SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#294985 - 09/29/10 06:06 PM I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Well are you?
Forget about it having more than 61 keys.

The sound O the sound. And the new and innovative way of playing an arranger I can not wait to experience.

They are taking articulation playing to another level!!

------------------
I have shortened my ID to TTG

#294986 - 09/29/10 06:12 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Where can we find the details??
Lee S.

#294987 - 09/29/10 09:41 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The Amazing Kreskin predicts...

Let's face it. Everyone here is excited for ANYTHING new. Jeez, a pathetic Casio gets some all in a lather!

Me, I'm going to wait until I have HEARD it, and SEEN it, and read the manual before I wet my panties..!

Might I suggest one of those delaying creams for you fellas in such a rush to get to the finish line..? Or is this your version of foreplay?

#294988 - 09/29/10 09:53 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

I get more excited about listening to some of you playing these arrangers versus all this weird BS hype...after all, what good is "any" instrument if you can't hear it played?.....

#294989 - 09/29/10 09:55 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Might I suggest one of those delaying creams for you fellas in such a rush to get to the finish line..? Or is this your version of foreplay?

In their case, it's more like "threeplay"...

I can just hear them say, "This won't take long...did it?"

Ian

#294990 - 09/30/10 06:52 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
If you're referring to the Pa800 Elite - it ain't new.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#294991 - 09/30/10 07:00 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Whatever they do I hope KORG changes their OS Folders system.

#294992 - 09/30/10 07:05 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Nope..were not referring to the PA800 Elite.

If you Yamaha guys can enjoy foreplay...why not us Korg guys....:-)
Lee S.

#294993 - 09/30/10 08:06 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Bachus Offline

I think that Korg finally gets it Korg players want as much feautures as possible in their instruments... And they are going to combine all they have intoo one instrument..

-Oasys sound quallity or better.
-atleast 256 voices polyfony
-All their different sound engines known as Exi's from Oasys.
-An option to add even more Exi's. like an AP synthesis synth
-An option to combine parts of the different sound engines like roland V-synth or the VST Alchemy.
-Al lot of awesome pre programmed sounds
-DNC 2 for realistic accustic instruments but also to create awesome synthesizer sounds with different articualtions.
-Atleast 4GB of Rom samples
-Support for flash ram, atleast 4 GB's
-Sampler option
-Atleast 2 plugin effects for every sound or track be it sequencer or style or Karma
-New Style engine that also supports Audio styles. With atleast support for 8 varriations and 16 tracks/style
-Karma that can be combined with either the style engine or the Sequencer.
-Groove box with 16 touch sensitive soft pads to have real time controll over the drum track. But also free assignable to other tasks.
-Totally new sequencer with all the functions we ever dreamed of, like pattern support and markers and audio tracks support(with ellastique for transpose the audio track. And most of all the option to rewire the sequencer with a VST host or sequencer on a remote PC. Atleast 32 tracks
-16" widescreen touch screen
-Ultimate master keyboard functionallity with the option to totally controll remote VST hosts, VSt instruments and sequencers.
-61, 76 and 88 keys version.
-vector stick
-Kaoss padd
-D-beam
-ribbon controller
-Joystick
-Free programmable buttons like Audya 4 and 5 have on the front
-atleast 12 sliders free assignable
-atleast 8 knobs free assignable
-Software expansions instead of hardware expansion boards
-TC Helicons latest technollogy build intoo it.
-addon keyboard accesoiry for the 61 and 76 key version that allows for duall manuals either 2x76 or 2x61 keys
-Totall freedom when assigning sounds over the keyboards...
-And offcourse all feautures we know from Oasys, M3 and PA2X but that i haven't mentioned yet.

All this at the same price as a Ketron or a little over it. I think internet shop prices around €4000 or $4500 would be realistic.

