SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#295367 - 10/05/10 08:55 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Dnj Offline

So if your not playing out live what are you doing with all these styles?

#295368 - 10/05/10 10:12 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
What interests me is not how the drum sits in a mix (that can be adjusted) but the quality of the sample.

The demo that highlights the brush drum kit sounds very authentic to my ears.

I like the T4 demos so far.

It would be interesting to hear comparisons of different top of the line keyboards with just drums soloing.

Beakybird

I heared the T4 live .. and drums where compared to a T3 standing next to the T4, it was a whole world of difference..

All these people are basing their opinions on Youtube video's. I have heared the real thing and T4's drums have much more punch and kick then T3's drums..

I can only advise everyone to go hear them for themselves.

But my main gripe with T4 is still that there is no 76 keys or a module... so its out of the question to become the base of my setup.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#295369 - 10/06/10 06:08 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny...
Please re-read my post...it is 'not' from a Yamaha hater..
I have spend many thousands of $$ on Yamaha through the years...
It is just to say the PSR is a PSR and that is not going to change.

For those that have the desire/need for the PSR type product it is great!

Who knows...I might even switch over to a PSR type user as my musical interests change. The T4 does seem to have increased the Orchestral stuff in quality and quantity...so it has my interest.

Lee S.

#295370 - 10/06/10 06:55 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary , the manual that ships with the BA330 list it at 30 watts stereo...Before I purchased the BA330 , I called Roland..because Sweetwater has it listed at 250 watts..and I knew that was wrong..He verified 30 watts...

BTW: I used the BA330 on batteries (Alkaline rechargeable) for over 12 hours, before it drained to stop..that was 3 consecutive gigs at full power (not the ECO reduced range)..

Did you read how loud it is 109db...I will match it against any other PA(in it's class)..some over 60 watts that won't come close to the loudness or quality of sound..

In my Studio I tested the unit continuously for over ten hours and it was still two thirds retained power (gauge)..

I am learning more than you think..

#295371 - 10/06/10 07:38 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
First of all, why is ANYONE offering a criticism of Yamaha a 'Yamaha hater'? Do you consider that YOU are a 'Korg hater' or a 'Roland hater' or a 'Ketron hater' simply because you choose something different? No, I would be willing to bet that you consider yourselves the very definition of 'fair and balanced'.... It's only people that disagree with you that are 'haters', aren't they..?

Get that mote out of your eye before you pick on others' beams

Secondly, to reiterate my (virtually completely ignored) post... Why has Yamaha NOT made a Custom sampler load to add in the very punchy samples they think are SO necessary on their WS line? It would in NO WAY change the T4 for people that already like it the way it is...

Every time someone suggests something as an ADDITION to what Yamaha are doing, the howls of protest go up, as if they somehow HAVE to lose what they want for those of us that want something in addition to get what we (as potential Yamaha customers) are currently offered. This is utterly wrong. But a simple TVN, made from Yamaha's OWN products designed specifically for drummers (after all, THEY ought to bloody well know what a drum kit is supposed to sound like!) and producers of less dated musics, would simply ADD to the popularity of Yamaha arrangers...

What is it about that scares you all so much?

Is it the thought that, if you actually had the option, you MIGHT like more punchy drums (like those that buy Yamaha WS's do)? Because, if they don't REPLACE the ROM drums, what else do you have to lose?

Let the fear rule you. Or grow up and realize that choice is the BEST thing in a musical instrument.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-06-2010).]

#295372 - 10/06/10 07:44 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

If I recall correctly, alkaline rechargeable batteries have a high ampere-hour rating than non-rechargeable batteries, but they're still not very high. Therefore, you will get a bit longer life from the batteries before they discharge to the point where they fall below the 10-VDC minimum required to operate most chips and ICs.

Now, the common sense factor comes into play. Is it entirely possible, knowing how much energy a AA battery is capable of supplying, that the reason the amp continued to work for 12 hours was because it is NOT 30-watts RMS? Is it possible that Roland's statement refers to PEAK-POWER? Is it entirely possible that Ohm's law, and the other laws of physics, are correct? 109-dB? For some strange reason I can't find that figure in the manual. On page 18 of the manual under Specifications it states:

Nominal Output Level (1 kHz)
LINE OUT: -10 dBu
STEREO LINK OUT: -10 dBu

What page of the manual did you find 109-dB? Did I miss something?

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#295373 - 10/06/10 07:55 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Diki Offline

Gary, Fran... There is only ONE spec that matters worth a damn, and you will never find any small PA manufacturer using it.

THD@(x)db

Everything else is just bullsh*t...

How dirty does it sound as it gets loud? They all do, you know. Who cares how long the batteries last, who cares how many W RMS it is? For starters, neither of you use a battery powered arranger. If you've got AC for your arranger, you've got AC for your PA. And RMS is a meaningless stat, without the THD figures at that stated power, and the loudness (in db) that that power achieves.

Have fun ribbing each other, but shame on you! You BOTH know how insignificant what you are arguing about really is...

#295374 - 10/06/10 08:33 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

I agree that THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) is an important factor, however, I don't know of any manufacturers that currently supply this information in their manuals or accompanying literature. And, the formula is so complex that most people would not understand how this information is applied to their systems.

Besides, I like picking on Fran--it's fun!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#295375 - 10/06/10 08:38 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Diki Offline

You don't CALCULATE THD. You MEASURE it. It isn't necessary to know the equations (unless you are actually providing the numbers). It provides an easily comparable stat that actually has some REAL relevance to what we HEAR, once we bring these little things up to a decent volume

And, BTW, most TOTL PA manufacturers include this information. But not those trying to fleece the unwary.

#295376 - 10/06/10 08:44 AM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
A good guess...If you saw the THD numbers for most of this stuff...you would not be impressed.

One of my other hobbys is Ham Radio...the older vintage tube type equipment I have sounds very nice (THD is low as well..) all the new solid state stuff sucks canal water.
You CAN hear the difference.
Make it cheap is their motto.

Probabbly why they don't publicize it.

Lee S.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online