Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#301871 - 12/28/10 01:27 PM Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Dnj Offline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slNVkQ4Ll7g

Nice job James on this pretty song..
I never saw this one...
sounds really good. Were the vocals done thru the KB also?

here are a few done on the Groove 7...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxpHusol6c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcotpheYc8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYfGlzEv7U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2010).]

#301872 - 12/28/10 02:22 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slNVkQ4Ll7g

Nice job James on this pretty song..
I never saw this one...
sounds really good. Were the vocals done thru the KB also?

here are a few done on the Groove 7...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VxpHusol6c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcotpheYc8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYfGlzEv7U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2010).]

Donny,

This one James did months back, the other three, well I don't rate them, only James has ever produced a good video like this but this was his first and last, unless you know different, that's my problem, we need to see many more, you can't expect James to keep churning them out, there must be others who have MS that can post some snippets. The sound quality on the other three is tosh! Have you got a MS Donny?

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-28-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301873 - 12/28/10 02:27 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Donny,

This one that James did months back, the other three, well I don't rate them, ther eis only james has ever produced a good video like this but this was his first and last, unless you know different, that my problem, we need to see many more, you can't expect james to keep churning them out, there must be others who have MS that can post some snippets. The sound quality on the other three is tosh! Have you got a MS Donny?
I agree Tony.....I don't have a MS at this time although my best buddy Fran has a Mediastation in his studio that I have played before. But Now he has installed the new OS & I look forward to playing it again very soon....a major snowstorm dumping 40" 2 days ago has put a damper and traveling around...but I will seriously checking it out again very soon, Groove 61/76 it's so much more then an arranger KB.

#301874 - 12/28/10 02:52 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Who is foolin' who?
His hands show something completely different than what we hear

I think he isn't actually recording/using a style at all but 'playbacking'.

Again disappointing (:-((

#301875 - 12/28/10 03:34 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
KLA4 i dont think James meant to give the impression that these were styles from the Ms. Its clearly a sequenced track. I dont know if english is your 1st langauge but at the beginining of the clip he explains that its just a performance for us to hear the keyboard.

#301876 - 12/28/10 05:04 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Kla4
If you make assumptions and your disappointed, then you can't blame me. If you have any questions about the keyboard or the performance please do ask. I will be totally straight up with you and everyone else.

Just so there's perfect clarity here, the demonstration is a performance by me working as a workstation user works. Meaning, everything you hear except what I'm playing in the video has been sequenced earlier. So I am playing over my sequenced data during the performance live.

This is NOT a demonstration of Style playback or any Arranger type functions at all. This is the keyboard operating purely as a Workstation.

This is exactly how workstation users work, and so it's an extremely good example of the keyboard in a real multi track working situation.

Kind Regards
James

#301877 - 12/28/10 05:10 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Hi Donny.

Quote:
Were the vocals done thru the KB also?

No, sadly my Mediastation doesn't have the Mic Board option installed at all. My vocals are recorded externally on a Tascam SX-1.

Here's a photo of it sitting in my Stuido. Sorry, don't have a better shot than this.

Regards
James

#301878 - 12/28/10 05:17 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Dnj Offline

James WOW!!! awesome board!!
Thank you for the reply...man you can do some really creative recordings for sure with a rig like that..looks great!

#301879 - 12/28/10 08:41 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
Who is foolin' who?
His hands show something completely different than what we hear

I think he isn't actually recording/using a style at all but 'playbacking'.

Again disappointing (:-((

Are you saying that it is hard work to make the MS sound good? Is that why there is no one out there prepared to play in front of a camera and give the MS hell!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301880 - 12/28/10 08:50 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Donny.

No, sadly my Mediastation doesn't have the Mic Board option installed at all. My vocals are recorded externally on a Tascam SX-1.

Here's a photo of it sitting in my Stuido. Sorry, don't have a better shot than this.

Regards
James

James,

Have you been 3D modelling again, its good but I can see the join.

#301881 - 12/29/10 01:28 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
kla4 Offline

James,
Perhaps it's my bad english but in the video you clearly say :
"We do a performance this time and sing as well...."
"Just to let you hear the keyboard"
"I'm gonna record the keyboard ...."

It would have been more honest telling:
"I sing with pre-recorded music, my hands move and touch the keyboard but produce no music at all"

This is what we call 'total clarity' in the Netherlands

Many many members did ask for open demos of this machine for many years..... not a single good one has been produced yet.