Now this would mean a dream come true for many of us or atleast for me. And it would use Yamaha's own advertisement Slogan against them.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#294994 - 09/30/10 06:22 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I'm wondering if I should hold on to my Pa800 in hopes for a FW upgrade. It's still a great, tho aging board with many impressive styles. I'm looking forward to what they may have in store, regardless. Maybe I should hang on to it, anyway. It could become a classic...and mine is in great condition.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#294995 - 10/01/10 01:10 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

let's also hope they implement a 'chord track' like Yamaha does. No point in having an arranger and a sequencer if when you record a backing track and you make a mistake in the accompaniment, you have to edit all the parts one by one! That's so dumb.

[This message has been edited by arranger_yes_pc_no (edited 10-01-2010).]

#294996 - 10/01/10 03:44 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Sorry for not posting I think I got a little too excited over Korg’s game changing new offering.
I did lots of handstands and even took a long walk on a short bridge (that produced an interesting result but I am hear to tell the story).

O but the new Korg I just can not get over it!!
Some of the suggestions that people have made is in the new Korg and the new arranger will be a game changer.
I am very excited!!!
Are you?

------------------
TTG

#294997 - 10/01/10 08:56 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Where is the info on it?

Lee S.

#294998 - 10/02/10 01:42 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Apparently, specific information about the new Korg can only come from Korg.

------------------
TTG

#294999 - 10/02/10 02:40 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Apparently, specific information about the new Korg can only come from Korg.

Seems you got some information at least about an upcomming Korg product, why would you have insight in Korg information that others don't have. Are you a Korg Employer or a Korg dealer?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#295000 - 10/02/10 03:38 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Oasys sound quallity or better.

If it's possible for KORG to use the HD-1 engine in other products, I think that would create quite a problem for other manufactures. HD-1 is years ahead of everything else on the market. It's like hearing a CD for the first time after listening to cassette tapes for all your life. There is a clarity that is simply far beyond everything else.

I think it would be wishful thinking though that this would happen. I would guess that the hardware and CPU power required would probably drive up the cost of a closed keyboard far too much.

Regards
James

#295001 - 10/04/10 11:57 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

I'm very excited about the arranger that Korg will make in ten years time from now..!

I mean, why waste your time getting all wet below the waist at an arranger you have NO IDEA what will be on it that is JUST about to come out (maybe, possibly, as far as you guess), when you can get all worked up about something that will leave you gasping for a good ten years..?!

Plus, you have the advantage that, there MIGHT be a slight possibility that some of your wishlist be achieved by then. It DEFINITELY isn't going to happen on the NEXT PA series, that's a fact! Not to mention that, if they actually DID fill your wishlist, it would be three times the price of an Audya!

So, let's just remain moist for things so far in the future, we don't have to worry about being disappointed within a few months... Let's defer that disappointment for at least a decade or so, eh..?!

#295002 - 10/04/10 12:24 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

I'm excited about tonights gig with my trusty Yamaha S910 arranger...

#295003 - 10/04/10 03:24 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Well I am glad to see there is excitement in the air.
One person is excited about the arranger Korg will make in 10 years. So he and I are on the same page (he is just 9 years and 8 months behind of me).
The other is excited about the PSR S910 he will play tonight and then sell tomorrow.

But OH the Sound the Sound on the new Korg arranger that will be released in the next few months. I thought SA was good and audio styles were the things but …….

And no I don’t work for Korg nor do I sell Korg products.

#295004 - 10/04/10 04:15 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
The way I understand it, Diki is 10 years ahead, not behind, correct me if I am wrong....

On the other pressing matter, of the up and coming arranger, why don't you enlighten us ?

#295005 - 10/04/10 04:21 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
On the other pressing matter, of the up and coming arranger, why don't you enlighten us ?

What, and disappoint us all so soon..?

I predict the PA3Xpro will be about as revolutionary compared to it's next younger sibling as the T4 is over the T3..!

In other words, to its' fanboys, it will be AMAZING... and everybody else will just yawn

#295006 - 10/04/10 04:59 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Why would you think it will be a Pa 3x

------------------
TTG

#295007 - 10/04/10 05:51 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
zuki Offline

As discussed on another thread, I believe the 800 is light years ahead of its predecessor and I would hope the newbie would offer the same.

