SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#29549 - 10/01/07 10:25 PM midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

Loc: The World
i'll pose this question, but i expect the answer will have to come from AJ,...
in the GM window, when i want to filter midi RX (page 7, in 16 parts mode), i filter all 16 midi channels from receiving, however when i go back out and then re-enter the GM page EVERYTHING is filtered out on every page, both TX and RX.. note on note off, effects, volumes etc etc when all i want is to filter RX ONLY as i am using an external module to reproduce midi files using the sd as the "player", and i dont want the file reproduced on the sd1+ as well....what happens if you dont filter the RX is it still affects the overall polyphony and you get note dropouts when playing keyboard parts live(just using the balance button combo to mute does not stop the midifile using sd1 notes, just the volume).........AJ can you explain if this is a software bug (pretty major one too imo) or simply a shortcoming of the SD1+?
thanks
dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-01-2007).]

#29550 - 10/02/07 06:30 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

yep, its about the sort of reply i have come to expect from AJ...he is happy to post heaps when he wants to sell something, but a bit of help with one of the worst operating systems going on a keyboard, and he is nowhere to be found...okay for you people in the states who can phone...there is no tech support at all in australia, the dealer, nice as he is, does not have much technical knowledge, and even he cannot get answers from ketron, i know, because we have already tried on several issues!!!!

.....So perhaps the rumours ARE true Ketron might be going "belly-up", no response at all from ketron italy, on more than this problem, all we get from the "ketron tech guru" is him selling off other brands of keyboards all the time, makes you wonder!!!

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-02-2007).]

#29551 - 10/04/07 03:07 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
mine doesn't do that. I'm still on the old 4b operating system. Haven't updated mine to 4c yet.

I haven't tried it yet with a module connected.

Hope I understood correctly.
On the GM page I set all the midi RX to off.

When I played the internal midifiles I received no sound. I then turned a couple of channels back on , ie drum & bass & they played.

I can try hooking up my sd2 module later today & see what happens ie if it plays the midifile.

My TX settings were not affected, they stayed as they should have been.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29552 - 10/04/07 09:53 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

hi rikki,
did you go out of the midi pages and then go back in? because when i filter all midi RX, all pages (within the RX ones) notes everything get muted, perhaps its a 4.c thing??? i mean, midi works fine both in and out, but i just want to filter the out for a particular setup...but look it doesn't really matter i can mute the sd midi by just pressing the balance buttons so its a pretty easy workaround........BTW ,i might add that AJ has actually visited this forum to post about a new product, but gives no reply....i rest my case!!!!
but thanks for your input rikki, appreciate it..
cheers,
dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-04-2007).]

#29553 - 10/05/07 12:09 AM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
midied up my sd2 module to the sd1+.

When I set all the channels to "RX off" on the SD1+, I get no midi output to the SD2.

Setting to RX off doesn't respond the same way as a setting like Local off. If it functioned as Local off, you'd hear the midifile via your module & you wouldn't hear the sd1 sounds on those channels.

I thought another option might be to mute the channels on the GM page. Works ok for the first song, but then the program changes etc don't function for the rest.

As far as I can tell , the sd1 makes for a poor controller keyboard. Hopefully I'm wrong.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rikkisbears:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29554 - 10/05/07 01:28 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

hi rikki,
yeah i think i have to agree...setting local off only applies to the right hand section on the sd and doesn't seem to affect other sections like the midi playing/receiving of others.....i still believe its a programming bug, because if you set a channel off(mute) in say just the RX page, this should NOT affect the TX settings, and vice-versa....
cheers
dennis

#29555 - 10/06/07 03:53 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
must admit I don't really play midifiles much on the sd, & when I do, I use the onboard sounds.
I mainly use it for playing styles.

I normally have the sd2 module midied to my Clavinova /OMB or midied to the psr1500.

I'd originally been hoping to use the SD2 to increase the polyphony of the sd1 ie assign some of the style parts to be played by the sd2 & some to be played internally, can't remember what settings I used but I didn't have much luck.
Either the operating system isn't designed for it, or else maybe it has got bugs.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]hi rikki,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29556 - 10/06/07 05:27 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

hey rikki,
yeah i reckon the sd1+ is great as a standalone arranger/midifile player, but as a controller it leaves a bit to be desired..(unless you are an accordion player!!!)
cheers'dennis

#29557 - 10/08/07 08:31 PM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
which operating system are you using???

I just updated mine from 4.0b to 4.0c.

Some of the initial problems I was having in regards to midi , now seems to be working better.
Maybe mine had some flaws to begin with.

I'll play around with it this afternoon & let you know how I go.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29558 - 10/12/07 12:44 AM Re: midi filter bug in sd1+ ..Q for AJ
miden Offline

hi rikki,
sorry i have not replied to now, but i have been away for the week....i am using 4.c also..
cheers
dennis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online