#301882 - 12/29/10 01:33 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
James,
Perhaps it's my bad english but in the video you clearly say :
"We do a performance this time and sing as well...."
"Just to let you hear the keyboard"
"I'm gonna record the keyboard ...."

It would have been more honest telling:
"I sing with pre-recorded music, my hands move and touch the keyboard but produce no music at all"

This is what we call 'total clarity' in the Netherlands

Many many members did ask for open demos of this machine for many years..... not a single good one has been produced yet.

Yep its sure is your bad English...what a silly, and derogatory post.

An apology would be in order I would say.

James has already stated he played - read PLAYED- the keyboard parts over pre-recorded backing.

You are saying he even faked playing the keyboard!!!

Not very nice, especially as it is untrue.

#301883 - 12/29/10 01:50 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Yep its sure is your bad English...what a silly, and derogatory post.

An apology would be in order I would say.

James has already stated he played - read PLAYED- the keyboard parts over pre-recorded backing.

You are saying he even faked playing the keyboard!!!

Not very nice, especially as it is untrue.

Dennis,

I've listened to James on this piece and at first he say he has recorded and then stops and says he is recording, sound on one and two and then voice on three, I can't see or hear anything that says he is not playing that MS fully, I don't understand whats going on. I do agree with KLA4 that no one has produced a decent video of the MS but that's no reason to have a pop at James after all anything he does is for all our benefit.

Tony

#301884 - 12/29/10 02:04 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Tony...
I suggest you to waiting the coming soon Audya Pro...
I think that the MS-Groove workstation will not suit what you are looking for.
Regards

#301885 - 12/29/10 04:48 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tony.

Dennis’s reply is in relation to my post in where I clearly explain how the song is performed.

Go read it what I said. I can’t make it any clearer than that.

Regards
James

#301886 - 12/29/10 05:00 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Hi kla4

I’ve taken the time of actually explaining it to you in my post, but clearly you haven’t even read what I’ve said.

I cannot make it any more obvious.

1: I recorded the song track by track prior to recording the video.
2: Then during the video I play back my multi track recording and I play over it with one more track Live.

This is how every workstation user in the world make music.

Regards
James.

#301887 - 12/29/10 05:49 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
kla4 Offline

James,
Sure I know exactly what you did- & did NOT do.
The 'problem' is : In the video you tell a different story!

For this there is only one to 'blame' ;-))

#301888 - 12/29/10 06:45 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Quote:
Dennis,

I've listened to James on this piece and at first he say he has recorded and then stops and says he is recording, sound on one and two and then voice on three, I can't see or hear anything that says he is not playing that MS fully, I don't understand whats going on. I do agree with KLA4 that no one has produced a decent video of the MS but that's no reason to have a pop at James after all anything he does is for all our benefit.

Tony

Tony you might want to re-read the thread to see exactly what I am referring to

I am actually defending James, so maybe you should cool your heels a bit hey?

Dennis

#301889 - 12/29/10 07:51 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
spalding1968 Offline

just let it go fellas. Its not like the Mediastation is a genuine arranger anyone here is ever going to use any time soon anyway.

#301890 - 12/29/10 08:01 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
just let it go fellas. Its not like the Mediastation is a genuine arranger anyone here is ever going to use any time soon anyway.

why say that so negatively?....Liontracs makes very good units...maybe its the players that cannot grasp the concept and have the talent to operate it. It DOES have arranger features and so much more.

#301891 - 12/29/10 08:16 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony you might want to re-read the thread to see exactly what I am referring to

I am actually defending James, so maybe you should cool your heels a bit hey?

Dennis

Dennis,

OK.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-29-2010).]

#301892 - 12/29/10 09:21 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Quote:
Dennis,

OK.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 12-29-2010).]

Sweet..np

#301893 - 12/29/10 10:56 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James...I really enjoyed your performance.

OK...here is my take...IF you are as talented as James....(a lot of you here are) then you really may not nead an arranger at all. Even though it can still be great and especially for live play in a audience 'request' mode. Certinly not needed in a studio environment.

Me, I need an arranger because I am not that musically talented...it helps me sound decent and sometimes professional even though I am not. As long as the style I need is available

Can't carry a tune...so singing is out..which means any keyboard I have MUST have top notch very realistic sounds.