Korg has sent out a questionnaire in the past, asking what changes/additions we would want, which many here have responded to. Do other brands offer this questionnaire?

Will be interesting (for me) to check out any new Korg model

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#295008 - 10/04/10 11:29 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
I'm very excited about the arranger that Korg will make in ten years time from now..!

Dream on Diki, like me you and a few others here we may not be around in 5 let alone 10, so enjoy what is happen around you now and just keep bitching and taking the medication!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#295009 - 10/05/10 07:35 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
As discussed on another thread, I believe the 800 is light years ahead of its predecessor and I would hope the newbie would offer the same.

Korg has sent out a questionnaire in the past, asking what changes/additions we would want, which many here have responded to. Do other brands offer this questionnaire?

"lightyears"?

#295010 - 10/05/10 01:01 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Dream on Diki, like me you and a few others here we may not be around in 5 let alone 10, so enjoy what is happen around you now and just keep bitching and taking the medication!

Ye Gods! Just how blunt do I have to get before the fact that I am being sarcastic finally sinks in?

#295011 - 10/05/10 01:47 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Ye Gods! Just how blunt do I have to get before the fact that I am being sarcastic finally sinks in?

Bit more yet Diki, keep on going owd lad! You will there yet!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#295012 - 10/05/10 02:22 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

Lightyears, especially the latin section from Ix300....circa 1997.... recycling at its best!!

#295013 - 10/05/10 02:32 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Lightyears, especially the latin section from Ix300....circa 1997.... recycling at its best!!

Take a look at the entire package my friend. What do you play?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#295014 - 10/05/10 02:43 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
mc Offline

Why do I need to look at the entire package if the core styles I need are not up to par. Korg also needs to look at the OOS, it wasn't easy to navagate through the pages. Former owner of many Korgs, current owner of Ketron.

#295015 - 10/05/10 02:59 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Why do I need to look at the entire package if the core styles I need are not up to par. Korg also needs to look at the OOS, it wasn't easy to navagate through the pages. Former owner of many Korgs, current owner of Ketron.

Good enough - different strokes, as they say

#295016 - 10/05/10 03:30 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:

Personally I find the Korg styles the best there is and I like the Korg OS. Very simple to me. I am a former Yamaha player.

#295017 - 10/05/10 04:22 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Personally I find the Korg styles the best there is and I like the Korg OS. Very simple to me. I am a former Yamaha player.

Well like Zuki said, "Good enough - different strokes, as they say"

But I found over the years many arranger players from Netherlands, Germany, Poland and Eastern Europe were mostly into Rolands. I'm not sure if the ethnic styles were just avaliable for those countries or a brand that were mostly sold in stores.

#295018 - 10/05/10 06:00 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Some are not up to date as to the Korg...A lot less button pushing on the PA800/Pa2XPRO than the Yamaha...the Korg OS is superb...IF you take a little time to learn all the shortcut sequences...very quick to get around. Theres even a summary page you can tear out if you want to have it handy while learning the shortcuts.

How do you enter text on the Tyros? Button pushes up the gazoo...on the Korg you just key in the name on the keyboard.

I am on the Korg forum all the time...you would not beieve the posts sometimes...
People but a $3,000 keyboard which comes with an excellant set of manuals..and they don't even read/study them to see what's there!

The manuals are on line...it might be interesting for anyone that does not understand what I'm saying when I say it is a PRO keyboard..to actually take a little time...download the maunal and read through it...you will be amazed at the capabilities.

I find the styles great...and the tools you have to tweek them if you like are superior to others.

I bet few know that instead of being stuck with a few SA/SA2 voices (great sounds, I might add) that the mfg gives you...the Korg allows you to do your own DNC voices. I have done a couple...it's not realy that hard.

Anyways I sure find the OS easy to use and I had a T2 for 2 years so I used both.

The Songbook is tops..it stores vrtually everyhing in the entry.

From what Diki says on the G-70 it has a great OS as well with lots of editing tools, I hope I get to try one some day as well.

Lee S.

