SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 34 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295866 - 10/15/10 05:38 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
You know, for all the detractors of 76 keys, no one, including Yamaha, has shown how in the world a 76 key arranger would prevent person from buying a great sound Yamaha arranger.

Genny, nobody's saying they don't want Yamaha to make a 76-note instrument.

I have no problem if they make a 76 note Tyros, or even a 76 note PSR.

It should be obvious to you that they aren't going to make one until their marketers decide that it's profitable to do so.

They won't stop production on a 61 note successfully selling Tyros, or a 5 octave PSR-S-series, and only make 76 note versions of each...and, so far it's apparent that they only want to stay with 61.

If you're getting the impression that I don't want Yamaha to make a 76 note higher end instrument, you're mistaken...I have requested a 76'er many times.

So far, they have said, "No."

Good luck.

Ian

#295867 - 10/15/10 05:43 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

1,2,cha,cha,cha

#295868 - 10/15/10 05:48 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
1,2,cha,cha,cha

Cha Cha is a great style for "Wheels".

#295869 - 10/15/10 06:14 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Thanks...not perfect..but it works.

Donny,
Only a very uninformed person would pay $4999 for a T4. In USA anyways.
Lee S.

#295870 - 10/16/10 01:23 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
"So far, they have said no..."

And if we STOP asking, they will assume that no-one is still interested in one. So we keep asking...

And, in fact, 'they' haven't said anything at all. Merely apologists for Yamaha have taken that burden upon themselves. All Yamaha have chosen to do is not compete with themselves. The division that makes DGX's and YPG's etc., do NOT have access to the latest sounds, OS and styles that the OTHER division have. Put the two divisions together, and there would be no problem. But Yamaha have chosen to deliberately restrict one division while the other gets the latest technology. And THAT division is deliberately restricted from making 76's (which would compete with the other division). BOTH sides lose...

#295871 - 10/16/10 01:33 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

And if we STOP asking, they will assume that no-one is still interested in one. So we keep asking...

You keep asking. I hope it works.

I've never looked at this topic in this way before, but what is becoming clearer with each post, is how only the addition of 15 keys would be sufficient for you and several others to buy a Yamaha TOTL/MOTL arranger.

I always had a feeling you thought they were great instruments, and since you always say you would only play an arranger that suits your needs, it's nice to see that Yamaha makes a product that meets them...except for those darn 15 keys that are missing.

I have a similar feeling about Genny, and it is nice to see him encourage Yamaha with such passion and perseverance.

Thanks guys...your support is greatly appreciated.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-16-2010).]

#295872 - 10/16/10 03:55 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
How about just writing to yamaha with your well reasoned arguments as to why you feel a 76 key true arranger would make them more money than their curenyt offerings or getting a petition together of all the arranger players you can muster from every arranger forum you can to put together a collective petition. surely that has to be more productive than bringing up this same discussion over and over again.

When i wanted a DVD tutorial for the Korg PA Arranger series i contacted korg to see if they would make one. when i got no luck i asked the forum members at Korg forums if they would pay for one , how many would wish to contirbute in making a DVD what price, who to approach for the demonstrations etc and discovered there wasnt enough people who would want one to produce on a commercial basis for Korg so we made the DVD's ourseles .
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/support/arranger_secrets.htmlne . It became the most popular arranger instructional DVD at the time (might i say only) . Even though Korg didnt see the interest , we did .

We sold over 500 of them, and i posted personally about 200 from my living room ! It became too much work and we placed the distribution responsibilities with other agents. They are still selling.

The point i am making is if you feel so strongly about the need or desire for a 76 key yamaha tyros arranger please stop whinging and do something constructive. Garner some support for the idea, present a commercial reason for them to do it and then let them tell you personally NO if thats what they choose to do.

If that doesnt work then the next best thing would be to talk to a smaller company like liontracs and see what they might do in terms of exactly what you think would be a yamaha beating 76 key arranger. If not them, then approach ketron,or roland or whoever but do something constructive !

Point scoring here might help your ego but nothing else. Nothing else !

#295873 - 10/16/10 04:24 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
The point i am making is if you feel so strongly about the need or desire for a 76 key yamaha tyros arranger please stop whining and do something constructive.

Amen to that, Spalding.

Ian

#295874 - 10/16/10 08:14 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
You keep asking. I hope it works.

I've never looked at this topic in this way before, but what is becoming clearer with each post, is how only the addition of 15 keys would be sufficient for you and several others to buy a Yamaha TOTL/MOTL arranger.

I always had a feeling you thought they were great instruments, and since you always say you would only play an arranger that suits your needs, it's nice to see that Yamaha makes a product that meets them...except for those darn 15 keys that are missing.

I have a similar feeling about Genny, and it is nice to see him encourage Yamaha with such passion and perseverance.

Thanks guys...your support is greatly appreciated.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-16-2010).]

What took you so long?
That is what I have been trying to tell you.
The sounds and styles of Yamaha TOTL arrangers are good. If they were not do you think I will be spending time on trying to get Yamaha to make a good 76 key arranger?

After all I am the owner of a very poor arranger in the Motif xs 76. So it is not that Yamaha is trying to get a new customer.
The DGX although 76 keys is also a very poor arranger just like the Motif xs 76. So that is why I want Yamaha to make a good 76 key arranger.

------------------
TTG

#295875 - 10/16/10 12:45 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
"So far, they have said no..."

And, in fact, 'they' haven't said anything at all. Merely apologists for Yamaha have taken that burden upon themselves......

Actually Diki, no-one that I have noticed, has actually apologised for anything, so unless you are using that to somehow inject a derogatory sneer to whomever it is directed, then it really does not apply, just my "read" of course and maybe I am misunderstanding you ..

Same as that term "fanboy", keeps reminding me of eunuchs you saw in the early 50's and 60's movies set in the middle east. Standing over the Sultan waving these huge feather fans

Dennis

Page 11 of 34 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online