SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 34 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295956 - 10/20/10 11:26 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
As an aside...I recently tried to purchase a Roland Fantom G7 from both Guitar Center and Sam Ash. Neither store stocks 76 key keyboards, they are special order. The only maintain stock of 61 or 88 key keyboards. The reason being most of the public will only buy a 61 or an 88 key.

So I don't think the argument is specific to Arranger keyboards and Yamaha, this seems to be an industry trend. That's probably why you won't see ANY 76 key arranger keyboards at a music store; let alone high priced arrangers like the Tyros 4; they are just to expensive to stock and / or they don't sell well.

the thing is Kbrkr everyone that actually has a finacial interest (ie could lose real money) wont take the risk of stocking a product and using floor space on a product they struggle to sell. Go to any music store and try and see how many arranger keyboards there are on display. Any arranger keyboard. Then look for shops that stock 76 key arrangers.... You might be looking quite a bit longer....

Its only the people who have no finacial interest (ie cant lose any money) that are insisting that if someone else risks their money they will make oodles of profit .

Go figure.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 10-20-2010).]

#295957 - 10/20/10 11:31 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

ahhh whats the use ....

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 10-20-2010).]

#295958 - 10/20/10 12:02 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
A BRAND NEW PRODUCT from Roland!

The stage ready...
VR-700
76-key Performance Stage Organ/Digital Piano with Rotary Speaker Modeling, 9 Drawbars, Waterfall Keys, and USB File Playback

it is ONLY in 76 Keys!

76 is nice...lighter than a hammer 88, yet enough keys to do most everything.
That's why they make them!
When 61 is not enough.

PEOPLE BUY THEM. That's a given, or they sure would not be introducng new ones!

Why Yamaha won't build a 76 Tyros IMHO is that the marketing group has PSR on there brain...they need to look outside of the box.

It's not the 76 keys its parameters they put on a product line(s) so as to not step on the other lines.

Otherwise...Hey..why not put FULL T4 functinality in a Clavinova??
I might buy one too!

KOrg didn't do it either, as the 88 key arranger they have use PA-500 engine, not the PA800.

Lee S.

#295959 - 10/20/10 12:52 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

leeboy. A 76 Key arranger keyboard is the not the same thing as a 76 Key keyboard. The markets are completely different .

Will you be exchanging your arranger for this ???????

You are confusing the two and argueing apples with water mellons. And then making correlations between the two. You have been spending too much time with Diki ? (just playing with you). :-)

You said

'Otherwise...Hey..why not put FULL T4 functinality in a Clavinova??
I might buy one too!

KOrg didn't do it either, as the 88 key arranger they have use PA-500 engine, not the PA800.
'

You hit the nail on the head ! Perhaps both Korg and Yamaha know a little more about the needs of their piano player customers than you think they do.

#295960 - 10/20/10 01:25 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe it's proximity to the Northern Lights... maybe it's those cheap Canadian drugs and healthcare, who knows? But it DOES appear as if the further North you go, the harder it is to remember things!

I have only ever said that CURRENTLY, Yamaha's organization seems to exclude making good 76's. Please make an effort to not bring this point up over and over, Ian. It only makes you seem desperate (and petty). Prior to the PSR9000pro, the EXACT same argument could have been made (and probably was!) by probably the same people. Yamaha will NEVER make a 76 TOTL or MOTL arranger...

But they did! They changed. So what if they failed..? It had NOTHING to do with the number of keys. If they can change in the past, they can change in the future. QED.

BTW, yes, only an idiot would suggest that Yamaha cease 61 production and concentrate on 76's Don't lump me in with those that aren't thinking this through. I'd also like to know who is running Ketron, Korg, Lionstracs, Bohm and all the OTHER arranger companies that are making charitable contributions to make up for all the losses that a 76 is apparently incurring..? Because, let us be clear, if you say that you can't make money with a 76, that basically not only makes those companies into charities, but also Yamaha's own DGX, YPG and Clavinova lines loss leaders, too. And, as desperately as you argue that the PSR 76 NOT be made, surely you are also arguing for the DGX and YOG and NP80v lines cease production... No, you say? Those lines are making money? But how could that be?! It flies completely in the face of your argument.