#295019 - 10/06/10 08:51 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

There are both positive and negative things in the Roland OS... I certainly feel that the editing tools are head and shoulders above any competition, but then again, there are some glaring omissions in certain other areas.

As, to be honest, I believe ALL arrangers have. Only fanboys refuse to discuss the con with the pro...

#295020 - 10/07/10 06:42 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Guys, get your teeth ready for Korg, i promise this time!

#295021 - 10/07/10 07:25 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Though I'm currently a Yamaha Arranger fan boy, I've been a long time (circa 80's/90's) Korg enthusiast (707/01WFD/T series) so especially anxious to see what the next generation Korg arrangers bring, especially the successor to the PA800. I just hope I'll be patient enough to wait long enough (Jan/Feb 2010?) till the new Korg arrangers actually appear before making the next arranger keyboard purchase decision.

Scott Yee Entertainment

#295022 - 10/07/10 07:33 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

I'm ready....
Lee S.

#295023 - 10/07/10 07:43 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Is KORG gonna at least tease us again with just the BOX in the warerhouse like last time?

#295024 - 10/08/10 02:49 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

If you like sounds that you can make sound real and you like a keyboard that is innovative, you would not be disappointed with the new Korg arranger.

------------------
TTG

#295025 - 10/08/10 06:13 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

TTG,
How do you know that??
Or are you just guessing??
Thanks,
Lee S.

#295026 - 10/09/10 09:15 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
TTG,
How do you know that??
Or are you just guessing??
Thanks,
Lee S.

Got it from a very good person who I can not say who it is.

------------------
TTG

#295027 - 10/09/10 12:57 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

WIll we see it announce VERY SOON?
Or is it going to me a few Monthes??

Could I get one for Christmas this year??
Lee S

#295028 - 10/09/10 02:58 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
WIll we see it announce VERY SOON?
Or is it going to me a few Monthes??

Could I get one for Christmas this year??
Lee S

Saddly, I think only Korg knows the answer to that.

------------------
TTG

#295029 - 10/11/10 10:57 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

Quote:
Saddly, I think only Korg knows the answer to that.

This entire thread sounds like it is just a spoiler to try to slow down sales for the Tyros 4. Get some customers to hang onto their wallets longer just in case Korg actually is coming out with a new arranger. Just spread some anonymous rumors around on the net that probably have no truth whatsoever, as there are no sources indicated anywhere, and nothing but some anonymous hints and unsubstantiated rumors.

That being said, right now there is nothing on the market that I want and am waiting to see what Korg comes out with. Honestly, if Audya could get the plague of bugs worked out of their products or the Tyros 4 had offered more black and whites, I may have chosen one of them. But such is not the case, so I just keep my wallet in the pocket until something comes along that I WANT, not willing to SETTLE for.

#295030 - 10/12/10 12:37 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
my request for the next arranger from Korg would be a 61 note keyboard like the PA 800 but using the same style of casing and build structure of the 2X PRO and WITHOUT Speakers.

yes a slick compact, Metal construction, pro looking arranger with no speakers.

the Tyros keyboards, Roland E80, PA800, are still too big and ugly for my liking. I prefer the smaller, slicker size keyboards like the Motif series in 61 note form.

hopefully someone out there is listening

i am definitely keen to see what the new korg arranger will be if and when it happens...

Nick

#295031 - 10/12/10 02:29 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z:
This entire thread sounds like it is just a spoiler to try to slow down sales for the Tyros 4. Get some customers to hang onto their wallets longer just in case Korg actually is coming out with a new arranger. Just spread some anonymous rumors around on the net that probably have no truth whatsoever, as there are no sources indicated anywhere, and nothing but some anonymous hints and unsubstantiated rumors.

That being said, right now there is nothing on the market that I want and am waiting to see what Korg comes out with. Honestly, if Audya could get the plague of bugs worked out of their products or the Tyros 4 had offered more black and whites, I may have chosen one of them. But such is not the case, so I just keep my wallet in the pocket until something comes along that I WANT, not willing to SETTLE for.

