SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#314771 - 01/31/11 08:57 PM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Originally Posted By: Dnj

would love to hear your rendition scott on t4

Donny, are you able to sing and/or this great tune?

If so, do you do it in your show?

Again, if so, is it possible that you could post your rendition of it?

I think you could do a great job on it...especially since you love it so much.

It's a new tune to my ears, but, I'm considering learning in the near future...instrumentally, of course, I don't have your pipes.

Best wishes,
Ian

Ian...If you EVER get a chance to see the live play
JEKYLL & HYDE DO IT....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5iKRpE41E

I have this on my list of songs for my next CD possibly in a few months when I get time to record 7 lay down the tracks and vocals....I'm dying to sing & play this one it gives my goosebumps every time I hear it especially when the modulation comes in toward the end...WOW!!!
I'll certainly let you know for sure ok?

I would love to hear YOUR Instrumental arrangement on your T4 also when you get accustomed to it...

Edited by Dnj (01/31/11 08:58 PM)

#314772 - 01/31/11 09:01 PM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: Songman55]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Songman55
Yo guys, this song isn't about arrangers. This song is about the epitome of artistry. It doesn't get any better than this. I'm really not bad, in fact, I'm pretty good but I must say I wish I was as good as this guy. I sincerely hope that Broadway never dies because it keeps us all up to a certain standard. Long live real music.

Joe

BTW, thanks Donny for the post!

Joey....I hear you loud and clear live theater is so inspiring an art form that comes right from the very soul to the audience night after night.....!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ5iKRpE41E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWcEeYiSC8&feature=related

Edited by Dnj (01/31/11 09:04 PM)

#314773 - 01/31/11 09:03 PM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Jekyll and Hyde . . . One of my favorite Broadway songs OMG !!

Yeah, a great tune. Here's a nice older Tyros 2 rendition of "This Is The Moment" played and sung live on stage by my UK Scottish buddy Willie Tait; audio rec with a simple onboard vidcam mic. He utilized the "Epic Ballad" style. cool

Willie Tait - This Is The Moment

Hi Scott...I thought this was a "straight from the heart" performance by Willie, and I sent him a private message on YPKO telling him how the tune was sung with great feeling and passion...Willie had his heart and mind wrapped around the lyrics...plus, he played the background using a style...I really enjoyed it a lot.

Ian

#314774 - 01/31/11 10:05 PM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Hi Scott...I thought this was a "straight from the heart" performance by Willie, and I sent him a private message on YPKO telling him how the tune was sung with great feeling and passion...Willie had his heart and mind wrapped around the lyrics...plus, he played the background using a style.

Hi Ian, that's exactly how I felt. This showcases the challenge of singing while simultaneously playing & triggering the arranger controls live, and at the same time, playing the keyboard instrumental lines and fills all live on stage. Who says we can't walk and chew gum at the same time? laugh

#314825 - 02/01/11 06:43 AM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Willie is an incredible singer and performer.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314842 - 02/01/11 08:19 AM Re: Robert Cuccioli as Jekyll and Hyde [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

SCott ask wille to re record thios song using his
NEW Tyros 4....I'd lover to hear the orchestral comparison.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online