SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296439 - 10/12/10 04:58 AM An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Loc: Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I am lucky enough to have a 1 to 1 with James Sargeant demonstrating the Tyros4, tomorrow (Wed). I am thinking of trading up from a Tyros 2 (which I still love). What questions would you folks ask if given the same hands on chance, and what facilities on the keyboard would you ask to be demonstrated. He will obviously be trying to "accentuate the positive" What do I check out on the new piano or what eq to put the drums on? I adjust and up the eq on the tyros2 drums. I am a lady home player, who plays for their own enjoyment.
Cheers
Carol

#296440 - 10/12/10 05:09 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
to the genesys Offline

Perhaps some more demonstrations of the new VH.
Also, to show how easy it is to modify a style so if you don’t want any of the vocal voices in a style how easy it to change and save the style.

------------------
TTG

#296441 - 10/12/10 05:31 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
As TTG suggested more demos using the new VH. There are some great new drum kits I'm sure he'll emphasize those but you may want to ask him some to take some extra time demoing them.

You'll never think of the Tyros2 the same way again after you hear and play the Tyros4. And with James Sargeant doing the demo, I'd be surprised you don't place an order with him on the spot. Have fun and good luck

#296442 - 10/12/10 05:51 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Anonymous
Unregistered

1. How can one hear the difference between the Concert Grand SA voice on Tyros4 and the Concert Grand Live voice on Tyros3? Some posters claimed they could not hear a difference.

2. How does one access the SA features of the piano voice?

3. In using the TRSMS04 Yamaha speakers for Tyros4 should one set the keyboard volume on maximum (and adjust the room volume using the volume control on the speakers) or should the keyboard volume be set relatively low (and increase the room volume by increasing the volume control on the speakers)?

#296443 - 10/12/10 06:08 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Thank-you both for your input. I am not a singer but would like to be, so the new harmoniser which has a type of auto tune, might come in handy. I was already thinking how I could change out the "do whops" in the styles to change their flavor, but I tried that on some Tyros 2 styles and some replacement voices needed an octive change and I found that there is no facility to do that to the styles voices and I guess that has not changed on the Tyros 4. I guess you have to find a voice that suits that tuning or switch the voice off.
Cheers
Carol

#296444 - 10/12/10 06:19 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
UkTexan Offline

Sam, thanks for you input.
When the Tyros3 came out many people preferred the Tyros 2 piano so I hope that I am not dissapointed with the new piano. I will be using Logitech Z5500 speakers so will not be purchasing the new Yamaha Speakers. My current set up has the Tyros 2 Master Volume on full and the Logitech speakers have a control unit which sits on the keyboard and is adjusted to suit. However I hope to remember to ask your question about the speakers.
Cheers
Carol

[This message has been edited by UkTexan (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296445 - 10/12/10 06:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by UkTexan:
Thank-you both for your input. I am not a singer but would like to be, so the new harmoniser which has a type of auto tune, might come in handy. I was already thinking how I could change out the "do whops" in the styles to change their flavor, but I tried that on some Tyros 2 styles and some replacement voices needed an octive change and I found that there is no facility to do that to the styles voices and I guess that has not changed on the Tyros 4. I guess you have to find a voice that suits that tuning or switch the voice off.
Cheers
Carol

If the octave is wrong - and if the T4 has the same software for style editing, you might have to use a utility like Style Revoicer or Style Maker. It should be a cinch.

Changing instruments on non-Mega Voices is easy.

Beakybird

#296446 - 10/12/10 07:34 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ask him to solo whatever style Parts are doing SA voices OTHER that the doo-wops...

That's probably the most IMPORTANT thing added to the OS (for all the attention it's getting here ) and no-one's really commented, yet...

Oh, and ask him to play a full keyboard piano part... Then, as he's banging his fingers into the plastic at the low end of the keyboard, ask him why Yamaha won't make one of these with a longer keyboard..!

#296447 - 10/12/10 07:42 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
h, and ask him to play a full keyboard piano part... Then, as he's banging his fingers into the plastic at the low end of the keyboard, ask him why Yamaha won't make one of these with a longer keyboard..!

When are you gonna learn that the answer to your continual question is CLAVINOVA ?
http://yamahaclavinova.com/

#296448 - 10/12/10 07:47 AM Re: An hour 1 to 1 with Yamaha Tyros4 Demonstrator
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If I WANTED out of date technology and sounds, sure, I would pick a Clavinova in a flash if I wanted 88 wood.

Sadly, I want TODAY'S technology in a 76, not three or four year old sounds and technology in an 88...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online