Perhaps some persons would like to slow down the sales of Yamaha’s T4. However, a new Korg arranger would not do that. The Yamaha arranger user and the Korg arranger user a two completely different users. They are like night and day. The new Korg arranger (and yes it is coming) is probably geared to the Audya/Roland/mediastation buyer.

Only time will tell.

------------------
TTG

#295032 - 10/12/10 04:16 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z:
Just spread some anonymous rumors around on the net that have no truth whatsoever, as there are no sources indicated anywhere, and nothing but some anonymous hints and unsubstantiated rumors.

Well said, Rich.

Ian

#295033 - 10/12/10 07:08 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Rich,
I don't have any idea why you think I or anyone else has any interest in slowing down the sales of any product...T4 inclided.
Personally I could cre less about the sales of T4. If folks like it buy it, if not buy something else.

I will say this. YES, it wll slow down some sales of the T4. Choices are a good thing. I expect it will be something special. And it is comming, it's not maybe, it if when that we don't know.

I suspect that people that love the Yamaha in general will mostly stay there...but there are a few that will change if they have grown tired of the same thing over & over, or want features of something new.

I don't ever see any reason to actually BASH any product, just for bashings sake......yes, we can talk about PRO's & CON's and discuss things things that are wrong based on individual needs/wants.

Lee S.

#295034 - 10/12/10 07:15 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

This will all change when the new KORG & Roland Arrangers enter the arena very soon. In the interim it's Tyros 4/Audya clash of the Titans !

#295035 - 10/12/10 07:26 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well said, Rich.

Ian

You mean..?

Quote:
...or the Tyros 4 had offered more black and whites, I may have chosen one of them. But such is not the case, so I just keep my wallet in the pocket until something comes along that I WANT, not willing to SETTLE for.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-12-2010).]

#295036 - 10/12/10 07:45 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Piano players should PLAY a PIANO.

#295037 - 10/12/10 07:48 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

And accordion players should play an accordion..

#295038 - 10/12/10 07:51 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
And accordion players should play an accordion..

exactly...now your getting it...

#295039 - 10/12/10 08:21 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
You mean..?

This....

"Just spread some anonymous rumors around on the net that have no truth whatsoever, as there are no sources indicated anywhere, and nothing but some anonymous hints and unsubstantiated rumors."

You deal with the 76-61 debate...I've already moved on. Bye bye.

Ian

#295040 - 10/13/10 12:33 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
You deal with the 76-61 debate...I've already moved on. Bye bye.

All evidence to the contrary...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-13-2010).]

#295041 - 10/13/10 12:43 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
All evidence to the contrary...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-13-2010).]

Yes I know Diki...I'm guilty as charged.

It will probably happen again, as I don't listen to my own directives any better than you heed your own.

C'est la vie.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-13-2010).]

#295042 - 10/13/10 04:05 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

To mess up the words of the Great King DNJ, 1 2 3 4 cha cha cha.

------------------
TTG

#295043 - 10/13/10 06:18 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
No! Wait, wait! I didn't have the opportunity to wish for a Korg PA based module so that I can use it with my midi accordion or midi keyboard controller or keytar or midi kazoo -when it's available ...
Ciao for now ...:confused

#295044 - 10/13/10 06:37 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
If you would not be disappointed with the new Korg arranger.

I see the crystal ball is out again eh?...

#295045 - 10/14/10 02:04 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Actually Donny,
There are a few people (some here) that know the details of the new Korg...but are under NDA so can not speak.

Lee S.

#295046 - 10/14/10 02:40 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Of course Korg will introduce a new arranger...that's an easy prediction by any of us here.

It would come as a bigger surprise if they did not.

They do have the limited TOTL 76-note market covered, and since their only competitor in that range is Ketron, it is entirely possible they will have a new 76'er.

Ian

#295047 - 10/14/10 04:41 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Maybe they will be the first one to incorporate the synth range with the arranger functions, couldn't think of anything better than an M3 exp with PA2X capabilities, and Karma

#295048 - 10/14/10 08:54 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Actually Donny,
There are a few people (some here) that know the details of the new Korg...but are under NDA so can not speak.

