Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#297415 - 10/27/10 06:37 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I don't need to mix all of them..I want a simple replace one part of a seq with a part from a style and use the style in real time..

Someone who has had the MIdjay for longer may be able to confirm, but I am pretty sure thats the sort of thing you could do. I don't think it was available on the SD1 series though. Only those products that had MP3/Audio playback...

Might bear some further investigation if thats what you want to be able to do

#297416 - 10/27/10 07:57 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Aj had demonstrated the DRUM REMIX feature in the Audya 5 to do exactly what your asking.

#297417 - 10/27/10 08:10 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Donny I am not asking, Fran is
I was just passing on the small knowledge I remember about the Midjay

#297418 - 10/27/10 08:13 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

This all stemmed from me making the comment about using SMF's and styles together on the G70 as outlined by Diki at the Roland forum.

NOT that I wanted to do it, or indeed do I have any interest whatsoever, nor any need, for a "Drum Remix" option...

#297419 - 10/27/10 08:17 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Dennis I also believe if I remember correctly My Midjay also had the Drum Remix feature as long as it's a compatible BPM range style to match up with the SMf when you mute the drum track on track 10.

#297420 - 10/27/10 10:36 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
have you ever played one?....
I have a few times.

And utterly failed to be even the slightest bit enthusiastic about it as an arranger. You SURE didn't rush out to buy one, did you?

Look, how about acknowledging what the post was about? If Dom had made the MS sound as good as a PA2Xpro or T4 or Audya (or even a bloody G70 ) OOTB, the line would have gone around the block, the city and the world! But he didn't. He left it to his customers to do what every other arranger company trusts to VERY talented and experienced people. And the end result is, NOBODY got it to sound good as an arranger.

Because, to be honest, if you are THAT talented and experienced, you aren't making a living playing arrangers! You make styles FOR MONEY. You make soundsets FOR MONEY. But you don't do it as a personal exercise.

Even you, Donny... (look how you can't even find it in you to edit the T4 styles for your S910. Now imagine that, for an ENTIRE style set )

Dom has a small window. He can either get it RIGHT now, or someone with a better style team and voicing team is going to make one that WORKS, just like an S910, and then no-one will remember that Dom had first crack at it. People tend to remember the winners, NOT the losers in any technology race. Arranger players OVERWHELMINGLY want a well voiced and styled arranger OOTB. After that, all the open stuff is great. But we have seen just exactly how popular the MS is.

Dom's doing a great job.... yeah, right!

If you bought one and it sounded as good as an Audya, or a T4, THEN he'd be doing a great job! And I'd have one, and so would you, and so would just about EVERYBODY here that could afford it.

Until then...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online