SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#31293 - 10/07/07 06:57 PM Re: Midijay PLUS is here ...
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey Dreamer!
So...the "new" Midjay is better then the old one?I just sold my SD1+EXP to buy a Midjay,due to extra weight.What about the vocalizer on-board..is it present?And how much ..do you have a clue?
Check this out...with SD1 http://home.no.net/viocaia/ketron.htm

#31294 - 10/08/07 02:16 AM Re: Midijay PLUS is here ...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Viocaia,
I think that the Midjay plus is a substantial improvement compared with the old Midjay; I too am planning to upgrade as soon as it hits the market. My opinion is that, until the Audya comes out, the Midjay plus is the best unit Ketron has to offer.
Speaking of the harmonizer, the Midjay has a mic input with gain, volume and tone control but, according to Ketron, it can be used just for talking. Ketron has, however, a three voices vocalizer, that comes as an optional. My opinion is that, if the harmonizer is really important to you, you check elsewhere (the Roland G-70 and the Korg PA-2-X pro have excellent harmonizers).

#31295 - 10/08/07 09:21 PM Re: Midijay PLUS is here ...
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I've been going back and forth over purchasing the SD1+ or the SD5, but am undecided because of the differences in keyboard length. I also play piano, and I'm thinking if the piano patch is realistic, then I would need the full keyboard. But, I'm also thinking of portability for the small jobs I do during the week.

I've toyed with the idea of a MIDjay and controller keyboard so I can buy what feels good under my fingers.

My question: So far I'm confused about the following:

How would I do "fills?" Would I have to keep going back to the module to tap the button?

Also, what features would I be using regularly that I'd have to work from the module?

Any clear disadvantages with using this type of a setup for a working "one-man-band?" You really don't know what's missing until you buy and start using it! And often you can't return a keyboard unless you bring it back within 5 seconds of purchasing it!

#31296 - 10/09/07 06:03 AM Re: Midijay PLUS is here ...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark79100:

How would I do "fills?" Would I have to keep going back to the module to tap the button?

Yes, or... you could use a dedicated pedal board made by Ketron

Also, what features would I be using regularly that I'd have to work from the module?

I would say all of them, unless you buy a master keyboard that can send bank and program change numbers; in this case all you have to do is setting your registrations in advance inside the Midjay and then use the master keyboard to call them at will.

Any clear disadvantages with using this type of a setup for a working "one-man-band?"

If you set the Midjay very close to the keyboard it's like working with any other arranger keyboard and so far no a-k offers the versatility of the Midjay (i.e. playing styles, MP3s, Wav, midifiles and DJ Loops).
The Korg PA-2Xpro comes close and has also an excellent harmonizer, but at what price?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online