Oh, one more point... if Roland's cessation of 76 arranger production is PROOF that there's no demand, doesn't that also prove that their cessation of MOTL and TOTL 61 production also prove that there's no demand for those types of 61's, too? The gaps in your logic could pass a battleship (or at least let a 76 through with room to spare!).

But let's keep going. I need the laugh this thread gives me every day...

#295961 - 10/20/10 01:43 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe it's proximity to the Northern Lights... maybe it's those cheap Canadian drugs and healthcare, who knows? But it DOES appear as if the further North you go, the harder it is to remember things!

Hey, I'm waaaay farther north than Ian. Damn, now I've forgotten what I was going to say. Might as well go into my igloo basement and rock out on my Pa1XPro.

#295962 - 10/20/10 02:30 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Oh, one more point... if Roland's cessation of 76 arranger production is PROOF that there's no demand, doesn't that also prove that their cessation of MOTL and TOTL 61 production also prove that there's no demand for those types of 61's, too? D

Roland's cessation of 76's (and 61's) is due to two things.

1. Idiotic marketing.

2. Nothing new (still using old technology) to put in new models.

You and Fran are the Barney Rubble and Fred Flintstone of ArrangerRock...still playing dinosaurs.

If 76'ers were so popular and such moneymakers, then the GW-8 would have had more than the 5 octaves with which it was blessed.

Again, you can keep the thread going all you like...I'm sure Yamaha loves the advertising...and since your argument holds no water whatsoever (see Spalding's posts for more refutation) and because you've been poking your own holes in it as well, it's been great advertising.

Ian

#295963 - 10/20/10 02:53 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
I have only ever said that CURRENTLY, Yamaha's organization seems to exclude making good 76's. Please make an effort to not bring this point up over and over, Ian. It only makes you seem desperate (and petty).

Actually Diki, for a full experience of pettiness, we could just read your theory (rather, your belief) on Yamaha's corporate structure...

Quote:
I truly believe that Yamaha are only TOO aware of the need, but that their current corporate structure is too inflexible to allow them to fill it.

I'm thinking you're thinking if you say it enough times, Yamaha will immediately restructure.

Regardless, nothing will be made without the marketing mavens' approval, and if they have read this thread, I'm sure it has brought more than a few chuckles, if not outright guffaws.

You see, all we can do is request what is wanted...the outcome is beyond our sphere of influence. You've made your request, and so have others, including yours truly.

The result is up to Yamaha.

Ian

#295964 - 10/20/10 03:22 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

From a business prospective, it would not make good business sense for Yamaha to make both a 61 key and 76 key version of the same arranger. They would not sell enough of the 76 key version.

If you think it is just conjecture, ask Roland what happened with the E 60 and E 50.

And why do you think Korg came out with the Pasx pro first and then later on came out with the Pa800? Same thing with Ketron and the Audya and Roland with the G70 and Lionstract with the MS?

They all started with the 76 key version.
Having a 61 and 76 key version of the same arranger released at the same time would not be profitable and would show a lack of business sense.

------------------
TTG

#295965 - 10/20/10 05:57 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Spalding,
It was a response to those that said 76 is not popular, in general. This new Roland is only available in 76 as far as I can tell.
76 is not as taboo as some think.
I did not say it was an arranger...just 76 keys. So it's not 61 or 88 only.

Keys are keys man...when 61 is not enough, 88 is too heavy...you go with 76...does not matter what kind of keyboard it is,

The current Clavinova has T3 stuff inside, so why not T4. Maybe it will happen, maybe when T5 comes out? Why would a pure piano player want a T3 inside? It'a piano and arranger together. For those that want both.

The Korg PA-588 is very much an arranger and it is 88 keys. I would say high MOTL features. It's an arranger for the players that prefer 88 hammer action, but want a full arranger.

Lee S.

Page 20 of 34 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online