SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#314276 - 01/28/11 12:58 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: DonM]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Great style & Harmony and that voice...I wish I could do that.
I am glad you are overcoming your situation, when there is a will there is a way....just like the great guitarist Django Reinhardt that had a limited use of his hand.
Love to hear more of your music.

#314277 - 01/28/11 01:10 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Damn. Now I've got to go back and re-learn "What are you doing the rest of my life". I've loved that tune since the first time I heard Dusty Springfield do it. I'd almost forgotton what a beautiful tune that is. Thanks again Russ.

chas

#314278 - 01/28/11 01:18 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
Damn. Now I've got to go back and re-learn "What are you doing the rest of my life". I've loved that tune since the first time I heard Dusty Springfield do it. I'd almost forgotton what a beautiful tune that is. Thanks again Russ.

chas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM2KjStdIhs

#314279 - 01/28/11 01:26 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: captain Russ]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Russ...
A nice surprise. You look Mahhhh-ve-lous...and sound great, both pickin' and singing. Glad you are healing and feeling better. I know it has been an ordeal for you.
Eddie

#314285 - 01/28/11 02:32 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... I was hesitant to ask if that was 'before' or 'after' ... I am quite happy to hear that it is 'after' because it shows what progress you have made ... keep it going, friend, clap

#314286 - 01/28/11 02:39 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: DonM]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hi Russ, I think since you must watch your left hand a lot due to your injury, you should buy a headset mic and sing more songs for your live show. IMO, your audience would enjoy more sung songs, instrumental gets old quicker, IMO.

You know more chords 'n I do.

#314288 - 01/28/11 02:54 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Actually, Bill, when I play keys, I sing about 50% of the time.

While I don't really enjoy singing as much as playing, over the years, I have done voice-over work for lots of films...mostly industrial or ones for State Tourism departments, lots of singing on regional commercials and a few national ones...Sealtest Milk...KFC...Lenscrafters and a number of others.

I know a few chords and would have a ball sitting down down and playing together. I admire people with the dedication and desire to be song writers.

I've sold out! I write industrial film scores which sell things like cars, not ideas and emotions.

I'm at my happiest when I'm backing another musician/singer.
I like to make others sound as good as possible.

Thanks, and keep up the good work. Get stuck on structure and I'll be glad to supply an idea or two.

Russ

#314295 - 01/28/11 03:53 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, you'd better learn that song, because that is the song I requested when we talked briefly about doing something for each other when the time came!

And I know, you'd KILL playing it!

Russ

#314299 - 01/28/11 04:07 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Really enjoyed seeing and hearing you, Russ. I really love the nice, clean guitar picking.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#314304 - 01/28/11 04:26 PM Re: Give your opinion on this old guy [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Why are we all so suprised at Russ? He's been doing this stuff for about a hundred years; 'bout time he got it right smile.

Russ, sorry I missed your call. I took advantage of this little weather break (55 and sunny) to excercise the ponies, Kimmy (Kymco) and Tiger (Triumph Triple). Talk to you maybe tomorrow? Playing (tomorrow) from 6 to 11 over in Marrietta, though, with 5, count 'em, FIVE pieces. Should be fun.

chas

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online