SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#315098 - 02/03/11 01:17 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Victor, I fully agree. At 70 years of age I'm still able to do things that some 50 year-olds cannot, or as you say, will not do. Sure, I'll continue to eat fillet mignon, but I'll also be on the treadmill and weight bench tonight. Then I'll kick back, mix a tall Margaretta, watch some TV, than answer some email before going to bed and reading for a couple hours. The only outdoor exercise I get this time of year is shoveling snow, which is pretty strenuous when you consider what I have to clear each time the fluffy stuff falls.

Boring? Chas, you gotta' be kiddin' me. My life has been one, continuous, adventure, despite the fact I try to live a somewhat healthy lifestyle. In the short time I've been on Planet Earth I've been able to accomplish and do things that a lot of people only dream of doing. And, if I can manage to keep myself healthy, I'm looking forward to a lot more neat places and things to explore. Longevity isn't in the genes, but I'm hoping to break that nasty cycle by living to 108, at which time I'm hoping to be shot in the back of the head by the jealous husband of a 19-year old nymphomaniac while leaping from a second story window. wink (Gotta keep dreamin'.)

Unfortunately, most of the professional musician/entertainers I know, which is quite a few, have very few interests outside of music. They, IMHO, lead a pretty boring life.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#315111 - 02/03/11 02:45 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You guys HAVE to stop CONTINUING to respond in a serious manner to something I said in jest, and then RE-EMPHAIZED in a later post, that it was only said in jest. Bill got it, and responded appropriately. My gosh, can there be NO room for levity on this board? Or possibbly, just no room for levity from ME?

THAT SAID, I'll try to be more sensitive to the things that seem to upset you. Further, I pledge to (in no particular order):

1. Take an arranger to work.

2. "Friend" Scott on Facebook.

3. Use more bends and scoops in my sax emulations.

4. Denounce Jazz and embrace Country (well, maybe later).

5. Include one doo-wop (for Donny) and one 'Sinatra' (for Fran) in my set list.

6. Acknowledge that Yamaha has no known flaws (and never will).

7. NOT show up at the next Shereveport 'jam' (Squeak can represent me).

8. Send Donny an autographed picture of me.

9. Vote for Sarah Palin in the Republican presidential primaries (how better to help the Dems smile ).

10. IMMEDIATELY report to the board the first sign of toenail fungus.

chas (the new me)

#315141 - 02/03/11 07:31 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK Chas. I'll try to pick you up on my next trip south, which will be with the sailboat. Just gotta' figure out how to get up that damned skinny river to your place. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#315144 - 02/03/11 07:36 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: cgiles]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Chas please change your avatar for this one to prove your Devil is gone and we will believe you

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#315145 - 02/03/11 07:48 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
cgiles Offline

Don't call our river (Chattahoochee) skinny. Actually Gary, if you ever got that sailboat of yours down here on beautiful Lake Lanier, you'd never leave. There are lots of beautiful sailing lakes around here, mostly built by the Army Corp of Engineers, but as you know, we're pretty landlocked as far as coastal waters go. Oh well. No shortage of Country music, though. And the folks are actually pretty friendly around here in the northern suburbs of Atlanta (about 80% transplants who couldn't take that icy northeast weather smile ).

chas

#315158 - 02/03/11 10:55 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
chas (the new me)

You crack me up Chas ... so damned funny.
rotfl
And hey, is your avatar pic an actual photo of you ??? lmao. laugh

#315190 - 02/04/11 08:15 AM Re: Chas' Facebook Invite ! [Re: cgiles]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: cgiles

2. "Friend" Scott on Facebook.

I went to look for Chas' invitation but found: THIS shocked rotfl

#315230 - 02/04/11 01:27 PM Re: Chas' Facebook Invite ! [Re: Scottyee]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
I went to look for Chas' invitation but found: THIS shocked rotfl

Good one, Scott, but I'm a changed man now .

chas

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online