SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#311377 - 06/27/10 01:48 PM ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
It seems the issue of ID3 tags in MP3 files, in particular Album Art, is STILL causing the Players to crash.

This was a bug I highlighted nearly 18 months ago,( I even sent a sample) and it would seem it is still not fixed.

Might I suggest, Domenico, you have 64 Studio have a look at this?

I have recently just completed an experiment using a file WITH art, it failed. EXACT same file but WITHOUT the art, plays perfectly...

Needs to be fixed, I reckon

Cheers
Dennis

#311378 - 06/27/10 05:51 PM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Yes... this is a core function of the Keyboard and something I'd consider extremely important that needs fixing.

Domenico, the work you have done is fantastic, but maybe it's time to stop adding new features and to focus on house keeping over the existing systems for a little while.

Take the time to relax, slow down and just focus on fine tune and perfecting everything you have already implemented.

Regards
James

#311379 - 06/27/10 09:46 PM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Yes... this is a core function of the Keyboard and something I'd consider extremely important that needs fixing.

Domenico, the work you have done is fantastic, but maybe it's time to stop adding new features and to focus on house keeping over the existing systems for a little while.

Take the time to relax, slow down and just focus on fine tune and perfecting everything you have already implemented.

Regards
James

James,

This is what Ketron need to do, is his this a trait with all KB manufactures, they don't finish one properly before they start manufacturing another, do you think Loinstracs have too many products, they have more models than FORD. They can't keep up with their website .

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 06-27-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#311380 - 06/27/10 11:39 PM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
do you have try to play the ID3 tags Mp3 under Vlc players mode? ( by pressing the key: VIDEO, the all files will be forwarded to the LVC engine)

64studio have noting to do with the Mediastation OS apps, they only building the all packages and insert/setup new .deb packages on ISO.

In this week, after I get the new DSL connection on new office, we start to fix the only bugs request on OS 4.3.

yesterday I have migrated again the old server to the new one, but still we have to fix the all database sql.
Bad experience with Justhost.com, cost about nothing, but NO service and NO possibility to streaming media, Mp3, Video and ISO files!
We buy again a new server from Theplanet.com, montly expensive but FULL service for my products support.
Patience..we come back soon
thanks

#311381 - 06/27/10 11:54 PM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks for the heads up on the new web page info.

Yes the file does work when using the video mode, but it really should work in the standard player too.

In the video mode you just get a blank screen when the file loads and lose the tracking graphic display,

And you also lose the ability to drop into KAOSS mode...Something a DJ would use a lot I would think.

Dennis

#311382 - 06/28/10 10:32 AM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.

Quote:
This is what Ketron need to do, is his this a trait with all KB manufactures, they don't finish one properly before they start manufacturing another

Na... I have to say that I wouldn't have see much of that going on anywhere to be honest. Ketron...yeah sure, they have serious problems but nobody else really seems to do it.

Yes you get your bugs in every keyboard, but generally speaking everyone (except Ketron) quickly addresses all known issues and deliver on a very good product. The difference though here is that all closed keyboard manufactures ride off into the sunset the second they get the OS running like a well oiled machine.

Lionstracs offer far more. You get your OS updates, and they keep on coming. Always new features and so on..... It just keeps on getting better.

Quote:
do you think Loinstracs have too many products, they have more models than FORD

No because they all run on the exact same OS. If anything it greatly helps the development of the OS as it increases Lionstracs ability to sell more product.

More Sales = More money for Lionstracs to development the OS for the benefit of everyone. The more development = the more sales.

It's a happy circle

Quote:
They can't keep up with their website .

To be fair, the website in question has nothing to do with Lionstracs. It's a distributors site. It's for Germany so it's not going to effect you anyway. Lionstracs are doing their own thing with their own website that will make a big difference soon.

It's all good mate.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-28-2010).]

#311383 - 06/28/10 10:51 AM Re: ID3 tags STILL an issue with OS
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
In this week, after I get the new DSL connection on new office, we start to fix the only bugs request on OS 4.3.

Thanks Domencio.
A little house keeping will really make the OS shine.

Regards
James

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online