SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304581 - 10/25/06 09:11 AM Tyros2.net
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What happened over at Tyros2.net? Kenneth Gundersen says he's closing down the site because Yamaha did not participate. Why should they when they already sponsor the ArrangerWorkstation.com site. Also, he states that the site was fully funded by himself, but I saw 10's of credits to VIP members who contributed money to the site for membership. Did he leave all those VIP members out in the cold? Whose got the scoop?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#304582 - 10/27/06 10:33 PM Re: Tyros2.net
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Good question!
Kenneth seems to have given up. For some (strange) reason he expects support from Yamaha to continue running the site (he has even begged for a Tyros2 some monthes ago).
App. a year ago he started a Yamaha site like many (app. 100) persons have done during the last years. Does he expect Yahama to support all those sites? The most of them have been around much, much longer than his.
Did he start his site just for the money? And when he doesn't get as much money as he expects he just closes the site. To my opinion a strange attitude.

Jørgen
PS: I do NOT get support to my site from Yamaha. And I do not NOT expect it either. My web site is my hobby, not my living...

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#304583 - 10/28/06 05:02 AM Re: Tyros2.net
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Jorgen,

I know what you mean. His business model was really strange; almost like a money making enterprise instead of a free site for the purpose of enjoying and learning the Tyros2. Then he really started adding premium content and asking people to be VIP members to gain access to it.

Jorgen you do such a great job with your web site and the software you develop. It's apparent how much of yourself you give to the project and the site.

Keep up the great work, it is very much appreciated!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online