SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 21 of 34 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295966 - 10/20/10 06:02 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

Isnt that special 200 posts !!!

#295967 - 10/20/10 06:04 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ginny,
Korg has had no problem selling both.
Plenty of people have bought the PA1XPRO and PA2XPRO. The 61 and 76 are very much the same (yes some differences).
The PA2XPRO is advertised as their flag ship model, not the PA800.
Of course they sell more 61's there cheaper.

We will see what they do next.
IMHO, the 76 will stay

Lee S.

#295968 - 10/20/10 08:16 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Hey gang...I just got an e-mail from a very high level executive at Yamaha that said if we hit 300, he will make sure they build a 76 key T4....available first quarter!
Only $300 more than the 61! Yeah!

Oh now...where did I leave my pills?
:-)
Lee S.

#295969 - 10/20/10 08:38 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Roland's cessation of 76's (and 61's) is due to two things.

1. Idiotic marketing.

2. Nothing new (still using old technology) to put in new models.

Well, you can't have it BOTH ways... You are the one constantly bringing up Roland's demise in the TOTL and MOTL sectors as 'proof' that 76's don't make money. But now you want to change horses mid-stream.

Baiting me and Fran isn't going to turn your turd of an argument into a gold nugget! No matter HOW many times you trot it out and try to polish it...

For ONCE, you actually got it right as to Roland's demise. Absolutely NOTHING to do with the number of keys. Mind you, I've been saying exactly the same thing for years now. Welcome aboard!

I am amazed that anyone can think that a 76 S910 or T$ is going to compete with ANYTHING that Yamaha currently make. It's utterly obvious that few if any current 61 players will move from the 61 T4 or S910. And no DGX or YPG or NP80v is in the same price bracket, OR technology bracket. MAYBE a few DGX users would 'move on up' to the MOTL market if Yamaha made it, maybe even to the TOTL bracket. but currently, they've already made their mind up they want the extra keys... so Yamaha HAVE to make it for them to stay Yamaha, should they decide they want something better than a BOTL arranger...

So, who is going to buy this mythic beast..? Everyone playing a DIFFERENT manufacturer's 76 that wants the Yamaha capabilities and sounds, and those Yamaha users that want a GOOD 76 arranger from the same company. Yamaha are already comfortable offering an upwards path from the PSR series in the same size... obviously, scavenging sales from a LOWER line is good business sense. But currently, Yamaha don't offer an upward path for any DGX or YPG user, unless you count the Clavinova's, which are STILL years behind even the PSR's...

So Yamaha make it, and the ONLY people that get hurt are the makers of OTHER companies' 76's.

Is that supposed to be BAD for Yamaha? Market dominance across the board? Personally, Korg, Ketron and Wersi must be thanking their lucky stars that Yamaha don't have the sense to go after that one last uncontested market segment...!

#295970 - 10/20/10 08:56 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Isnt that special 200 posts !!!

LOL Donny! I reckon on 300+, anyone giving odds?

#295971 - 10/20/10 09:03 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do you know how long this thread would have been if those with absolutely no stake whatsoever in the argument had merely stayed silent?

Maybe ten... definitely less than 20.

Let's hear it for all those that don't care whether Yamaha make one or not..! Thanks for bumping this thread up to a decent size! Allow us to return the favor some time, and if there's something YOU'D like in an arranger that we couldn't care less about one way or the other, allow us to argue ceaselessly against it, to give it more attention than it deserves..!

C'mon, Ian... bet we can make it to 500 if we try!

#295972 - 10/21/10 12:46 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Allow us to return the favor some time, and if there's something YOU'D like in an arranger that we couldn't care less about one way or the other, allow us to argue ceaselessly against it, to give it more attention than it deserves..!

C'mon, Ian... bet we can make it to 500 if we try!

Diki,

I don't know how/why you think I'm against Yamaha making a 76'er...I've told you several times that I'm all for it, and I have sent in many requests.

I'm merely passing on the message I received, and re-stating your position.

Obviously you believe corporate restructuring is the answer, and, somehow, I think you realize that may be beyond your influence.

Again, I raise the curious reluctance of Roland to make the GW-8 a 76'er...since you state that particular market is, "The one last uncontested market segment...!"

Yet they chose to make two 61 note versions of the same instrument, even with all those old unused E-60 keybeds cluttering up the factory floor.

Do you know how long this thread would have been if those with absolute assuredness of their proposal had merely done a proper survey or poll?

A lot shorter, and a lot more useful.

Ian

#295973 - 10/21/10 03:35 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

OK so apparently some persons seem to be getting confused with intended markets for keyboards.

The persons who will buy a Roland G70, Pa2x pro, Audya 76, MS are not the same persons who will buy a lightweight compact Yamaha 76 key arranger.

The Yamaha arranger market is primarily the home player. The other brands are targeting the semipro and pro market. And for the semipro and pro market looks and build quality are very important.

Why do you think the G70, PA2x pro, Audya 76 and MS are constructed the way they are?
So if Yamaha were to add a 76 key T4 they would have to build it like the Roland’s and Korgs and like Yamaha said, it would not be worth it for them to do that. It is just too small of a market for them to venture into.

Even adding a 76 key PSR to a 61 key production will not do well for Yamaha. Why? The persons who will buy the 61 key PSR will still buy the 61 key PSR. They may get a few person to buy the 76 key PSR but it would not be enough for Yamaha to come out ahead. The market for a G70, Pa2x pro, Audya for the most part will not buy a 76 key PSR built the same way the 61 key PSR is built.

However, the 76 key PSR would be for those who want a lightweight, easy to use, very mobile keyboard to use at home and easy to transport to little gigs. It would be for those players (whether 61 or 76 key players) who want an all purpose keyboard and are not concerned with build quality and name.

Making the next PSR only 76 keys would not deter the 61 key buyer because their needs would be incorporated in the 76 key version. Really all the 61 key player wants is the keyboard to be compact, light and not heavy.

Also, if Yamaha market the keyboard (as they most likely would), as the greatest sounding PSR, the 61 key players would be compelled to buy the PSR 76.

And if a 61 key PSR must absolutely be built, Yamaha can make one with less features and price it less. So for example, right now Yamaha has the S910 and the S710. Yamaha could make the successor to the S910 76 keys and the successor to the S710 61 keys.

------------------
TTG

#295974 - 10/21/10 08:51 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Why would the so called intended market (HOME PLAYERS)of TYROS, and PSR , give a damm if it's small, compact & lightweight...it stays in the freeking living room!

Lee S.

#295975 - 10/21/10 11:40 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

The persons who will buy a Roland G70, Pa2x pro, Audya 76, MS are not the same persons who will buy a lightweight compact Yamaha 76 key arranger.

VERY broad brush there...You may want to qualify, or indeed remove the surety in your statement

I find it best to speak for oneself only in these things

Dennis

Page 21 of 34 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online