SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#304385 - 05/25/06 11:13 AM Psr 3000 music stand-is this the worst ever?
jenfisher Offline

Loc: UK
Sorry if thia subject has been raised before but I have only recently purchased my psr 3000 and am new to this forum. I am a gigging semi-pro and keep my music and lyrics in hard covered two ring binders. The psr3000 music stand appears to be completely incapable of holding anything but the most flimsy of folders. Last night my stand suddenly fell to the floor in the middle of the last waltz! If I had had a usb device (memory stick etc) plugged in I am sure that it would have been snapped off. I think the stand is extemely poorly designed-it slots in a groove but there is no way of fixing it securely Any upward motion immediately dislodges it. Does anyone else have similar problems? Any chance that it could be redesigned by Yamaha?

#304386 - 05/25/06 03:27 PM Re: Psr 3000 music stand-is this the worst ever?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I had this problem with a Technics.
I purchase a solid metal music stand and placed it behind the keyboard.
It was another piece of equipment to carry but it worked well.
For my PSR3000 I have folders that hold up to only 20 songs.

Cousin Ken

#304387 - 05/25/06 08:35 PM Re: Psr 3000 music stand-is this the worst ever?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
jenfisher. Yes, this has been complained about before, 3K having poor music stand. Also the music stand slot is very near the rear casing edge which can crack away damaging the back of the case.

Apart from a 3K I also have a Korg PA50 (half price of 3K)which construction wise is much better including the music stand.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 05-25-2006).]

#304388 - 05/26/06 07:20 PM Re: Psr 3000 music stand-is this the worst ever?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
If you are handy, or know someone who can help you out, there is a nice idea to help solve the problem posted here:
http://psrtutorial.com/Resources/Articles/musicrack.html

Tom G.

#304389 - 05/26/06 10:04 PM Re: Psr 3000 music stand-is this the worst ever?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I had this problem with my PSR2000. I didn't use my PSR3000 enough to know if it fell out, but will agree that sure is one damn ugly toylike piece of _____.

What I did use was some stuff you can get at Home Depot or even WalMart. I think it's called Sticky Tak or something like that. It's kind of a gummy material that you can use to post things on the wall like posters or whatever. I've seen it in blue and in yellow.

I can't take credit for the idea. Someone from England on the Yamaha psr styles forum
on yahoo told me about it a few years ago. It worked.

Best
Scott Langholff http://ScottLMusic.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online