SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#314949 - 02/01/11 09:11 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah, I'm not sure I'd go to a health care provider's forum for information about how to play the arranger... wink

Might be better asked at WebMD or something like that. Gary is the only health care pro here, isn't he? Maybe he can suggest a site?

#314952 - 02/01/11 09:28 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually we have an Italian MD hanging out here too! Dreamer.
DonM

#314975 - 02/02/11 03:34 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I am a physician (general physician) so I thought I could help.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#314980 - 02/02/11 05:16 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: vagro]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
taz Try Dettol and a wire brush! lol Nah, a tablet sounds better to me hehe.

#314982 - 02/02/11 06:24 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Victor,

All good advice for living longer and healthier. Eating healthy, regular exercise, keep the weight down, etc.. all go a long way in preventing coronary artery disease. Unfortunately, most folks cannot, and will not follow those rules as strict as they should. Consequently, those arteries begin plugging up with fatty deposits that eventually turn into plaque.

Other factors, however, have recently come to light, some of which we have little or no control over. Genetics, of course, plays a major role. Additionally, some light has been shed on various inflammatory diseases that are believed to have a direct effect on the coronary arteries, causing plaque to rapidly form.

Keep in mind that most of us (synthzoners) are beyond the age where significant changes in life style will produce dramatic results and extend our lives. (Diki excluded!) If you're 60 years old or older and you have recently undergone bypass surgery or stinting, it's unlikely that you'll dramatically change your lifestyle and live 30 more years.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (02/02/11 06:25 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling error

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314988 - 02/02/11 08:29 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: vagro]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By: vagro
I am a physician (general physician) so I thought I could help.

I didn't know that! However, I have read that many people with advanced degrees, including doctors, have musical backgrounds.
Now doc, about this rash . . . smile
DonM

#314991 - 02/02/11 08:47 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Vagro,
Thanks you for the information. I have decided after a little reseach to:
1) Soak feet in Green tea first
2) Use Vicks Vapo Rub then put on socks for all night

Every night.
If it does not work I may go to Dermatlogist.

If it works I hope it's permenant.

And I am 62, so I am also tryng to do all thoe things you mentioned Victor..I want to be here a long while yet...got to see what all the new arrangers bring on a ongoing basis!

#315006 - 02/02/11 10:10 AM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My mistake, then. Some of us have been hiding our light under a bushel!

Now, why does it hurt when I type? computer

#315032 - 02/02/11 01:26 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: Diki]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Hi Gary, I know it's very hard to achieve all those targets and it will even not be as effective after a certain age also. However it must be kept on mind that there are not magical solutions either. If an overweight patient comes to my office asking for a cure for his nail fungal problem in order to decrease his vascular risk I must advice it is more important his overweight problem. Actually I never read fungi are a new coronary risk factor yet, but I learn something new everyday smile

Lee
I'd like to know if that works!! I only know antifungal drugs and topical applications for the treatment of onicomicosis but sometimes there are other possibilities that the pharmacologic industry don't want us to know. Let me know if you improve in the next 3 months....and by the way you could record a video playing your Pk5 pedalboard with the naked feet as a proof laugh

Don
That rash wow.... check on your skin if you find those little bugs.... shocked

Tassiespirit
Good idea to try with Dettol and a wire brush. I will tell my wife she can try it on my nails after I'm gone wave

Diki
I understand so many things now I see how you hurt your head. A cerebral CT scan for you surprised

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#315040 - 02/02/11 02:57 PM Re: OT -- Heart disease question (poll) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

"Diki
I understand so many things now I see how you hurt your head. A cerebral CT scan for you surprised"

Doc got Diki! Doc got Diki! HEHEHEHEH smile

Actually, as deep a thinker as Diki is, his head HAS to hurt sometimes.
DonM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online