Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#310505 - 05/04/10 12:20 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol.... Nice one Domenico...!!!!!

Just ran into a big problem on my end. Allowing the program to actually store the Giga files within the database is not going to work. I'm storing everything attached to the program within a single file and because the files we will be attaching can be anywhere from hundreds of megabytes in size to gigabytes, my database file is too big.

Once you exceed the 4GB mark Windows doesn't like it and the entire system slows down to a crawl. I've even tried to write in a function that limits the database file to 2GB and when you exceed that it creates a second file that can also accept 2GB and so on.... But it's too slow as the files are just too big. Your hard disk will take too long to open and search the database.

So.......

To get around this problem I've had to remove the ability to attach files, but you still won't have to type in paths or file names. I've added a “Get Path” option that pulls in the path to your selected giga file and it populates the relevant fields.

Ultimately it does the same thing, the files are just not attached to the database. They are just sitting in a folder on your hard disk and the program can extract the information it needs when you select the file.

Regards
James

Some clever lateral thinking there James

Seems like a perfectly workable solution. As you say, has the benefit of keeping the file size more compact...And in the end the exact same result is achieved.

Dennis

#310506 - 05/04/10 01:09 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Thanks james.
I suggest you to modify your tool, that not embedded the all gig files but create only the complete .lscp file.
remember that the OS code will loading automatically your all new sounds only IF the LSCP file is located inside the Presets folder.
The allowed LSCP file names are only:
MS-02-instruments-1.lscp
MS-02-tyros.lscp
MS-02-oriental.lscp

Only this 3 script will be loaded automatically on Restart players and reboot system.

About your tool, dont need to embedded the all giga file, make the hyperlink to the path .gig file and over.
The BEST then is that you add one button feature, like we made on Jsampler for VST version.
After you have created your own bank, the Create bank folder will COPY the all .giga files used to the all around directory and put all on ONE master directory.
After copied all, the tools have to UPDATE the all path directory to the new one.

IF then you will use this all new giga sounds bank under the MS and GROOVE, remember that the tool have to written the correct linux directory path.
Must be always start from:
'/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/here your master sounbank directory / and inside the all files/subfolders.

EXAMPLE of your final path:
'/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/JamesBank1/001Acoustic\x20Grand\x20Piano/GrandPiano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'GrandPiano.gig [0]'

So..when one new soundbank is created, all must be inside, including one copy of the LSCP file to MOVE/COPY to the Preset folder.

In this way you can share ( or sell) your complete soundbank, the user have ONLY to copy the sounbank inside the GigaLibrary folder, copy the LSCP file on Preset folder and..Restart... game over.
Get the idea?

When your tool is nice working, finally Nedim can use it and sell new Oriental giga sounbank without buy one Groove.
(for make the same for the Audya..have to buy one Audya... )

#310507 - 05/04/10 01:19 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
James..just a littel question...
but the all other brands..give the same OS support and features request that I give you?
second question...I know that I still have bugs around on my OS and must to be fixed ( I try to make my best when I can..) but..(with included this some bugs), is the MS a nice products ot not?
You have now started understand how is working my OS and about the all features around...give now fun or not?
I'm just curious, because you had on your hands MANY keyboards...
How you fell now with the MS?
Honest, don't worry....Diki will not reply here...

#310508 - 05/04/10 01:47 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
but the all other brands..give the same OS support and features request that I give you?
second question...I know that I still have bugs around on my OS and must to be fixed ( I try to make my best when I can..) but..(with included this some bugs), is the MS a nice products ot not?
You have now started understand how is working my OS and about the all features around...give now fun or not?
I'm just curious, because you had on your hands MANY keyboards...
How you fell now with the MS?

I know your question was referred to James.

but you and others know my opinion about you and lionstracs-lionstracs products and lionstracs team

#310509 - 05/04/10 03:11 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Domenico.

Quote:
I suggest you to modify your tool, that not embedded the all gig files but create only the complete .lscp file.
remember that the OS code will loading automatically your all new sounds only IF the LSCP file is located inside the Presets folder.
The allowed LSCP file names are only:
MS-02-instruments-1.lscp
MS-02-tyros.lscp
MS-02-oriental.lscp
Only this 3 script will be loaded automatically on Restart players and reboot system.

Thanks for the advice. I've just implemented all that. Now when you press the button Write LSPC you can see 3 options, one for each type of file.

Quote:
About your tool, dont need to embedded the all giga file, make the hyperlink to the path .gig file and over.

Yes, that's done now and I'm much happier. Keeps the size of the program down and it operates lightening fast too.

Quote:
IF then you will use this all new giga sounds bank under the MS and GROOVE, remember that the tool have to written the correct linux directory path.
Must be always start from:
'/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/here your master sounbank directory / and inside the all files/subfolders. /quote]

Now done, minus the sub folder.
[quote]EXAMPLE of your final path:
'/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/JamesBank1/001Acoustic\x20Grand\x20Piano/GrandPiano.gig' 0 0.9 PERSISTENT 'GrandPiano.gig [0]'

I have the program now generating this code for every sound in the library. It scans the database for actual sounds you have completely setup correctly and then writes the LSPC file.

If you make a mistake and don't link to a file, the progarm will skip that sound and not include it in the LSPC file.

Quote:
So..when one new soundbank is created, all must be inside, including one copy of the LSCP file to MOVE/COPY to the Preset folder.

Yep.... In time I can get the progarm to actually move files and folders on the Mediastation too, so it makes no difference where all the files are. The program will move everything to the right folders.

Quote:
In this way you can share ( or sell) your complete soundbank, the user have ONLY to copy the sounbank inside the GigaLibrary folder, copy the LSCP file on Preset folder and..Restart... game over.
Get the idea?