Lee S.

so probably if they are smart as now
tryos 4 is dominating the arranger world they should wait till winter namm

#295049 - 10/14/10 09:22 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Robbo Offline

Interestingly, the PA2X pro is not in the list of products German Site, so may not need to wait that long to see the newby, I doubt Korg will let Yamaha and ketron take sales if they can avoid it, I mean its not like we are talking a couple of bucks here, every sale is a potential large transaction lost, and not necessarilly one you get back very quickly. All I hope is that, 1. they don't have that LED problem again, and 2. considering the lack of additional styles for PA2X they better have a large armanent to bring to the market

#295050 - 10/15/10 08:58 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

IMMINENT.....

#295051 - 10/15/10 10:52 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Interestingly, the PA2X pro is not in the list of products German Site, so may not need to wait that long to see the newby, I doubt Korg will let Yamaha and ketron take sales if they can avoid it, I mean its not like we are talking a couple of bucks here, every sale is a potential large transaction lost, and not necessarilly one you get back very quickly. All I hope is that, 1. they don't have that LED problem again, and 2. considering the lack of additional styles for PA2X they better have a large armanent to bring to the market

what are talking about? I didn't get what you mean. http://www.korg.de/produkte/keyboards-produktbersicht/pa2xpro-produktinfo/pa2xpro-produktinfo.html

#295052 - 10/15/10 01:31 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Robbo Offline

adimatis
Member posted 10-15-2010 10:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Robbo:

what are talking about? I didn't get what you mean. http://www.korg.de/produkte/keyboards-produktbersicht/pa2xpro-produktinfo/pa2xpro-produktinfo.httm

Go to the home page look at the scrolling list of products, you won't see the PA2X pro, first time I can remember that.

#295053 - 10/15/10 01:39 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I understand now. But still, as much as I want to see the new Korg, I don't take this as a sign of anything... I suppose they can not put everything in there. Neither M50 is there for instance, and yet I don't think they want to replace that at this point...

#295054 - 10/30/10 01:42 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

I sure am glad I'm not holding my breath waiting for this *big* announcement.

So to answer your question:
"I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?"

No. I'm not. What is there to get excited about? There is a term for this in the computer business: "Vaporware".....

#295055 - 10/30/10 04:27 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
There is a term for this in the computer business: "Vaporware".

There's also the saying, All good things come to those who wait.

#295056 - 10/30/10 06:31 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I see the crystal ball is out again eh?...

Nah, that's Alladin and the lamp

Now. let's see what there is to see ............

Can't see any arranger kb's, hmmm
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#295057 - 10/30/10 06:48 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

OK, so, if piano players are supposed to play pianos...and accordian players accordians...what should todays organ players play??
(No, I don't mean hammond, I would be bored to death)

Lee S.

#295058 - 10/30/10 07:04 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
don't mean hammond, I would be bored to death)Lee S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbwqs0yqIz0&feature=related

Bored?

#295059 - 10/30/10 08:00 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Look at the way his right hand pinky-finger curls upward as he's going to town on the riffs.

Is that normal?

-mike

#295060 - 10/30/10 10:37 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
To mess up the words of the Great King DNJ, 1 2 3 4 cha cha cha.

That's 6/4, right?

#295061 - 10/30/10 11:37 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
OK, so, if piano players are supposed to play pianos...and accordian players accordians...what should todays organ players play??
(No, I don't mean hammond, I would be bored to death)

Lee S.

What about Roland's Atelier organs?

#295062 - 10/30/10 11:44 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Donny,
To me that's not the organ playing I'm talking about...could not stand it.
Lee S.

#295063 - 10/30/10 01:38 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Donny,
To me that's not the organ playing I'm talking about...could not stand it.
Lee S.

lee please post what yoru talking about for us..

#295064 - 10/30/10 01:58 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
If you like sounds that you can make sound real and you like a keyboard that is innovative, you would not be disappointed with the new Korg arranger.

Again crystal balling?.....& please tell us how you came to that brilliant conclusion?
Oh Yeah BTw you forgot to add
"All Subjective"......