So that's where some of my dissappointment comes in. The T2 was nice but some sounds had problems, the Korg PA2XPRO is good, but again some sounds have issues. These problems I speak about can ruin a performance the way I PLAY!

So, I will spend lots of time checking out the T4 AND the new PA3XPRO...IF either one satisfies my need for the quality sound...I will buy. If not I will wait longer.

The mediasation IS NOT AN OPTION for me. I currently do not consider it an arranger keyboard. If that changes...I will look at it. IMHO the only way it will change is if DOM licences the right for the Yamaha style playing like Wersi did. It must work perfect and it must support a FULL XG amd Meha sound set that sounds great with Yamaha styles. He was on the right track with Live-Styler, but fell off.
Lee S.

#301894 - 12/30/10 05:27 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I own a Mediastation. I'm very happy with it. It's the BRAIN that controls all my "arrangers". I can do many things with it like surf the web, play along with videos and Mp3, play many Vsti from all the keyboards and do everything else you can imagine it is posible to do with any computer. But it's NOT an arranger. The Psr s900 and Pa500 are the HEART of my set up. Period.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#301895 - 12/31/10 07:10 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
spalding1968 Offline

Quote:

why say that so negatively?....Liontracs makes very good units...maybe its the players that cannot grasp the concept and have the talent to operate it. It DOES have arranger features and so much more.

It wasnt a negative comment donny. It was a factual one. The MS is agreat workstation at least as far as it has been demonstrated . Can the same be said for its arranger features ? Not even James will say that. Lets not kid each other. The MS has arranger features yes but it is not an instrument that 99% of arranger users could use or would be willing to put in the serious man hours to use. The demos that i have heard even by james only indicates that the instrument can sound as good as what is already currently available but you still have to do all the work to achieve even that. No disrespect but the MS is boxing outside its weight when it enters the arranger ring and it doesnt compete well for sure compared to even middle line arrangers in terms of ease of use and features.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 12-31-2010).]

#301896 - 12/31/10 09:14 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:

It wasnt a negative comment donny. It was a factual one. The MS is agreat workstation at least as far as it has been demonstrated . Can the same be said for its arranger features ? Not even James will say that. Lets not kid each other. The MS has arranger features yes but it is not an instrument that 99% of arranger users could use or would be willing to put in the serious man hours to use. The demos that i have heard even by james only indicates that the instrument can sound as good as what is already currently available but you still have to do all the work to achieve even that. No disrespect but the MS is boxing outside its weight when it enters the arranger ring and it doesnt compete well for sure compared to even middle line arrangers in terms of ease of use and features.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 12-31-2010).]

Spalding,

I agree with you, but what demonstrations are you talking about, post me some links if you have seen any good ones, or one!

#301897 - 12/31/10 09:55 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
but what demonstrations are you talking about, post me some links if you have seen any good ones, or one!

Hi Tony.
I've posted 3 video's showing how the arranger operates. Surly from that you can get some sort of idea of what it works like as a Arranger and how it sounds with the default bank of sounds that come with the keyboard.

Arranger Introduction http://www.youtube.com/irishacts#p/u/8/UzE4acDql0s

Arranger, optimising a Style. http://www.youtube.com/irishacts#p/u/4/uKlI3NDqrHA

Arranger with external sound module. http://www.youtube.com/irishacts#p/u/3/l2buudc9DOo

Bearing all that in mind and how long it took me to optimise a style. There's nothing stopping me from doing that to a collection of styles in order to make a “Best Of” bank.

So as you can see, it does indeed function as an arranger. The problem is Live Arranger doesn’t offer everything an Arranger user wants, and how it's implemented is not exactly ideal. None of which has anything to do with Lionstracs.

However... it will very soon as under OS 5.0 a new version of Qranger will be released and as this will be the main arranger program going forward, lets stick a pin in all this until then. If it works and offers everything an arranger user could want, then there's nothing stopping it from being just as good a Arranger as it is a Workstation right now.

All you need is the content preloaded, or someone to do the work for you,...or you learn how to do it yourself

Regards
James

#301898 - 12/31/10 10:09 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
The MS has arranger features yes but it is not an instrument that 99% of arranger users could use or would be willing to put in the serious man hours to use.

Lets jump ahead for a moment and make 2 very big assumptions.

