SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311278 - 06/14/10 11:39 AM Anyone update to 4.3 ?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi guys.
Has anyone updated to 4.3 ?

I just installed it using the Keep Data option and after the keyboard boots into linux and starts to load the Lionstracs software, I see the new splash screen I made with the Girl in a Dance pose and then the software crashes out and throws me back to Linux.

So... is it working for you ?
I have never had any success using the Keep option and the thoughts of doing a full install at this point is not exactly something I want to face as I had done a lot of setup work on the keyboard and registered my VSTi's

Regards
James

#311279 - 06/14/10 11:53 AM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi guys.
Has anyone updated to 4.3 ?

I just installed it using the Keep Data option and after the keyboard boots into linux and starts to load the Lionstracs software, I see the new splash screen I made with the Girl in a Dance pose and then the software crashes out and throws me back to Linux.

So... is it working for you ?
I have never had any success using the Keep option and the thoughts of doing a full install at this point is not exactly something I want to face as I had done a lot of setup work on the keyboard and registered my VSTi's

Regards
James

James,

Do I see troubles ahead with this stuff, there are only a few people out there to answer you on the update load, even less than Audya. I haven’t sold the Audya yet and I didn’t think I would all that easy, the markets are flat out there at the moment and I think things are going to get worse before it gets better. There appears to be a lot of bugs popping up in MS, I know that Dom is fixing them on the fly but, it appears to me to be a time to sit back a short while before buying one.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#311280 - 06/14/10 12:03 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
There appears to be a lot of bugs popping up in MS, I know that Dom is fixing them on the fly but, it appears to me to be a time to sit back a short while before buying one.

Offcourse there are a lot of bugs when you update an OS as often as Dom does..

Just make sure you have 2 hard disks, 1 disk with a stable OS and data for your live sessions...

And a swap disk for at home to play around with the new feautures.

This is an open system that requires a different approach, but the main question is : "Are you up for it?"

http://keyszone.boards.net

#311281 - 06/14/10 12:14 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
wrong, will not crash...
Is just that you there are NOT read the all specification that i gave....read again on the OPTION page HOW to install
but honest we found now a true bug...
the combi work and play the all patch, but on edit mode, the giga GM wil not display the all sounds LSCP.
I forgot to test..we have to refres the gui that read the LSCP sampler too.

Second note:
fow play the mp3 Cdg, mpeg..with VLC, you have to press the key. VIDEO
Video will be enalbe to ON and the all files that you play on the player browser, will be played from VLC.
when video mode is OFF, all the files are played from the old audio engine.

Saturday the small fix update current.

#311282 - 06/14/10 12:19 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Offcourse there are a lot of bugs when you update an OS as often as Dom does..

Just make sure you have 2 hard disks, 1 disk with a stable OS and data for your live sessions...

And a swap disk for at home to play around with the new feautures.

This is an open system that requires a different approach, but the main question is : "Are you up for it?"

Bachus,

To tell you the truth I don't know, there appears to be a fair number of problems emerging with MS and going through the Audya saga, I think I may stand back on this one for a short while; Dom is on a second build run, I am beginning to sound like Leezone don’t I. I am up from anything Bachus, but this time I have a choice and a lot of experience and a watchful eye! I am not just yet ready to part with my hard earned cash.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#311283 - 06/14/10 01:25 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No issues here with the update...

I read the Options tab on the website, so I knew that on first boot we need to manually run the VLC player. Then do a restart. No problems at all.

And Tony, your impatience again shows. You do seem to think EVERYTHING must be answered immediately, or there must be some dire circumstance about to happen.

Al people had to do was check the options tab. This was already outlined by Domenico in another thread even before the OS was released.

The suggestion I would make to Domenico is that on the website he marks it as "Install Instructions" rather than under "Options"

Would make it stand out more I think.

Dennis

#311284 - 06/14/10 01:32 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
miden Offline

What I would like to change is that splash screen of the girl..Personally I do not like it at all, and would prefer something a little more tasteful and understated.

But it IS an Italian company

Dennis

#311285 - 06/14/10 02:09 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
What I would like to change is that splash screen of the girl..Personally I do not like it at all, and would prefer something a little more tasteful and understated.

But it IS an Italian company

Dennis

I do not like it also if this is a splashscreen,becouse the pictore on lionstracs gives wrong image about Lionstracs, i hope you can delete that.

maybe they can do something with:

or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdxE55K-Wvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh6-uhGvBIY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVb9cezeGl0&feature=related

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-14-2010).]

#311286 - 06/14/10 02:20 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
My 4.3 boots up with Diki's picture..

#311287 - 06/14/10 02:35 PM Re: Anyone update to 4.3 ?
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
My 4.3 boots up with Diki's picture..

Awwww, isn't that sweet

Have you come out Fran? I would have thought that pic of the girl was right for you

Dennis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online