#295065 - 10/30/10 05:23 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Donny,
I have many times...Mostly on Yamaha Stagea.

Stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16oaGSltUPE&feature=related

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABCNLpw61s&feature=related

and
Is this guy having fun or what???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfEmqFGKPW4&feature=related
Kind of an old instrument...but, fun song.

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZhorWvyAA&feature=related

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMw63ueoVw&feature=related

This is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg9NRU9qaRU&feature=related

Leigh W. at the Abacus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztY2UvLEhQ4&feature=related

etc, etc.

Ian, The Roland seems ok, I would rather go Yamaha, if I could. Maybe I'll try one (Roland) somewhere?

Lee S.

#295066 - 10/30/10 05:37 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Again crystal balling?.....& please tell us how you came to that brilliant conclusion?
Oh Yeah BTw you forgot to add
"All Subjective"......

No not crystal balling. But you will see (or should I say hear) soon. May be you may buy one after hearing it. King DNJ?

------------------
TTG

#295067 - 10/31/10 12:11 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

Now, what WAS the topic of this thread again?

#295068 - 10/31/10 12:35 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
There's also the saying, All good things come to those who wait.

There are MANY instances in my life where that is DEFINITELY not true.

Quite honestly, if the Tyros 4 had been a 76 key instrument, or the Audya didn't scare the crap out of me with all the bug issues, I wouldn't be waiting for anything at all from Korg. But right now, there is nothing available that I'm willing to buy, so I really wish they would just crap or get off the pot. Wouldn't be the first time I got all excited about something but the bloom went off the rose before I found what I wanted to buy, and I went on to some other interest instead.

Oh, I actually went and ordered a drum machine, since my old Ensoniq doesn't have anything that even sounds like percussion. Saw some YouTube videos on the Boss DR-880 and it looked like a lot of fun to play with. Plus I got a killer deal on it that I couldn't pass up. I'm planning on dragging one of my computers over to my new "music" room, so maybe I'll wind up doing most stuff from the computer anyway.

Ah, well, maybe for the best. The wife just saw the credit card bill and I'm probably grounded for a while anyway. That new transmission and differential for one of my cars took a BIG bite out of my spending money.

So heck, Korg, take your time. Get all the bugs worked out, because I certainly wouldn't want to get thrown into Audya hell like some people did.

#295069 - 10/31/10 06:30 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Quite honestly, if the Tyros 4 had been a 76 key instrument, or the Audya didn't scare the crap out of me with all the bug issues, I wouldn't be waiting for anything at all from Korg.

That's the thing though, you know you will always have to wait for KORG because you don’t have a choice when it comes to Yamaha or Ketron.

Yamaha's core users don't want 76 keys so they won't make one. Ketron simply lack the resources to fix the Audya and are a rather hopeless case at this point.

KORG on the other hand do develop 76 key keyboards, and they do have the technology and resources to far exceed the competition in function and stability.

I can't say any more than that.

#295070 - 10/31/10 06:51 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Korg needs maybe only two things to REALLY give Yamaha a run for their money. First is more fills. Sorry, guys, I know that those of you used to it say you don't notice it, but every other arranger out there is using about six, plus break/fills or /mutes. Korg, you get two (plus a break/fill). That is flipping EIGHTIES...!

A four variation arranger needs more than two fills. Your four year old can do that math!

And then, any new Korg needs an EXTENSIVE set of brand new (not reworked) samples specifically for the DNC feature (Korg's SA clone). Without a ton of samples recorded specifically to leverage the legato and intervallic articulations, it's a TOTAL waste of space. Imagine a T2-4 with SA, but no samples for it... At least Yamaha 'get it'. The samples and the technology are ONE...

Those two things by themselves ought to push the PA3Xpro towards making it a VERY worthy competitor to the T4...

Just as long as they don't fill it up with useless bloody doo-wop samples!

#295071 - 10/31/10 06:59 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

lol... get ready to sell your G70.

#295072 - 10/31/10 08:13 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

James
Hmmmmmm, I think I like what I think you just said, in respone to his post...Nothing to do with Diki (he's right on this).