1: If in the future it comes preloaded with Styles optimised for instant use out of the box.

2: If when OS 5.0 is released, Qranger offers full arranger functions.

Then... It could easily become as good an arranger as it already is a workstation and it should appeal to users of all levels.

OS 5.0 is on the way so lets wait and see on that one. As for ready made styles... I have a solution to that, but I have yet to decide if it's worth the effort.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-31-2010).]

#301899 - 12/31/10 10:35 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Yes I agree with James here.

If the MS could have offered the "accepted standard" operations of an arranger - slash chord recognition, jazz chord recognition - break fills - then I certainly would have kept mine.

I would have then taken the time to fully learn the Q-ranger system and created my own audio styles. As it happened it did not, so I pursued the options of 3rd party arranger engines. And as I have described a few times in this place, THAT was a total waste of time money and energy!!

If indeed, these core (as I would consider them) functions of arranger are added to ANY future operating system, I would definitely re-purchase the MS, not in the keyboard form, as I am happy with my PA2xPro, but certainly the rack version. IF, Domenico ever gets it finished and fully operational

Indeed, I still have ALL my MS instruments, Giga files and other data safely stored away, JUST in case that day ever happens

As I have stated many MANY times before, the W/S aspects of the MS are brilliant, and I DO miss the rest of this wonderful musical instrument.

I do NOT miss the arranger!!

Dennis

#301900 - 12/31/10 12:09 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

Quote:

well said. I agree totally with that. The MS may or may not be what someone is looking for, but sure as hell is a work of art because if you are crazy enough and you have enough time ,you can do things that no other keyboard can do. I have not bought one simply because at the moment I wanted an arranger workstation. I just bought a Tyros 2 about a week ago, which I love because it's instantly gratifying, but let me say it, if I had more time and more money, I would have preferred the MS.....this is a perfect cross between a computer and a keyboard workstation, and the best part is, it's not a computer with that Windows crap on it, it's a keyboard where if you have the balls to make it work, can do whatever you want it to do. So yeah, in that case I agree about the lack of skill of people who don't appreciate good products like these.

BTW, I am just waiting to see the new Q-ranger. If ever the MS will be an arranger as fast to work with as a Yamaha, it will blow all the Yamahas out of the water. I just need to compare the ridicolous 'sampler' on the Tyros, which can only read wav files and map out 8 zones, with the possibilities that the MS ,instead , offers. The area in which the Tyros, at the moment, wins, is that it does what I want it to do straight out of the box: the sounds are excellent, for the most part, the arranger works like a dream (i.e. recognizes exactly any chord I play, which for me is very important) and the sequencer is very easy to use, although very basic and in fact, too basic, i.e. there's no piano roll and multi-level undo. I am sure that the MS , in all the areas except 'open the box and play', blows the Tyros out of the water, including probably the future ones.

The way I see it, the MS is a multi-faceted dream workstation with LOADS of potential.

But yes the sounds are a bit dated. Frankly, I was never impressed by Gigapiano. I remember a few sounds for Gigasampler which were terrific , like Peter Ewer's 'Symphonic Organ' or Gigaharp, but Yamaha, I have to say, managed to pull it off in the sounds department with the Tyros 2. I would never buy a new Tyros, though, it's simply too closed-ended for that kind of money. For that money, I would want an MS, a keyboard that you can expand with sounds for years to come.

I really think the MS is a glimpse of the future. All it needs is a batch of killer sounds and an arranger that works as well as Yamaha makes them. Which is no easy task by all means, but I really cheer for Liontracs on this one. As a composer I don't want to rely on computers too much and I want a keyboard workstation that is the perfect transition between an arranger, a computer, and a synth workstation. Then I will even sleep on it.

#301901 - 01/01/11 02:36 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
spalding1968 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Lets jump ahead for a moment and make 2 very big assumptions.

1: If in the future it comes preloaded with Styles optimised for instant use out of the box.

2: If when OS 5.0 is released, Qranger offers full arranger functions.

Then... It could easily become as good an arranger as it already is a workstation and it should appeal to users of all levels.

OS 5.0 is on the way so lets wait and see on that one. As for ready made styles... I have a solution to that, but I have yet to decide if it's worth the effort.

Regards
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-31-2010).]

i think those are two very big assumptions James although i wouild be more confident if you were formally involved in the project and not just contributing when you can.