Yep...

Quote:
When your tool is nice working, finally Nedim can use it and sell new Oriental giga sounbank without buy one Groove.

Flipping heck your right. Anyone can assemble a library with it without the need for a MS/Groove by using this tool.

Quote:
(for make the same for the Audya..have to buy one Audya...

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 05-04-2010).]

#310510 - 05/04/10 03:32 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Quote:

It's certainly quite a different experience from closed keyboards that's for sure. The amount of freedom and flexibility you get from the system is quite amazing. Even a simple thing like being able to load Gigabytes of samples on the keyboard still blows me away. With closed keyboards I'm forever running out of ram or hitting some other sort of limitation.

Quote:

Can't tress how happy I'm with the system. Honestly, it's seriously good and super flexible. It's hard to explain, it's like I have all the benefits of a DAW, but at no point do I feel I'm working with a PC, it always feels like a musical instrument and for me that's extremely important. How the systems seamlessly implemented make this true pleasure to use.

Quote:

lol... I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of what is said in this part of the forum far exceeds his understanding and ability so unless he's looking to Troll here too, I don't expect to see him ever posting here.

Cheers
James.

#310511 - 05/04/10 04:07 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi all.

I know I said in my last video you won't see the prgoarm again until it was finished, but with all the changes that had to be made.... well here's another preview.

I'd appreciate your feedback guys.

Beta Preview 3

Regards
James.

#310512 - 05/04/10 04:45 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
miden Offline

Loc: The World
G'day James,

looking good

On the LSCP file on the MS, where you have the 127, it has 0 0.9 instead, and this is repeated for all 127 patches.

As you said, if Dom watches the vid (and he will) its one for him I reckon

I also notice you have a "variation" tab. What control method are you (Lionstracs?) using to access the higer banks, if there any to access?

Controller 0, Normal method, controller 127,

In the GM2 spec there is provision for higher banks, usually accessed by sending CC 0, (MSB) CC32 (LSB) and then a Patch Change event selecting the actual patch number.

It is probably a moot point however, as a lot of VSTs only allow the one bank anyway, all accessed by the standard CC 0.

I am not sure about Giga banks as I have not a lot of experience with them.

One last question, will your editor eventually be able to do the same if a user wanted to use VST instruments, instead of GIGA? And if its a yes, will a new format (not LSCP) be needed to do so? Or from your knowledge can the LSCP be amended?

Dennis

#310513 - 05/04/10 06:31 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Dennis.

Quote:
On the LSCP file on the MS, where you have the 127, it has 0 0.9 instead, and this is repeated for all 127 patches.

Yeah... I'll need Domencio to explain how his value relates to volume. I need to know what are the defined ranges. I had assumed it was normal midi, but it's clearly not.

Also... why are there 3 values in the LSCP file ?
0 0.9 ? and why not just 0.9 for volume ?

Linuxsampler.org is not clear on this either. They don't define the ranges at all.

Quote:
I also notice you have a "variation" tab. What control method are you (Lionstracs?) using to access the higer banks, if there any to access?

From what I understand {1,127,127} is just how Linux Sampler reads the data. There's no MSB/LSB as such.

In {1,127,127} the first number defines the type of sound it is. 0 for Instrument, 1 for Drum Kit. Second number is the variation or the so called MSB/LSB 0-127, and the last number is the program number 0-127.

I could be wrong on the MSB/LSB 0-127 though. Need Domenico to explain how this is implemented.

Quote:
One last question, will your editor eventually be able to do the same if a user wanted to use VST instruments, instead of GIGA? And if its a yes, will a new format (not LSCP) be needed to do so? Or from your knowledge can the LSCP be amended?

Right now the 3 files the program can generate are totally specific to Linux Sampler and Giga files. You can't use this file to call up other things as the only program reading from the files will be Linux Sampler.

To edit VSTi's assigned to Programs would require the program to be expanded to edit and generate other files in other folders on the MS/Groove which are specific to VSTi's.

All of which is totally possible. I've designed the program that when I want to update it or add entirely new functions, all I need to do is issue you guys with an update patch. You open the program, go to “File” and select “update” and load the patch issued through the menu displayed at this point. This will update the entire program without it even needing to be restarted

Regards
James.

#310514 - 05/04/10 06:32 PM Re: Preview of LSPC Gen
Irishacts Offline

Hi Domenico.

Inside the LSCP file there are two lines that say the following......

Quote:
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Chromatic'
and further down it says....
ADD MIDI_INSTRUMENT_MAP 'Drum Kits'

Do I have to include those two lines in the file ?

As you know after “MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT” the first number defines the sound as an instrument or a percussion sound. 0 being an instrument and 1 being a drum kit.

So why the need for the two lines above ?

I'm only asking because of the drag & drop ability of my program the data needs to be dynamic for each sound in the database, but those two lines are not dynamic and they are also not headers. They need to be in an active area of my progarm, but being static they are causing me problems.

If I have to write them in, then will the MS/Groove read the information like this....

Quote:
# MIDI instrument map 0 - Chromatic
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 1 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/GrandPiano.gig' 127 PERSISTENT 'Grand Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 2 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/BrightPiano.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Bright Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 3 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/ElectricGrandPiano.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Electric Grand Piano'
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 4 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/Personal GM Bank/HonkyTonk.gig' 127 ON_DEMAND 'Honky Tonk'

And even have Drums and Instruments mixed together in a list like that.

I think it should work, but hey... you will know for sure. I'd prefer to not have to include it at all, but if the MS/Groove will read the file this way, then I can proceed.

If not... I have to come up with a new way of handling data internally.

Regards
James

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online