Maybe at NAAM, the beans will be spilt.
Lee S.

#295073 - 10/31/10 08:35 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol... get ready to sell your G70.

James, the features I would miss and actually would keep me from selling the G70..are features that none of the other brands do ..or do as well..

I would definitely miss the chord reads of SMF's a measure before hand , besides the current measure...also the "smart" harmonizer that analyzes the chord for harmonies from the SMF without designating a midi channel...and finally the make up tools that are not matched by anyone...

The draw bar organ , although not perfect..is sure a better system than anyone else is offering..

There are many sounds that are not surpassed by the other brands..I still take the pianos over other brands, and the Scat and vocals are still better than competitors...

Now if Korg addressed these features and matched the capabilities of these features and sounds....of course it would look more appealing to me...but for now and apparently the foreseeable future..it won't be possible for me to consider any other board at this time..The G70 works too good...

I would also hope that Korg addresses the OS, that seems to be so outdated..

Korg already has a decent key bed (only the Pro model..not the Pa800 and 500)...and the quality built (again only the Pro model)..

The Korg PA2x and the Audya are the only keyboards that I would consider..but either of them have the things I need and use...the G70 still delivers..

#295074 - 10/31/10 08:46 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow, apparently James is on to something but hesitant to spill the beans. So I guess Korg is trying to keep it a secret until it's finally released?? James' obvious excitement i.e. "get ready to sell your G70" appears to put the release sooner rather than later so I'm guessing winter NAMM '11 could be the big announcement or if not winter NAMM then possibly at Musikmesse.

You know, I've never owned a Korg arranger, for one, because I found the OS layout on the PA series to be rather cumbersome and difficult to navigate. Hopefully the PAX3/PRO will improve things in that regard. We'll see... and hopefully very soon. Thanks for piquing our interest in a possibly soon to be released new Korg arranger James. Hopefully the hype will meet expectations. There is a difference between the two you realize.

All the best,
Mikee

#295075 - 10/31/10 09:00 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-31-2010).]

#295076 - 10/31/10 09:11 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
I would definitely miss the chord reads of SMF's a measure before hand , besides the current measure...also the "smart" harmonizer that analyzes the chord for harmonies from the SMF without designating a midi channel

Yes, very clever stuff there.

Quote:
The draw bar organ , although not perfect..is sure a better system than anyone else is offering..

Quote:
There are many sounds that are not surpassed by the other brands..I still take the pianos over other brands, and the Scat and vocals are still better than competitors...

Have you ever considered sampling them?
When I move to a new KORG keyboard I sometimes have to take a few sounds with me. I've got about 22 sounds on my OASYS at this stage that come from 4 different KORG's I've owned and sold over the years.

There's no sense in being without our favourites.

Quote:
I would also hope that Korg addresses the OS, that seems to be so outdated..

Other than merging sample sets which everyone moans about, do you have any other specific issues about the OS?

Quote:
Korg already has a decent key bed (only the Pro model..not the Pa800 and 500)...and the quality built (again only the Pro model)..
The Korg PA2x and the Audya are the only keyboards that I would consider..but either of them have the things I need and use...the G70 still delivers.

Yeah, that's a safe bet. The FATAR beds they use on the pro models are very good.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 10-31-2010).]

#295077 - 10/31/10 02:32 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

I sure hope we don't have to wait until April! To find ot what it is.
January is bad enough...
:-)
Lee S.

#295078 - 10/31/10 02:45 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Fran,
Here is the piano I use on the PA2XPRO...James (Irish Acts) and my friend Rob (doing the demo)in Greece created this sound for the PA2XPRO. My very small contribution was beta tester, as they were putting the finals on it.
http://www.irishacts.com/mp3/09-piano-demo1.mp3
http://www.irishacts.com/mp3/09-piano-demo2.mp3

So I'm real happy with the Grand Piano.

Also, Are you aware the PA2XPRO has full drawbar digital organ with sliders for all the footages?

It's pretty good too.

Lee S.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online