However there is a third and probably more important assumption and that is that both the preloaded styles are well programmed (not like the junk that came on the MS previously when Dom blatantly sold it with pirated styles as the mother of all arrangers) and Qranger integrates seamlessly with the hardware or the operational manual is so well written you dont need to be a scientist to configure the board the way you want it to do what you want it to do.

WE have been here with the MS many many times before so forgive me if i have great reservations.

we had the same points or similar raised every year since 2002 . You were involved in the discussion yourself in 2009 and here we are again as regular as clockwork talking about the potential of the MS as an arranger.

I am not saying it cant happen but i am being honest (not negative) when i say that i will have to see it and hear it and probably play it before i believe it.

#301902 - 01/01/11 04:53 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I am impressed with any workstation that can also provide arranger abilities even if you do have to work at it yourself. As far as I know it is one of the only workstations available that offers this capability. Neither Roland, Korg or Yamaha offer a workstation that can also double as an arranger. I am not sure why they can't .... but they don't.

I use a Yamaha Motif which is a capable keyboard but it really sucks that it can't provide even simple arranger functions.

Don't be so critical of the MS unless you can cite the case of another workstation that provides better arranger capability.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301903 - 01/01/11 05:52 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

If the MS could have offered the "accepted standard" operations of an arranger - slash chord recognition, jazz chord recognition - break fills - then I certainly would have kept mine.

Dennis

Dennis Gotya,

You got rid of it!

If it's not good enough for Dennis it's not good enough for me and £4500 is a lot of £, $ or Euros. From what Splading is now intimating, I'm out! I don't know about the history of the MS but is history repeating itself. The only way to develop a product is have people buy it in good numbers, get them to keep it and tell the World how good it is! Is this is what's happening, don't look like it, and according to Spalding it's not even early days with the product. Why I bother to explain this to you I don't know, I'm not getting one, Spalding has totally convinced me now without doubt and Dennis dumping his has topped it all off. Even DonM still as his Audya, Happy New Year Don.

#301904 - 01/01/11 06:29 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song

Quote:
Dennis Gotya,

You got rid of it!

If it's not good enough for Dennis it's not good enough for me and £4500 is a lot of £......

then if it's not what you want, don't buy it and stop bitching about it all and slagging people off, you people make it sounding as if Liontracs is stealing your money, which is ridicolous: you all spend £ 3500 on a Tyros 4 (or Audya 5 etc) and jump with joy like fools for one year, then Yamaha (or Ketron, etc) release a model that is either underdeveloped compared to the previous one (i.e. the upgrade isn't worth that money), or either they release a model that's entirely unrelated to the previous one and way more powerful.

The Liontracs is a true OPEN ENDED KEYBOARD, a true EXPANDABLE instrument, which won't became dated and obsolete within two to three years like the Tyros or the Audya!

For the record I really don't care if people 'buy it in good numbers', that's just like saying that you have no mind of your own and are incapable to choose for yourself and you need to follow the crowd like a good sheep.

Or ,worse, just talking and sitting around and talk out of the ass, like that guy from Netherlands, who seems to believe that the world should work according to his own expectations.

Grow up, people.

#301905 - 01/01/11 07:00 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:
then if it's not what you want, don't buy it and stop bitching about it all and slagging people off, you people make it sounding as if Liontracs is stealing your money,

I have never said or done any such thing!!

Please do not make "broad-brush" generalised statements such as this. In all my comments re the MS, I have only EVER criticized (justifiable too imho) the arranger functions as being inadequate, and the user interaction and functionality as lacking.

As an open work-station sampler it has no peer. The only comparable keyboard in my view is the Oasys.

Economic practicalities were the ONLY reason that made it impossible for me to keep it and the PA2x.

Dennis

#301906 - 01/01/11 07:19 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Hi spalding.

Quote:
i think those are two very big assumptions James although i wouild be more confident if you were formally involved in the project and not just contributing when you can.

If things go to plan regarding a completely different opportunity presented to Lionstracs, my work might on something else could very well make it's way into all existing Lionstracs products.

So while I am making some very big assumptions, I've already got the upper hand here and the work I have already been doing puts me already far ahead of the game and in an excellent position.

