SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#312723 - 01/16/11 04:11 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Beakybird]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Beakybird

I'm glad that Korg came out with auto-fill. I'm surprised they ddidn't have this years ago.

This is what I don't get...The PA2 already has auto-fill, just not assigned to a particular button.

You can set it up so that when you hit a fill button it automatically goes to whatever variation you choose, even to a break....It can be linked and saved within a Songbook entry, so your "fill-mode" can be different for EVERY song if you so wish.

I just don't see how having a dedicated button on the front panel is THAT much of an upgrade to be honest.

Dennis

#312726 - 01/16/11 04:25 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: miden]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Originally Posted By: miden
can two engines be used simultaneously - play a style AND a midi at the same time

This would make the upgrade worthwhile. With two sequencers, I could never understand why Korgs couldn't do this before. Yamaha lets you do this with ONE sequencer!

#312730 - 01/16/11 05:01 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
mmmmmm wont be caught out again,, waiting to see first the whole story, and if they are listening, where is the larger poly, and what about styles? once Korg were the leaders here, now Yamaha have blitzed them, and the drums still sound too compressed. What amazes me is that this board will probably be appromimately the same price as the new synth, if not more and yet has less to offer. If they really wanted to wow the market why wouldn't they have incorporated the pa3x with the Kronos, now that would have been something!!

#312731 - 01/16/11 05:28 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
And the Korg bashing continues frown Have you people nothing else to do?

#312732 - 01/16/11 05:36 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Scottyee]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Dear Korg, I would put more effort in the sounds rather than this 8 effects, dual sequencer useless stuff. We need one good sequencer, not two. As for effects, it's a thing of the past, nowadays people rarely bother with more than eq and reverb.

The sounds of the PA3X don't quite cut it, even compared to my Tyros 2. The violin that I have heard is significantly weaker than the one on my Tyros 2. The clean electric guitar in the funk style, can't stand a chance with the Megavoice and super articulation clean guitars.

How much ROM does the Tyros 2 have ? 300 mb , if I am not mistaken. That's more than the PA3X and it's from an older keyboard.

And please implement a chord track like the Yamaha, because it really works well for writing a song structure really quickly.

You seem to have done a very good job with the Kronos, but the PAX3 is no match for it.

Regards, AYPN

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/16/11 05:38 PM)

#312733 - 01/16/11 05:40 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: Robbo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Robbo
If they really wanted to wow the market why wouldn't they have incorporated the pa3x with the Kronos, now that would have been something!!

That would have been awesome. I was very, very impressed with the Kronos...certainly it would be a great gigging instrument for someone in a band...all the essential sounds, and then some.

So far the PA3X hasn't moved me a whole lot, although it does have some neat features, especially the chord sequencer.

The dual MP3's aren't anything I'd use, but they do have some pretty cool tricks like the voice canceling, harmony triggering etc.

More demos are needed, for sure, and more in depth ones, at that.

Ian

Ian

#312734 - 01/16/11 05:45 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
FransN Offline

And again the Korg bashing continues. I thought we wouldn't do that anymore on this forum. That things has changed and we respect each other instruments.

I also can start again bashing Yamaha but I won't in respect to Yamaha users who don't write all this crap.

#312735 - 01/16/11 05:57 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: FransN]
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Originally Posted By: FransN
And again the Korg bashing continues. I thought we wouldn't do that anymore on this forum. That things has changed and we respect each other instruments.

I also can start again bashing Yamaha but I won't in respect to Yamaha users who don't write all this crap.

mmmh....looks like I have pushed some of your hot buttons, and they weren't the ones on your keyboard.

This is a forum....if you don't like it, find yourself something better to do, homie... don't go around telling people what to do. I have enough musical expertise to freely express what I think of a new instrument.

Get a life, Mr Dictator .

Edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (01/16/11 06:01 PM)

#312736 - 01/16/11 06:02 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: FransN]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: FransN

Frans, I don't see any "bashing" in my post.

I wasn't impressed with what I have heard from the demos...were you?

I think Korg could do a much better job of showcasing this new instrument...so far it doesn't sound any better than the PA2X; that doesn't mean the sound is necessarily bad....hardly.

The PA2X impressed me. This one is too much the same; at least from what we've heard so far.

Ian

#312737 - 01/16/11 06:04 PM Re: Namm 2011 Update: Info on the Korg Pa3X [Re: arranger_yes_pc_no]
FransN Offline

You know knothing fool. Get a life and stop writing about things you don't understand.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online