SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297101 - 10/19/10 07:47 PM FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands

#297102 - 10/20/10 01:56 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Anyone with EMC care to translate these into Roland and Yamaha?

#297103 - 10/20/10 02:06 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
leezone Offline

Diki, you have to be more specifis as to which Roland and Yamaha

i know in your case it would be the G-70

#297104 - 10/20/10 04:56 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
This is a single style that is flawed and will not convert..

#297105 - 10/20/10 05:54 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Has anyone tried these out on a Pa1X?

I tried and was not successful. It says in the pdf sheet "compatible with all pa series models"

These styles do not load in PA1X, at least on mine.

#297106 - 10/21/10 05:53 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello:

Regarding the compatible models is as follow:
PA2X, PA800,PA500 & PA588.
If you want to load them into a PA1X, 80/60/50, you have to convert them with the EMC software.

My friend Juan Miguel Zarate and I, made those styles, the management of the styles is very different than Roland, Ketron or Yamaha, the file is a single BANK that contains the 32 styles we made.
This bank can be loaded very easy if you have any of the models that I mention above.

Here the Bank style list;

Korg Pa Series Mexican/South American Styles
compatible with the Pa Series models PA2X, 800/500/588

1 MARIACHI CUMBIA Mariachi Popular dance  Popular ritmo de musica con Mariachi
2 BANDA CUMBIA Banda Music popular in  most of Mexico Banda con el ritmo de Cumbia, muy popular
3 BANDA DEL RIO Recent Northern "hybrid" Banda‐Sierra Fusión reciente de Banda y de la Sierra
4 CUMBIA DEL NORTE Northern Cumbia style  Popular Cumbia al estilo Norteño
5 NTE CUMBIA LENTA Northern Slow Cumbia, Ramon Ayala a Ramon Ayala se le atribuye esta Cumbia lenta
6 CUMBIA ANGELICAL Colombian Cumbia popular in all continents Cumbia Colombiana  al estilo los Angeles Azules, etc
7 SABROSURA Traditional Cumbia with a lot of "Flavor" Cumbia tradicional con mucho "Sabor"
8 CHARANGA Fast Cumbia, traditional Cumbia rapida muy tradicional.
9 CUMBIA TECNO The contemporary version of Cumbia La version moderna de la Cumbia
10 SONORA TROPICAL Cuban influence band Tropical Music Sonora tradicional de influencia Cubana
11 KEBRADITA Fast BandaCumbia, especially for dancing Tipica de música de Banda, baile rapido
12 MARIACHI POLKA Mexican Polka as played by a Mariachi Tradicional música de Mariachi.
13 DE LA SIERRA Recent North style using mainly guitars Reciente estilo usando guitarras basicamente
14 PASO DURANGUENZE A Northern recently developed dance  Estilo reciente de Durango, con un baile especial
15 POLCA DEL NORTE Northern typical band in Polka Tradicional musica de "redoba" del Norte
16 MARIACHI LENTO Typical Mariachi slow style Tipico de Mariachi, Jose Alfredo Jimenez, Vicente Fdz. 
17 MARIACHI VALZ Also traditional Waltz with Mariachi Muy popular el Valz con Mariachi
18 DE LA SIERRA 3/4 This is the Waltz version of the style De la Sierra La versión Valz de este estilo del Norte
19 3/4 BANDA Waltz with Banda  Valz con la Banda
20 VALZ PERUANO Peruvian answer to Viennese Waltz Respuesta al Valz Vienes, solo mas romantico
21 BOLERO RANCHERO Romantic Ballad most popular  Uno de los generos mas romanticos y populares
22 BANDA BALADA Banda Ballad romantic flavor Lo mas romantico de las Bandas de viento
23 TRIO BOLERO Typical Guitar trio romantic to serenade Las Romanticas serenatas con trio.
24 NUEVA BACHATA The newer Bachata type Nueva instrumentacion de la Bachata
25 RICO ‐ CHA CHA Original Cuban‐inspired Chacha Cha cha al estilo Cubano
26 MERENGUE POP The contemporary version of Merengue Version contemporanea de Merengue
27 MAMBO PRADO Perez Prado Mambo inspired Mambo a la Perez Prado
28 VALLENATO POP South American style popular dance Popular baile Sur‐Americano
29 BANDA SHUFFLE Banda music with a shuffle flavor Banda con un Poco de Swing 
30 BANDA ZAPATEADO Typical Banda 6/8 Folkloric music Tipico de Banda (Sinaloa)
31 MERENGUETENGUE A 6/8 feel, and popular dance Popular como el Chilito Pikin
32 MARIACHI SON
Most identifiable Mariachi music style La mas identificable música de Mariachi