I've been a very little busy bee

Quote:
However there is a third and probably more important assumption and that is that both the preloaded styles are well programmed (not like the junk that came on the MS previously when Dom blatantly sold it with pirated styles as the mother of all arrangers) and Qranger integrates seamlessly with the hardware or the operational manual is so well written you dont need to be a scientist to configure the board the way you want it to do what you want it to do.

Here's another assumption then.... Picture this..... A Yamaha QY 700 used to write styles. Connected to that is a KORG OASYS, one of the best sounding workstations on the face of the planet. The OASYS playing back the styles from the QY700, and it's own internal full digital re-sampling functions converting the style playing back into a wave file. Those wave files then running on the Meidastation as Audio Styles.

That's a very real option that is available to me right now..!!!! How do you think a Tyros 4 will compare to a KORG OASYS?. Hmmm.... interesting idea.

Quote:
WE have been here with the MS many many times before so forgive me if i have great reservations.
we had the same points or similar raised every year since 2002 . You were involved in the discussion yourself in 2009 and here we are again as regular as clockwork talking about the potential of the MS as an arranger.

Totally agree, but during that time the Mediastation has become the Ultimate flawless Workstation. So it's not like there was no development taking place. Assuming the new Qranger comes with the ability to be all that an arranger user needs, the only part missing is the content and someone to do the work.

Quote:
I am not saying it cant happen but i am being honest (not negative) when i say that i will have to see it and hear it and probably play it before i believe it.

I totally understand, but lets not forget all that history as we watched it grow into what is now the ultimate workstation. I say stick a pin in the arranger side of things and lets wait for OS 5.0. Everything else is already in place and there's quite a lot of development work going on elsewhere that could be of massive benefit if things pan out as hoped.

If not... it's still a fantastic workstation and it does already offer arranger functions advanced users can take advantage of to a certain point.

Regards
James

#301907 - 01/01/11 07:30 AM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/informat...4f7bf8f409712cb

http://www.midimel.com/

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301908 - 01/01/11 01:59 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song

Quote:
I have never said or done any such thing!!

Please do not make "broad-brush" generalised statements such as this. In all my comments re the MS, I have only EVER criticized (justifiable too imho) the arranger functions as being inadequate, and the user interaction and functionality as lacking.

As an open work-station sampler it has no peer. The only comparable keyboard in my view is the Oasys.

Economic practicalities were the ONLY reason that made it impossible for me to keep it and the PA2x.

Dennis

was I replying to you? No. Is your name Tony Hughes? Look up my reply again, I was replying to Tony Hughes. Nothing to do with you. What generalized comments? You didn't understand any of what I wrote.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 01-01-2011).]

#301909 - 01/01/11 03:07 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

I think your term "you people" coming immediately after both Tony's post and my post, with NO qualification, says it pretty clearly don't you?

If you have a gripe with a person (singular) then you must be specific and direct your comments to that one person.

Other wise terms like "you people" will always be taken to mean everyone!

#301910 - 01/01/11 03:10 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
miden Offline

And no, inserting the quote does not mitigate the comment.

Always remember in written communication one DOES need to be more specific, otherwise misunderstandings happen.

The same qualifications are usually not necessary in "face to face" communication.

#301911 - 01/01/11 03:18 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi James,
may I ask, the clip called

Liontracs 03 - a piano peformance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmoP-BFA8gA&feature=related

is this a piece of music composed by yourself ?? if not , what is it, it's abosuletly beautiful..

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#301912 - 01/01/11 05:00 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
Irishacts Offline

Thank you, glad you like it.

Yes, it's an original tune. I call it "Cainteach" which translated to English means Vocal.

The reason why I call it Vocal is because the original version of it I sequenced uses nothing but the voice of my Wife sampled and warped many times into different sounds.

Here's a link to the original version I sequenced. As I said, the only sound you hear is my wife's voice.
http://www.irishacts.com/leanbh-mo-chroi/Track%2011%20-%20Cainteach.mp3

I also play it live here on a KORG M3 with KARMA. The Piano in the video is only used as a controller, it's not producing the Piano sound, the KORG is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwH7E_fn6c

Cheers
James

#301913 - 01/01/11 09:04 PM Re: Liontracs Mediastation demo song
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi James,
hard to say which version I enjoyed the most.
The vocal version takes me back to the Enya days.
Thank you for sharing

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Irishacts:
[B]Thank you, glad you like it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online