SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297334 - 10/23/10 06:30 PM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Dnj Offline

#297335 - 10/24/10 11:11 AM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jerry: wow, your friend' Joe's one awesome accordionist. I love the sound he gets out of his instr and admire his skill and musical expressionism. Checked the price of his Roland and quickly realize it's way over my curent budget, so will consider Rolands beginner budget priced accordion (you think its decent enough?) instead, or stick to my original plan of eventually upgrading to a Yamaha T4, Korg PA3x Pro, or successor to the Pa800. Scott.

#297336 - 10/24/10 11:12 AM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Scottyee Offline

Jerry: wow, your friend' Joe's one awesome accordionist. I love the sound he gets out of his instr and admire his skill and musical expressionism. Checked the price of his Roland and quickly realize it's way over my curent budget, so will consider Rolands beginner budget priced accordion (you think its decent enough?) instead, or stick to my original plan of eventually upgrading to a Yamaha T4, Korg PA3x Pro, or successor to the Pa800. Scott.

#297337 - 10/24/10 11:24 AM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

common Scott you know your getting a Tyros4

#297338 - 10/25/10 10:06 AM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Check out Tony Lovello. He's all over YouTube. He was a member of the Three Suns and was general manager of the Campbell House in Lexington for over 20 years. I played there for years, and Tony would arrange and participate in floor shows on holidays.

He's still around Lexington, still playing, approaching 80 years old. He's pretty well known as a top guy on his instrument.

R.

#297339 - 10/25/10 10:19 AM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Check out Tony Lovello. He's all over YouTube. He was a member of the Three Suns and was general manager of the Campbell House in Lexington for over 20 years. I played there for years, and Tony would arrange and participate in floor shows on holidays.

He's still around Lexington, still playing, approaching 80 years old. He's pretty well known as a top guy on his instrument.
R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHWHWfBcxQE&feature=related

#297340 - 10/25/10 12:14 PM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
As a piano accordionist, I definitely see some advantages to playing the button style. One being, it's isomorphic. Learn to play in one key, and you know how to play in all keys. So suddenly you can start working a lot more on speed and other types of riffs rather than trying to work out how everything is going to lay in the different shapes using a piano accordion. Also, you get more range using a button accordion. The buttons are smaller, and though there are some repeats, you still get probably an octave's worth more of range in the right hand. Also, with the increased range, you can make wider spaced harmonies, because the notes are closer together, so reaching an octave and a half to 2 octaves isn't nearly as impossible as it is on a standard sized piano accordion.
All that being said, I'm sticking with piano accordion as that's what I learned on and have played for 20 years.

#297341 - 10/25/10 12:22 PM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Dnj Offline

You can never do what Ludvic Beier is doing in this video with a regular key accordion.....lightning fast !! Amazing!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792LJQKZ6PU&feature=related

#297342 - 10/25/10 01:24 PM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
As a piano accordionist, I definitely see some advantages to playing the button style. One being, it's isomorphic. Learn to play in one key, and you know how to play in all keys. So suddenly you can start working a lot more on speed and other types of riffs rather than trying to work out how everything is going to lay in the different shapes using a piano accordion. Also, you get more range using a button accordion. The buttons are smaller, and though there are some repeats, you still get probably an octave's worth more of range in the right hand. Also, with the increased range, you can make wider spaced harmonies, because the notes are closer together, so reaching an octave and a half to 2 octaves isn't nearly as impossible as it is on a standard sized piano accordion.
All that being said, I'm sticking with piano accordion as that's what I learned on and have played for 20 years.

Rorie: Many Thanks for your well outlined explanation of the benefits of buttons vs piano keys because coming a background of piano (not accordions) I would not have known about these obviously important advantages. The question now would be how long would it take (days/weeks/month/years) to master Rh button playing vs already proficient piano style key play. Has Anybody here made that transition?

Scott

#297343 - 10/25/10 01:39 PM Re: Accordion Fans it don't get any better then this...!
Dnj Offline

Scott 5 to 10 years to be proficient

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online