SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#310392 - 04/18/10 11:14 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Good video James..

Can you advise what sound patches you used? As in GM, Giga or VST?

It seems far less "glitchy" than when I was doing styles on OS 3.

Dennis

#310393 - 04/19/10 06:08 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Dennis

Quote:
Can you advise what sound patches you used? As in GM, Giga or VST?

I'm only using the stock GM Giga files here. So this is pretty much the sound you get out of the box with no purchase of any additional sound source. Even the piano and strings on my right hand are stock sounds assigned to a COMBI.

While I'm very happy with the results, I will still in time look into replacing many of the GM sounds with my own sounds. I've been using AKAI Samplers all my life so I'd have a pretty extensive collection of premium sounds that would work like a dream inserted in exchange for some of the stock GM sounds. At the moment though it's not something that would be high up on my list of things to do. For me I will only ever use the Arranger functions to back singers. Everything else will likely be sequenced and streaming back as a wave.

Quote:
It seems far less "glitchy" than when I was doing styles on OS 3.

I can only find 2 issues with Live Styler and none of them are bugs. More so design / compatibility differences.

1: You can't transpose part of the style up or down an octave. Maybe you can, but for the life of me I can't find this function and on some styles I've optimised this is a function needed.

2: The sounds displayed on the screen are from the Ketron SD2 and and since the actual sound source used is the GM Giga bank, obviously many sounds won't work. The GM bank simply has nowhere near the amount of sounds a SD2 has.

Hmmmm.... that's got me thinking actually. I wonder is there someone interested in swapping a SD-2 for a V-Machine.

Regards
James

#310394 - 04/19/10 11:07 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Bachus Offline

This arranger seems to be made to function with the SD2 perfectly...

Thats for sure... so if one was to use it extensively on the mediastation he'd have to buy an SD2....

Or someone ought to make a sound collection of giga sounds to mimic all Ketron sounds.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310395 - 04/19/10 11:51 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
This arranger seems to be made to function with the SD2 perfectly...
Thats for sure... so if one was to use it extensively on the mediastation he'd have to buy an SD2....

Each Bank is GM compatible but the sound list extends to support the SD2. So while it will work with the GM bank by default on the Mdeaistation, if you had the SD2 connected to the midi port you would get all the benefits of the system.

So much so that you wouldn't have to do anything to a style. You would instantly have a fully function and optimized arranger with all the benefits of the Open system.

Quote:
Or someone ought to make a sound collection of giga sounds to mimic all Ketron sounds.

That is a very appealing idea.

Regards
James

#310396 - 04/19/10 01:41 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
You have mail James.

D

#310397 - 05/10/10 07:22 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation – Exploration.
Irishacts Offline

Video 8 added to the first post

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online