SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#299177 - 11/11/10 06:47 AM Diki is banned?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
It's been some days since Diki's last post here, and no pun intended this doesn't sound like him.

Additionally, in a thread Donny comments about "Diki's response" and Nigel comments about "deleted negative posts" & "banned posters" and although search with username indicates that Diki had a comment in that thread, there is none.

What is the matter?

#299178 - 11/11/10 07:23 AM Re: Diki is banned?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm not sure if he is banned or not...I have sent him a few emails, and he has not replied.

Maybe he's just taking a break.

Ian

#299179 - 11/11/10 09:12 AM Re: Diki is banned?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think Diki is just taking a break from some of the silliness. Been thinking of doing the same. Remember, the market he works in has been disrupted with he spill and assorted other related "fallout" incidents, which make it harder to book work. That's probably something that takes a lot of his time. He may be back in awhile.

Hope so, because he's one of the posters I really enjoy...citric/humorous responses and all!

Russ (Diki fan) Lay

#299180 - 11/11/10 09:28 AM Re: Diki is banned?
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
He's always been polite to me and taken time to give very thoughtful answers. I do too appreciate him and hope all is well.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#299181 - 11/11/10 10:33 AM Re: Diki is banned?
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
if he has been banned then so be it. Nobody gets banned here unless they seriously step out of line.

#299182 - 11/11/10 11:40 AM Re: Diki is banned?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Nobody gets banned here unless they seriously step out of line.

Or even if they do! I'm sorry guys, but I just haven't time for a forum where the members don't know (or don't care) about the difference between banter and spite.

That some of you (and we all know who they are) are incapable of posting defensively without getting personal, and making comments about someone's private business, or childhood, or anything BUT the actual matter in hand while the rest of you stand back and let it go unremarked (funny how some of you seem to don the mantle of 'forum moderator' when you feel like it, but apply no consistency to your positions), well, I'm sorry for you...

When you see someone straying, but say nothing (let's face it - Nigel let's you off on a VERY loose leash), all you are doing is encouraging the behavior to continue. I come here (came here) to talk about arrangers and music, not be analyzed by amateur psychologists and seers. When a factions' positions become so bankrupt, all you have left is taunt and spite, what possible benefit can anyone have bothering to read this rubbish?

Have fun, boys and girls. Just remember... anytime someone brings up a point about arrangers you don't feel you can deal with... make disparaging remarks about the poster's childhood. It's SO much more intelligent than talking about the subject...

#299183 - 11/11/10 12:31 PM Re: Diki is banned?
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
And we often accuse others of what we ourselves are most guilty of!

There is plenty of blame to go around...

I brought this up a month or so ago when I got back from an extended cruise gig. The forum had/has changed and some folks _whom I don't know and never heard of_ were less than cordial.

I think we are all for spirited debate... right? But its just that sometimes some will not leave it at that and must constantly harp on the same BS over and over and over... it gets pretty old fast and is ultimately a non-starter.

Got a question... great! Got an answer from first hand experience... even better!! Want to offer an opinion... fine.
Want to state your opinion over and over and over again and insinuate that others who don't believe as you do are fools, idiots and the like? NOPE. Go start your own BLOG
Want to talk about my/your mama... well that's something else isn't it? LOL and its almost gotten to that point sometimes.

Its also gotten to the point that folks will just stop participating... and I for one think that that is a sad thing.

#299184 - 11/11/10 12:40 PM Re: Diki is banned?
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Oh and just for the record?
I think it would be a shame if folks like Diki, Scott and others who have taught me a lot, didn't come here any more!

Mayyyyyyybe its time for another Synthzone jam?! I missed all the other ones as I was out in Hawaii... its a rough job but someone's got to do it!

#299185 - 11/11/10 12:53 PM Re: Diki is banned?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by TP123:
And we often accuse others of what we ourselves are most guilty of!

There is plenty of blame to go around...

Oh so true, Tom...when one points a finger at someone else, there are three pointing back.

Having said that, I'd hate to see anyone leave SZ.

Ian

#299186 - 11/11/10 01:15 PM Re: Diki is banned?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I guess my question is answered.

I do agree that sometimes the give-take of the comments here raises (or maybe falls) to ridiculous levels, and have tried to point it out.

Diki, I sincerely hope you won't leave this forum, you will be missed. Maybe count to 10 or 100 before thinking it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online