SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#29792 - 08/24/03 09:46 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Loc: Montreal Quebec Canada
Hi Nick and thanks for trying to help me.I have an X1 keyboard and I already tried what you mentionned and it didn't work.I Even tried to switch the cable from comm1 to comm2 and did all the sequence after that .Nil... Could be that the cable itself is badly routed...I wonder if they make this cable with a USB connection .Maybe I wouldn't have this problem .'Anybody knows about that?'. I think that, even though it says that both comm ports are free ,they are occupied.

Well, lots of questions unanswered,lots of solutions ineffective and two weeks later,I'm still stuck with that problem. My technician is on vacation for another week. The cable does not have a guaranty . I don't have the configuration of the routing inside the cable.I've been through lot of misfortune lately so sorry for the complaining but I can't stop thinking that there's something I haven't thought about doing. If you did read upperly ,you now know that there's a bunch of good friends who tried to give me solutions .You're part of them now and I tell you all ''I won't give up until it's settled''. Thank you again !!!

Makes me think as if it was a war game between the ennemy, DR CABLE and little ol' US! LOLLLLL !!! Usually ,the good ones win!!! See ya!
Gino 'The FT cable fighter'!

------------------
It's not because nobody does it that it means it's impossible.TRY IT!!

#29793 - 08/24/03 09:50 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ketronlover:
Hi Nick and thanks for trying to help me.I have an X1 keyboard and I already tried what you mentionned and it didn't work.I Even tried to switch the cable from comm1 to comm2 and did all the sequence after that .Nil... Could be that the cable itself is badly routed...I wonder if they make this cable with a USB connection .Maybe I wouldn't have this problem .'Anybody knows about that?'. I think that, even though it says that both comm ports are free ,they are occupied.

Well, lots of questions unanswered,lots of solutions ineffective and two weeks later,I'm still stuck with that problem. My technician is on vacation for another week. The cable does not have a guaranty . I don't have the configuration of the routing inside the cable.I've been through lot of misfortune lately so sorry for the complaining but I can't stop thinking that there's something I haven't thought about doing. If you did read upperly ,you now know that there's a bunch of good friends who tried to give me solutions .You're part of them now and I tell you all ''I won't give up until it's settled''. Thank you again !!!

Makes me think as if it was a war game between the ennemy, DR CABLE and little ol' US! LOLLLLL !!! Usually ,the good ones win!!! See ya!
Gino 'The FT cable fighter'! Think I should change my User name ? Naaa....!

#29794 - 09/05/03 07:30 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi.I had the same problem ,the only way to resopve it is changing te controller of the mainboard of the instrument,because the first realase of it doesn't works cross pc.
I'm from Italy my email is - marzaroli2@libero.it.
bye

#29795 - 09/05/03 01:47 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by balinferrari:
Hi.I had the same problem ,the only way to resopve it is changing te controller of the mainboard of the instrument,because the first realase of it doesn't works cross pc.
I'm from Italy my email is - marzaroli2@libero.it.
bye

Thanks a lot balinferrari, my friend ! Do you mean that I have to take this one out and put another controler or just by updating : You know ,changing from release 03 to 04 With a diskette ? I am happy to read of you ! Please answer back !

------------------

[This message has been edited by ketronlover (edited 09-05-2003).]

#29796 - 09/08/03 09:05 PM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
What version of Windows are you running? I was told on another forum you can't run the Ketron XFT program with Windows XP.

#29797 - 09/10/03 03:29 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

I have Winfows 98SE.I also have Sound Blaster Live!Value.Could it be that my sound card occupies the free ports without notice? Thank you

#29798 - 09/13/03 05:48 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had to put it away and change it.I think that the newest instuments use the new controller that doesn't give problems,this is the reason why only somebody has this problem..hope you solve your problem, excuse my bad english!

#29799 - 09/13/03 08:55 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
In order to isolate the problem, you can do one of the following:

1. Try someone else's cable.
2. Use another PC with your keyboard
3. Use another keyboard with your PC

If its not a setup problem, then you can figure out the problem this way. The cable can probably be tested with a continuity tester for electric wires.

#29800 - 09/14/03 01:45 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by balinferrari:
I had to put it away and change it.I think that the newest instuments use the new controller that doesn't give problems,this is the reason why only somebody has this problem..hope you solve your problem, excuse my bad english!

It's funny ,but when they sold me the keyboard,the cable was specifically made for the X1,to plug with the FT program. I think i've been had by the reseller.Anyway ,I'll call to see if they can do something about it. Thank you friend!

------------------

#29801 - 09/14/03 01:49 AM Re: Ketron FT Still nothing after many attemps for connecting X1 to Pc!!
ketronlover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nick_h:
In order to isolate the problem, you can do one of the following:

1. Try someone else's cable.
2. Use another PC with your keyboard
3. Use another keyboard with your PC

If its not a setup problem, then you can figure out the problem this way. The cable can probably be tested with a continuity tester for electric wires.

Thanks for the tips.I'll try for sure.Let you know what worked and what didn't.

------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online