Programmed By Manuel Dorantes, Juan Miguel Zorate
Production, editing and  QC: Chris Anthony
Project Management: Jerry Kovarsky

------------------
mdorantes

#297107 - 10/21/10 05:56 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Here is the Korg Link.
http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?search=pa500

------------------
mdorantes

#297108 - 10/21/10 06:03 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

I forgot, when you go to the link, select the DOWNLOADS next to the DOCUMENTATION folder.

------------------
mdorantes

#297109 - 10/22/10 07:08 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
mdorantes
Thanks for sharing these,
I will check them out today.
Lee S.

#297110 - 10/22/10 08:10 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
This is a single style that is flawed and will not convert..

The 32 MEX_SAM.SET converted to G-70 without problems, but the Pa500_res_v119_oriental don't load.
.BKP is a fileformat unknown to me, and EMC don't recognize either.

You want tem Diki? Just raw conversions. Have not tried in G-70 yet, so don't know if they work....

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#297111 - 10/22/10 08:30 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Hi everyone:
The BKP file, is a "Backup" on the entire factory and user style banks, Performances, Sounds, Pads, etc.. this "Mega" file is only recognized by the keyboard in question, each model has their own, and is highly recommended that only "Restore" the backup on the same model, meaning only from PA2X to PA2X, PA800 to PA800 and so on.
In the Korg keyboards this file can be open only.
We used the Guitar mode in many of this styles, and the "conversion" will not convert these feature, and will play only one or 2 notes on the part we used that function.
Also in some styles we did use some of the special Korg drum kits(non GM), and in a conversion the result will not be accurate either.

------------------
mdorantes

#297112 - 10/22/10 10:50 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Manuel, impressive style work you've done here. As one who's not very versed in Mexican style music I've found it very helpful that you've included suggested songs/themes that match your styles. Typing these via YouTube search has yielded nice vid performances of your mexican style themes. Its been great to have you as a good friend thru the years. Looking forward to possibly hooking up with you, Juan, Chris, and Jerry at Namm in January. - Scott

Scott Yee Entertainment

#297113 - 10/22/10 04:21 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Thank you Scott....!!

You are very kind friend, the CD I mention to you, is now on it's way to Berkeley, CA. By Monday perhaps Tuesday you get it.

We finish our own ethnic Pack # 2 (16 styles in each pack), and we made them keeping in mind to be able to have the Yamaha versions available too, so they work the same in either brand.
www.styles4arrangers.com

We are putting in hold the ethnic styles, and we are going to make styles for the International, Pop, Fox-Jazz, Waltz, etc. styles for the Pack # 3 and so on, that will be more appealing to the American and European arranger players.

I will keep you posted as soon as we finish them.
Yes, I hope to meet you at the NAMM, Juan may not be able to go, but I am getting all set.

------------------
mdorantes

#297114 - 10/22/10 07:13 PM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Hello,

A forum member sent me the Korg styles converted to another brand, I have to say, there are many wrong note assignments mainly on the drums/percussion, all the volumes, balances are off, needless to say, the sounds too.

I think that is important to say, that the "special" features on each of the different arranger manufacturers, that's is what makes them unique, and I guess, that even if you use a conversion software, it does not translate all the particular nuances, voicing, balances, the style designer concept, Guitar modes, special drum kits, etc.

As one of the creators, I must say, the people that will get the most out of this styles are the Korg PA2X/800/500/588 arranger owners.

------------------
mdorantes

#297115 - 10/23/10 05:14 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Absolutely stunning is all I can say about this set of Korg PA styles. And let me add that I am not into Latin music myself, but the way these styles have been programmed is absolutely a treat for any musician.
All of us have gigantic collections of styles, converted, home-baked,etc. etc. and 99 times out of a 100 I am left disappointed with whatever new style is thrown at me. After all the internal Korg styles are superb and if you know how to tweak them they go a long, long way. But this set is really a breath of fresh air and a very proficient breath of fresh air. I am surprised not more people have responded, but then I guess they will on the KOrg forums. Manuel and partner, I feel indebted to you. And I feel sorry for those who do not own a Korg keyboard and have to try and make do with conversions of these admirable styles. Ah well, the Korg PA-500 which I own is a budget entry model, so perhaps you may be tempted as yet !!!!
Thanks again for this great set of Latin Styles.......

