What do you think about this? Please comment this:
Contac't me private at email@example.com
1. Some kind of support from Roland to make program for making compatible user programs from old G series. I think this is the most important to all upgraded G800/1000 to VA7/76.
2. Saving user scales into MA and user programs, not like 3 user memories, because (I need, hope you too) many of songs I have played are different scales, Arabic from C to B major and minor scales, than some detuned scales for Greek music, some kind of trumpet detuned scales for natural sound of trumpets etcÖ I have made some trick for playing scales with second tone added to right hand using midi cable from midi out to midi in and in that way I have done scales with third tone added which can be different sound too using different midi settings too. But now without saving user scales into user programs I canít do this. If it possible, now with the new feature for saving MIDI settings within user programs will be more flexible making scales with third tone.
3. Implementing of FILL to PREVIOUS (I know that canít update with new button) but it can be done with software update for FC-7 programmable foot pedal or even D-Beam, ribbon control or pad buttons
4. I mast say that VAís sound is the best I ever hear (for arrangers only), new sounds are great, but still some differences in old banks like thin SFZ Brass, why 3000 sounds when 1500 are the same but in different banks??? Yes I know it is for compatibility with old styles, but why Roland wonít change all same sounds with another in newer version?
5. Vary Phrase is good but not usefully like real time vocal harmonizer or sampler like Yamaha PSR 8000/9000 pro. Maybe for studio but I donít need this machine for studio, id is for live gigs.
6. SECOND DRUM TRACK FOR ARRANGER PART OR AT LEAST 1 USER DRUM SET and I will forget midi files
7. More real time layers (G1000 have UP3) because it is not enough playing two sounds for one arrangement. Here is ONE TOUCH too but seems to have some bugs there because I have tried to set different octaves, different amount of delay, reverb, chorus and volume levels but they canít be saved with OT settings.
8. Please make some onscreen controls for variations instead of pressing button to see what I have played at the moment.
9. Big mistake is placement of PAD buttons extremely right side. I have troubles sometimes, because they are to far from my hands and I need them faster. Hope like G1000 in next VA version.
10. Tempo/dial is now OK, closer and better organized.
11. Disadvantage (for me) is changing tones from other banks (CC32), because you have to press TONE button, than on-screen BANK than preset. Maybe some combination of pressing TONE button one, two, three or for times for changing banks. I mast say that VA is better with changing tones in one bank, because I donít have to pres first number of bank if following tone is in the same bank.
12. Better placement of LOWER1/2, MBASS, MDRUMS (left side) and UP1/2 closer to right hand. (HOPE with VA next). LOWER and MBASS are for left hands and more useful at left side
13. Why canít link 6th midi channel to real time layer like G1000. Why only one? This is the biggest disadvantage for me, because I have programmed my midi files with real time layers, changing tones, EFX from midi files using SysEx messages, CC and PC commands for my old G1000 and they are unusable or I need too much time to reprogram about 100 midi files, or making MA settings. MA is great option too.
14. Is this bug? BANK A button is light, but when I press another tone from A bank, B is changed, or maybe I canít find relationship whatís going on?
15. Why LOAD for midi files. Canít IDE ZIP DRIVE play direct from disk? Or maybe PLAY with LOAD function implemented.
16. Better solution to change from SONG to ARRANGER mode. The same with previous G800/1000
17. Writing user programs is better than G800/1000
18. Why VA change octaves when playing in whole and split mode and why piano mode disables UP2?
19. Need CANCEL option for EQ settings.
20. I think that is not god idea that REAL buttons can be replaced with some kind of touch screen button. Even after one year playing my VA76 I canít feel when I have pressed correct button under my fingers. I am not sure when I have pressed some soft touch button. My next step is to see am I pressed soft touch button or not.
21. Sorry for my English and I am tired now.
PLEASE COLLESCT YOURSELF LIST OF YOUR WISHES AND WE WILL TRY TO GET BETTER NEXT VA OR ROLAND CAN BE REPLACED WITH DIFFERENT ARRANGER TYPE LIKE YAMHA, KETRON, WERSI ETCÖ
BELEVE ME, I AM ROLND-MANIAC, LOTOF MY FRIENDS IN MACEDONIA, SERBIA AND THE OTHER EX-YUGOSLAV REPUBLICS TOO, BUT NOT FOR ANY PRICE.
Bobi & KOMPAS band
Roaland G1000 owner
Bobi & KOMPAS band
KORG PA2X Pro owner