SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310382 - 04/07/10 09:54 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Bachus Offline

Quote:

The only thing about all that is now I'm using the Meidastation more like how a Neko operates.

Aye.... and we allready suspected that the Mediastation would be a great instrument to use in this way..

But most of us are hoping for an extended review of the arranger capabillities of the Mediastation.

Maybe you should send the MEdiastation to Diki for a month or so, he would surely test all possible arranging options on MS .. Or are we still expecting some indepth arranger reviews from you?

I know you are not really an arranger player, but most people on these boards are and we're still wayting on some indepth review of Both arrangers and its possibilities...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310383 - 04/07/10 01:21 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Maybe you should send the MEdiastation to Diki for a month or so, he would surely test all possible arranging options on MS ..

No disrespect to the guy but he would have to change his entire outlook before he would be suitable to even test an OPEN keyboard as an arranger. He has very set expectations which he simply won't find in a open keyboard.

Quote:
Or are we still expecting some indepth arranger reviews from you?

Yes, I did promise.

Your not missing out on much though. Changing sounds assigned to a style is simple and far less interesting than you might think.

Quote:
I know you are not really an arranger player, but most people on these boards are and we're still wayting on some indepth review of Both arrangers and its possibilities...

Sorry if you feel things are not moving on quick enough but remember I'm doing all this in my free time. It's also important to me that when I do post something I can talk about it in the capacity that it's been fully tested and I know how well that function works.

Regards
James

#310384 - 04/09/10 12:25 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Sorry if you feel things are not moving on quick enough but remember I'm doing all this in my free time. It's also important to me that when I do post something I can talk about it in the capacity that it's been fully tested and I know how well that function works.

Regards
James

Take your time James don't feel pressured. Your investigation is invaluable so just keep doing what you are already doing, it is very informative.

#310385 - 04/09/10 02:25 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
James
how I told on email..if you want you can also resize the internal MS display to a bigger resolution, but then you will have the MS GUI more smaller and not centered, because are made for 800x600.
Go in etc/X11/xorg.conf and edit the line where you see the mode: "800x600"
Edit like "1024X768" or 1280x1024" save and then reboot.
On reboot the MS display 800x600, will shown the desktop MUCH bigger.
OR change on bios the primary display to the On Board and you can use one external display with any size.

In future maybe I will make this:

LED backlight touch display 11.6", 1366x768.
is not a joke...look the video test demo: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/display/LEDtest.MOV
Much bigger resolution than OL keyboards..in LESS and Compact space...
This is the difference from: manufacture> PC assembler...( understand what I mean..)

#310386 - 04/09/10 02:56 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
James
how I told on email..if you want you can also resize the internal MS display to a bigger resolution, but then you will have the MS GUI more smaller and not centered, because are made for 800x600.
Go in etc/X11/xorg.conf and edit the line where you see the mode: "800x600"
Edit like "1024X768" or 1280x1024" save and then reboot.
On reboot the MS display 800x600, will shown the desktop MUCH bigger.
OR change on bios the primary display to the On Board and you can use one external display with any size.

In future maybe I will make this:

LED backlight touch display 11.6", 1366x768.
is not a joke...look the video test demo: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/display/LEDtest.MOV
Much bigger resolution than OL keyboards..in LESS and Compact space...
This is the difference from: manufacture> PC assembler...( understand what I mean..)

it wil be great if is something like akai S6000 or korg oasys or roland fantom G display- only the AKAI S6000 option conected with a cabel to akai S6000 is very good for live use. i mean the screen with al keys......... data wheel ....:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/2612211832_bec699aac6.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2565/4203160080_23e1caf1e4.jpg

nice to see i wide screen.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-09-2010).]

#310387 - 04/13/10 06:19 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Have to say that I'd actually disagree.

A removable / portable front panel like the S6000 defeats the purpose of an Open keyboard and it's total integration. The key point of an open keyboard is productivity level and it's streamlined workspace compared to a DAW.

As an actual OASYS owner the popup display is very exposed if your transporting the OASYS.

