SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3093 - 01/17/04 07:30 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Loc: Sacramento Ca
sure..

Here's one.... its a little upbeat- more modern popish..
http://www.killingbuddha.com/Songs/Pretwnd%7E!1.mp3

If you like acoustic music try out this song-
http://www.killingbuddha.com/Songs/Nude.mp3

#3094 - 01/17/04 07:34 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul-61:
Sorry man, just can not get into it. Very good perfromance, but it's just not my type of music. Sorry.

Hey- thats fine- honesty is greatly appreciated.

you might want to take a listen to 'Nude Holiday" if you like softer acoustic music.

It's in the link above-

Thanks for listening.

#3095 - 01/18/04 12:55 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Thanks for the links.
I think your stuff is ****ing GREAT!
Just needs some touch ups in terms of sound design and of coarse mastering, but aside from that it's good. Nice work on the vocals too.
I wouldn't add any more sounds or synth stuff .
With your style of music I would avoid synths and sequencing and use all kinds of DSP to add more depgh to what's already there.
Even though I love synths, nowadays I tend to use Pro Tools (mainly GRM Tools plug ins) and Sonic Solution to process the hell out of live instrumental tracks and vocals. There's just so much that can be done with the sound.
Oh, ever tried using the "Green Bullet" mic on your vocal tracks?
If you haven't - give it a shot!
VERY COOL clean mid-range distortion. Brings the sound right up front and works well against heavy guitar sounds or busy backgrouds.
Keep writing! TO make it anywhre you have to bombard those record companies with tons of stuff 'till one of those snobs finally decides to do anything serious with you and give you a record deal that you'll be at least OK with. THat's from personal experience.
All the best!

-ED-

#3096 - 01/19/04 03:00 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

yup- you nailed it with the DSP comment. All the funny effects (drums etc) and such were done by using the effects processor of a K2600. Gotta love it. The song was actually recorded on a Vs 2480.

(sorry- I dont have a HD rig and Sonic solutions) hehe... although I'll give you my address if you wanna send it to me....

The green bullet eh? I'll check that out.

We plan on "bombarding" some record companies- but we dont have any representation at this time... so if you know anyone who would be willing to help- by all means- please let me know.

thanks for the review.

#3097 - 01/19/04 02:33 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, I really like your stuff and would like to help. But I write lots of music myself and most of my connections are film production companies, so they are not gonna be useful.

As far as equipment to help you process and master your stuff, you don't need Pro Tools HD or Sonic Solution. I only use them 'cause at the time when I bought my old Pro Tools setup and then Sonic Solution there was nothing else aroung that was even close to doing good processing or mastering. So I figure since I still have'em, might as well use'em instead of going for a brand new setup, and having to relearn everything. I do however have a Digi001 card which I often use with Logic 6 and it's great. I use plug-ins like Waves, Metric halo's channel strip and of coarse VST/AU version of the GRM Tools. It is a LOT cheaper then my high end stuff and it does just about as much. You might consider getting that at some point. Simply 'cause it's too damn frustrating to rely on other people doing you favors.

-ED-

#3098 - 01/22/04 02:47 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
I process DSP at 192000 with a 32 bit rate. Since I write my own Fast Forrier Transformations, I have developed a realtime capture routine of the active noise floor in the line signal and can virtually eliminate all measurable noise. From this point you can actually add harmonically balanced noise textures (its not a noise you can hear) that is harmonically balanced and created from that material. The result is a sound so live and real from the speakers, that you would swear they are right in front of you eyes open or not. I discovered the ability to control the noise carrier once when I was messing around with this blank carrier to see if it had any overtones or subsonics present in it. It can only be applied to single individual tracks of sound before mixing. It takes a bit of doing, and is certainly a task, but the finished product is nothing less than incredible. Even the sound of a whisper feels like it's whispered in your ear.

#3099 - 01/23/04 02:51 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Hey Morph- you got mail!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online