SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#295065 - 10/30/10 05:23 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,
I have many times...Mostly on Yamaha Stagea.

Stuff like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16oaGSltUPE&feature=related

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vABCNLpw61s&feature=related

and
Is this guy having fun or what???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfEmqFGKPW4&feature=related
Kind of an old instrument...but, fun song.

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZhorWvyAA&feature=related

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaMw63ueoVw&feature=related

This is cool too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg9NRU9qaRU&feature=related

Leigh W. at the Abacus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztY2UvLEhQ4&feature=related

etc, etc.

Ian, The Roland seems ok, I would rather go Yamaha, if I could. Maybe I'll try one (Roland) somewhere?

Lee S.

#295066 - 10/30/10 05:37 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Again crystal balling?.....& please tell us how you came to that brilliant conclusion?
Oh Yeah BTw you forgot to add
"All Subjective"......

No not crystal balling. But you will see (or should I say hear) soon. May be you may buy one after hearing it. King DNJ?

------------------
TTG

#295067 - 10/31/10 12:11 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

Now, what WAS the topic of this thread again?

#295068 - 10/31/10 12:35 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Rich Z Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
There's also the saying, All good things come to those who wait.

There are MANY instances in my life where that is DEFINITELY not true.

Quite honestly, if the Tyros 4 had been a 76 key instrument, or the Audya didn't scare the crap out of me with all the bug issues, I wouldn't be waiting for anything at all from Korg. But right now, there is nothing available that I'm willing to buy, so I really wish they would just crap or get off the pot. Wouldn't be the first time I got all excited about something but the bloom went off the rose before I found what I wanted to buy, and I went on to some other interest instead.

Oh, I actually went and ordered a drum machine, since my old Ensoniq doesn't have anything that even sounds like percussion. Saw some YouTube videos on the Boss DR-880 and it looked like a lot of fun to play with. Plus I got a killer deal on it that I couldn't pass up. I'm planning on dragging one of my computers over to my new "music" room, so maybe I'll wind up doing most stuff from the computer anyway.

Ah, well, maybe for the best. The wife just saw the credit card bill and I'm probably grounded for a while anyway. That new transmission and differential for one of my cars took a BIG bite out of my spending money.

So heck, Korg, take your time. Get all the bugs worked out, because I certainly wouldn't want to get thrown into Audya hell like some people did.

#295069 - 10/31/10 06:30 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Quite honestly, if the Tyros 4 had been a 76 key instrument, or the Audya didn't scare the crap out of me with all the bug issues, I wouldn't be waiting for anything at all from Korg.

That's the thing though, you know you will always have to wait for KORG because you don’t have a choice when it comes to Yamaha or Ketron.

Yamaha's core users don't want 76 keys so they won't make one. Ketron simply lack the resources to fix the Audya and are a rather hopeless case at this point.

KORG on the other hand do develop 76 key keyboards, and they do have the technology and resources to far exceed the competition in function and stability.

I can't say any more than that.

#295070 - 10/31/10 06:51 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Korg needs maybe only two things to REALLY give Yamaha a run for their money. First is more fills. Sorry, guys, I know that those of you used to it say you don't notice it, but every other arranger out there is using about six, plus break/fills or /mutes. Korg, you get two (plus a break/fill). That is flipping EIGHTIES...!

A four variation arranger needs more than two fills. Your four year old can do that math!

And then, any new Korg needs an EXTENSIVE set of brand new (not reworked) samples specifically for the DNC feature (Korg's SA clone). Without a ton of samples recorded specifically to leverage the legato and intervallic articulations, it's a TOTAL waste of space. Imagine a T2-4 with SA, but no samples for it... At least Yamaha 'get it'. The samples and the technology are ONE...

Those two things by themselves ought to push the PA3Xpro towards making it a VERY worthy competitor to the T4...

Just as long as they don't fill it up with useless bloody doo-wop samples!

#295071 - 10/31/10 06:59 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
lol... get ready to sell your G70.

#295072 - 10/31/10 08:13 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James
Hmmmmmm, I think I like what I think you just said, in respone to his post...Nothing to do with Diki (he's right on this).

Maybe at NAAM, the beans will be spilt.
Lee S.

#295073 - 10/31/10 08:35 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol... get ready to sell your G70.

James, the features I would miss and actually would keep me from selling the G70..are features that none of the other brands do ..or do as well..

I would definitely miss the chord reads of SMF's a measure before hand , besides the current measure...also the "smart" harmonizer that analyzes the chord for harmonies from the SMF without designating a midi channel...and finally the make up tools that are not matched by anyone...

The draw bar organ , although not perfect..is sure a better system than anyone else is offering..

There are many sounds that are not surpassed by the other brands..I still take the pianos over other brands, and the Scat and vocals are still better than competitors...

Now if Korg addressed these features and matched the capabilities of these features and sounds....of course it would look more appealing to me...but for now and apparently the foreseeable future..it won't be possible for me to consider any other board at this time..The G70 works too good...

I would also hope that Korg addresses the OS, that seems to be so outdated..

Korg already has a decent key bed (only the Pro model..not the Pa800 and 500)...and the quality built (again only the Pro model)..

The Korg PA2x and the Audya are the only keyboards that I would consider..but either of them have the things I need and use...the G70 still delivers..

#295074 - 10/31/10 08:46 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow, apparently James is on to something but hesitant to spill the beans. So I guess Korg is trying to keep it a secret until it's finally released?? James' obvious excitement i.e. "get ready to sell your G70" appears to put the release sooner rather than later so I'm guessing winter NAMM '11 could be the big announcement or if not winter NAMM then possibly at Musikmesse.

You know, I've never owned a Korg arranger, for one, because I found the OS layout on the PA series to be rather cumbersome and difficult to navigate. Hopefully the PAX3/PRO will improve things in that regard. We'll see... and hopefully very soon. Thanks for piquing our interest in a possibly soon to be released new Korg arranger James. Hopefully the hype will meet expectations. There is a difference between the two you realize.

All the best,
Mikee

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online