The new screen Domenico has and it's location is just perfect in my opinion. It's resolution is also extremely important too as VSTi's and software sequencers are written for DAW's which generally all run at high resolutions. So working with a 800X600 screen is not exactly ideal, where that larger screen would be totally kick ass to be honest.

A Sequencer would looks bloody sweet on that.

Regards
James

#310388 - 04/14/10 02:47 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Have to say that I'd actually disagree.

A removable / portable front panel like the S6000 defeats the purpose of an Open keyboard and it's total integration. The key point of an open keyboard is productivity level and it's streamlined workspace compared to a DAW.

As an actual OASYS owner the popup display is very exposed if your transporting the OASYS.

The new screen Domenico has and it's location is just perfect in my opinion. It's resolution is also extremely important too as VSTi's and software sequencers are written for DAW's which generally all run at high resolutions. So working with a 800X600 screen is not exactly ideal, where that larger screen would be totally kick ass to be honest.

A Sequencer would looks bloody sweet on that.

Regards
James

i did not said all MS front panel, only LCD the keys for sound selecting and F-keys and data wheel with exit-inter- arrow keys.

MS is here by even lighter. other advantage is when you use two keyboard on a stand. do you use on your Ultimate Support Apex stand 2 keyboards?!

Another advantage of this studio use. In short, if this is possible, yoou have only benefit. but this does not mean that groove / ms has been poorly designed.

but it can be better. because one of things that some guts to want is a good product design. especially when design makes the product more user-friendly.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-14-2010).]

#310389 - 04/14/10 04:24 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Hi AFG Music.

I'm just against removable parts or add ons when there's no real need for them if your sitting at the keyboard. The AKAI S6000 front panel only works well as a removable device simply because nobody is going to sit at a Rack. Your going to want to have it's function in your work space right beside the keyboards.

To me less is more if you know what I mean.

For example why do we have 20 buttons for navigating the Touch Screen on the Mediastation.

Regards
James

#310390 - 04/14/10 12:43 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Hi AFG Music.

I'm just against removable parts or add ons when there's no real need for them if your sitting at the keyboard. The AKAI S6000 front panel only works well as a removable device simply because nobody is going to sit at a Rack. Your going to want to have it's function in your work space right beside the keyboards.

To me less is more if you know what I mean.

For example why do we have 20 buttons for navigating the Touch Screen on the Mediastation.

Regards
James

but you can make the LCD popup like tyros 3:
http://en.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/YAMAHA+TYROS3.JPG
http://futuremusic.com/news/images/Yamaha_Tyros3.jpg

so its inline design but adjustable.

with this design it is possible to make LCD removable to.

it's just an idea. You can write new ideas now than when the product is ready.

The manufacturer has the right to decide. see what is feasible and what end users expect from a product. and not to forget cost.

when you make a good design, you should not think about 1 or 2 people in mind, but all your end users. and I know that is not easy.

but one thing is certain, how better you design and more people want to buy your product.

So manufacturer has every right to decide what the final product looks like. look at ideas but is also not bad.

when i bought Roland VA-76, I have send an email to Roland and asked why they did not make expanssion slots from fantom series on their arranger keyboards. they say we are going to think about. few years later, Roland G-70 and E-80 made use of. roland G-70 one slot and E80 two slot. I do not know if I've put them on this idea or someone else. but they certainly have not regretted it.

my other idea was not feasible for Roland:

I asked to make possible variphrase audio loops to use inside styles.
So you have midi + audio styles.

variphrase recording on Roland VA-76 series is possible in songs.

look what Lionstracs-Korg-Ketron now reach at this point by listen to their users, and good Roland continues to sleep.

i did not said make the LCD smaller again do not get me wrong, becouse is good to see a 11,6 inch widescreen LCD on new lionstracs keyboard.

domenico must not change that even if even if he chooses adjustable inline design (my openion)

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-14-2010).]

#310391 - 04/18/10 06:18 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Just added another video, number 7.

Regards
James

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online