SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3083 - 01/04/04 02:40 PM OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Loc: Sacramento Ca
I dont mean to spam- but I come around here fairly often and I LOVE the Technics kn7000-
So if you have a minute (or five) click on the link and tell me whatcha think!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/killingbuddhamusic.htm

Listen to pretending parade.

#3084 - 01/04/04 06:41 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Loved it!

Even though the song was over four and a half minutes long, it constantly evolved and did NOT leave me feeling bored after the first minute of listening (which happens with 99% of the stuff I listen to).

It sounded original, interesting and exciting.

The only adjustment that I would recommend would be to further distance yourself from "normal" (guitar based) rock and be even more bold with the freaky synth stuff. I thought the bit at around 2:30 onwards was particularly good but in my opinion we need MORE of that kind of stuff (not necessarily slow music, just *different* sounding music)!

It was very good indeed.

I hate you.

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 01-04-2004).]

#3085 - 01/04/04 06:53 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
PS- get a decent website! Your band is too good to be wasted on that piece of toilet paper that you're currently hosted on.

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 01-04-2004).]

#3086 - 01/05/04 01:33 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Thanks EQ! seriously!

Yeah- we need a better website- It was done by our singer- we need to have it be more proffessional and mysterious- I'm talking with some people who do Flash sites right now regarding building our site for royalty free sound loops- so.... give it a month or two.

#3087 - 01/06/04 12:53 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

anyone?

#3088 - 01/07/04 03:10 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

did you say royalty free? LOL Wait, don't tell me, God sent you right? LOL
.I usually, and haven't posted this much in a while.
The material: WoW
Holy shit! I am excited, and thirst
Excellent potential. I mean exceptional!
Needs mastering though, more involved studio saavy type producing like convolations and other convolvments like premonitions and trippy shit like those in the beginning vocals. Their is also a new technique that is called backround shading enhancement which your quiet passage is a premium candidate for, and it's right up your alley but not too left winged or outlandish.
I just wish I wasn't booked up completely, I would've liked to ask if I could submit a trial mastering, at least that, but I am just totally slammed until I'd say June to July w/ the Medias not included.
I don't come to the synth board to solicit anyone either, I guess I'm just a bit shocked. LOL (in a good way.)
Only takes a certain 6-8 entities to hear a demo tune with permission to broadcast it if they like it you know, that's all it takes. As far as talent goes? wow. It's communicative and very good in innovative mystique. But, "It takes more that hot water and ingredients to make the soup." I personally think you guys are practically an autopilot group. You just need to chef up the product. You cant be the ingredients and the chef at the same time. Well, you can but hey I thought I was going to win the lotto too last week (if you know what I mean).
EDIT: oh yeah and Ben, EQ is right. Keep clear of Parasites LOL they're not healthy and can be downright annoying after a while.(soundclick)
------------------
Rights Free Production
"It's all you."
MORPH! Prod. Gp.
LGB, CA 92652-0054 (USA)

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 01-07-2004).]

#3089 - 01/07/04 03:08 PM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
benthepianoboy Offline

Thanks Morph- thats a BIG compliment-!!!

You're right about the mastering... Guess what...? It hasnt been mastered yet. We're having one of the big name guys in Sacramento master it for us (I cant rememeber his name!!!!?) We're still doing tracking for a couple songs. We're actually looking for a "Chef" right now. We also need a manager.... we're starting to book shows like crazy and are trying to arrange a small CA tour pretty soon- so if you know anyone LET ME KNOW! We need all the help we can get- If you ever come up to Sacramento look us up.... We have a multi-media live show with Dancers, etc and video projection- we also have our own Venue called World2 which is a performance art/Willy Wonka Warehhouse where we put on shows all the time.
Thanks!

(ps- what do you mean about Soundclick being a parasite? I;ve been directing people over there so I can keep track of our downloads from my work (Steinway Hall sacramento).. We also have our Mp3's posted at OUR own site ... www.killingbuddha.com
under gallery.)

#3090 - 01/13/04 06:19 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
Hi Back under my original username Send me some mail Ben
wav@cox.net
I'd like to talk some more.
MORPH!

#3091 - 01/17/04 08:09 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry man, just can not get into it. Very good perfromance, but it's just not my type of music. Sorry.

#3092 - 01/17/04 09:29 AM Re: OT- wanna listen to some good music?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, I'd love to check out the music, but the color contrast of your website is way too funky for my eyes (I have retinal detouchment). Any chance you can provide direct link to the song, so I can click on it and hear it, instead of going to your website where it is impossible for me to navigate...
thanks
-ED-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online