SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303340 - 06/22/07 05:47 AM Another question/concern...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Can you assign specific functions to the 7 note foot controller, or are they already assigned? If there are no choices, that's going to be a real problem for me. Can you use a midi pedal to get more flexibility?

After years of using a Ketron 13 note pedal and being able to assign whatever functions I want to it, this is the problem area I see with the G 70 for me.

This may be enough to make the G 70, or any Roland not usable for performance in my case.

R.

#303341 - 06/22/07 06:56 AM Re: Another question/concern...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
fully assignable

#303342 - 06/22/07 10:04 AM Re: Another question/concern...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Russ the G70 is more advanced than any other hardware keyboard you own..In fact you can leave all the other stuff at home, and just carry the G70..There are no short comings to just using the G70..

Setting up User programs and getting use to it is all you have to take care of....

#303343 - 06/22/07 11:18 AM Re: Another question/concern...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Russ,
I just received the FC 7 foot pedal that Fran was kind enough to let me have and i have hooked it up and it is just grand. It comes with 7 defaults that are very intuitive however there are maybe 50 assignments you can make so it covers it all. I played it last night for awhile and i was pleased with it. Go to page 75 in the manual that is on line or in your hand
Thanks Fran.
Bebop

#303344 - 06/26/07 08:30 AM Re: Another question/concern...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Your only problem with the FC-7 and the G70/E80 OS is that FC-7 assignments are global, NOT per UPG. So you really have to think about HOW you want to use it in general, not specifically for one song.

I would MUCH prefer to be able to program it the way I need for each song individually, but so far, no go....

I also worry a lot about putting potentially show-stopping controls at my feet (stop/start, break/mute, accel/rit, etc.), where an inadvertent press could bring a song to it's knees. So I have streamlined my use of it (and cut down on pedal clutter) by using it like this (L to R):

Var 1
Var 2
Var 3
Var 4 (with auto-fill usually ON)
Sustain Lower
Sustain Upper
Leslie Fast/Slow

So the FC-7 is the only thing I need carry (other than an Expression pedal). I have to add I do about half our show using LH bass, so this set up really helps me avoid using my LH to press much during the song, but if you are a more standard arranger user, other layouts may work better for you....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online