John Smies
Holland

#297116 - 10/23/10 07:01 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Manuel as Latin American I can say these Latin styles are the best I have ever listened to in an arranger specially those that use Guitar Mode. I don't usually play Latin styles but you inspired me to play some local songs.
And for the rest of the members in this forum let me say something to him in Spanish:

Te felicito Manuel por tu excelente trabajo que es equivalente a un estilo creado por el propio fabricante. Cuando se publicó este post leí tu respuesta un poco enojado, que luego fue eliminada, y pensé que tu trabajo había sido pirateado pero me di cuenta que fue sólo un error.
Espero que tengas mucha suerte con este nuevo proyecto y puedas crear muchos otros estilos de varios géneros.

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#297117 - 10/24/10 03:06 AM Re: FREE Mexican/South American Styles For Korg PA series
mdorantes Offline

Hello everyone:

I recieved some emails regarding what songs, or artist play/perform this style of music, well, I made a VERY short list.

For some of the people that do NOT know this gender of music. Here is a list of a few songs that you can check in You tube in relation with the styles.

Style Name Suggested songs/artist
1. Mariachi Cumbia Mariachi Loco, Yo no fui
2. Banda Cumbia Me llamo Raquel, La rajita de canela
3. Banda del Rio Picadientes
4. Cumbia del Norte La del Moño Colorado,
5. Nte, Cumbia Lenta Ramon Ayala la Miedosa
6. Cumbia Angelical Como te voy a olvidar, el liston de tu pelo
7. Sabrosura Juana La Cubana
8. Charanga EL Negro Jose, Fandango,
9. Cumbia tecno Ancha de caderas
10. Sonora tropical el Ladron, mi sufrir, espinita, el orangutan, la boa
11. Kebradita This is the "Cumbia and it´s relatives.
12. Mariachi Polca Jesusita en Chihuahua, Juan Charrasqueado,
13. De la Sierra Los Higuereños Amor Vaquero
14. Paso Duranguenze el Sube y baja
15. Polca del Norte El buey de la barranca, el Ausente, el taconazo
16. Mariachi Lento(2/4) Pa’ todo el año, volver volver, por tu maldito amor
17. Mariachi Valz La feria de las flores, los laureles,
18. De la Sierra 3/4 Juan Santana y Sus Sierrenos
19. Banda 3/4 Gabino Barrera,
20. Valz Peruano Odiame, La flor de la canela, Fina estampa.
21. Bolero Ranchero AMor eterno, Lloraras, Sombras, Mi Viejo San Juan
22. Banda Balada Libro abierto
23. Trio Bolero Sin ti, Sabor a mi, Solamente una vez, Amor, Mil besos
24. Nueva Bachata Burbujas
25. Rico Chacha Piel canela, Nunca en Domingo, Las clases del Cha cha
26. Merengue Pop Ventanita
27. Mambo Prado
28. Vallenato Pop This is a "Tropical" type section.
29. Banda Shuffle Yo por nada de este mundo - Banda el Recodo
30. Banda Zapateado Juan Colorado, Sinaloense, Rascapetate
31. Merequetengue Chilito Pikin, Pajaro Choui
32. Mariachi Son La Bikina, La negra, Guadalajara, Pelea de gallos.

This ethnic styles are probably the most accurate comparing them with the Original band/artist.
Nuances like in the Norteño, the correct instrumentation is Accordion, Bass, Drums, BAJO SEXTO, that is sort of a 12 string bassy guitar, that when playing a Major chord, usually only you hear 2 notes instead of 3.
The few Norteños wanabees... (in other brands) have a Nylon Guitar or steel guitar, playing 3 or more notes in a Major chord, and the musical phrasing is wrong. Feel free to check that with Ramon Ayala, Tigres del Norte, Tucanes del Norte. etc...
Check the Mariachi Vargas de Tecatitlan in You Tube if you want to learn more about the Mariachi music, even with large Philharmonic Orchestra....
Just type those names and you´ll see what I mean.

The Valz Peruano is the Fast Waltz South-American, there are beautiful songs like Fina Estampa, Abrazaditos, Odiame and a more recent one, Llamarada.

Thank you Leeboy, John Smies and Vagro...Victor.

------------------
mdorantes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online