SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#305930 - 03/26/01 02:23 PM Where can I find or how can I make?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I'm interested in some rhythm loops that I can't explain very well. You here this kind of stuff in the background of folk music hybrids. It's usually a very filtered sound, and is playing in back of a real kit or suchlike. Usually, really organic sounding, etc. I don't know if anybody has a clue what I'm after, because I don't really even know how to accurately describe it. Please help if you can make sense of this.

#305931 - 08/10/01 07:10 AM Re: Where can I find or how can I make?
DJSoniQ Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Are you after a bodrahn or "didgeridoo" type effect?? If so, I may have some stuff for you.

#305932 - 08/10/01 08:30 AM Re: Where can I find or how can I make?
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Not really. I have started learning about lo-fi loops. This is more the sound I was after, though I still don't know yet how to get what I'm hearing. Thanks for the effort though. I'd totally forgotten about this thread.
Never know though, my needs tend to vary quite a bit. Now I'm starting to get an interest in African percussion and other cultural sounds. I'm going to get an XV5080 soon, which has a sample player in it. Boy, am I going to have fun with that.

#305933 - 08/31/01 11:06 PM Re: Where can I find or how can I make?
djboomstick Offline

Loc: newyork
if you want lo-fi you have to use crappy gear go get a really bad microphone something used and dented and really cheep. i bet someone has one thell give you just to get rid of it. wrap the mic in a towel or other cloth

record to some old used cassette tape first then sample off that. make sure not to use good mic placement or a good tape

if thats not lo-fi enuff try getting some extra noize in the background like a radio not tuned to any station.

if that makes it to lo-fi run the recording thru a noize gate when you sample it to get some punch back

have fun

#305934 - 09/06/01 12:19 PM Re: Where can I find or how can I make?
darique Offline

Loc: Ogden, Utah
www.quparts.com best and oldest digital sound library producers in the business....

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online