SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#294724 - 10/21/10 02:37 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, but I disagree. Nothing intrinsically wrong with the sound. Idiomatic playing would have made it MUCH better. Play ANY electric guitar sound as stiffly, and it will sound as bad.

Guitars, and saxes. Probably the two MOST difficult sounds to PLAY correctly. But PLAY them correctly, and the sound itself is of much less importance. Listen to Jan Hammer making a Moog, for Pete's sake, sound EXACTLY like a guitar...

#294725 - 10/21/10 02:38 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, guys. Too little, too late. As they say, you never get a second chance to make a first impression!

who cares?

#294726 - 10/21/10 02:38 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
These things would never get made if the manufacturers had to rely on people that CAN play!

Sheesh! I had to read through a lot of crap over the last few days to finally find one pearl of wisdom. Don't pick on me, I'm sick (just kidding.....sick people shouldn't throw stuff out there if they can't handle the response ). Now please bear with me; I'm not a huge fan of Rob Thomas but I am a HUGE fan of Santana. I know you've heard this tune a million times and if you don't like it, or don't understand what I'm trying to say, just move on to the next post; this post is not for you. I ask you to listen (and watch) this video in it's ENTIRETY (there's a break before the REAL end and there is some serious percussion going on during that stretch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-y2LUh-9AA&feature=related

I'm saying, listen to what's going on there and ask yourself what ANYbody in that band (much less Chester Thompson) would think about ANY Arranger keyboard, be it red, black, green, 76, 61, 88, 'in your face' drums (ha, ha), SA1/2/3/4/5/6 sounds, or came with a complimentary date with Meagan Fox. These guys are musicians and electrify their audiences (not half-dead seniors) with their MUSICIANSHIP, not pre-programmed styles.

I have lots of fun with my arrangers and really enjoy playing them from time to time at home. I usually only get annoyed (which I really have no right to be - what business is it of mine) when people start acting as though their arranger keyboard (or at least the next model of it) is automatically going to transform them into some kind of legitimate A level musician. I just don't think that people like Rory, for instance, got to their current level of expertise by sitting around waiting on the next latest, greatest feature set or sparkling new styles on their arranger keyboards.

Normally this doesn't bother me until I see over 200 posts dedicated to periodically regurgitated bullsh-t. But, I'm sure the original poster is very happy with the predictably high post count that occurs whenever these stupid conversations appear. The big question; how much is TTG being paid to keep fanning it back to life when it should have died after the second post?

Okay, obviously I'm feeling a little better now .

chas

#294727 - 10/21/10 02:41 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Sorry, but I disagree. Nothing intrinsically wrong with the sound. Idiomatic playing would have made it MUCH better. Play ANY electric guitar sound as stiffly, and it will sound as bad.

Guitars, and saxes. Probably the two MOST difficult sounds to PLAY correctly. But PLAY them correctly, and the sound itself is of much less importance. Listen to Jan Hammer making a Moog, for Pete's sake, sound EXACTLY like a guitar...

Well it was a little sarcasm from me to the post of Ian

#294728 - 10/21/10 02:47 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Well it was a little sarcasm from me to the post of Ian

Sorry it slipped by me, then...

#294729 - 10/21/10 02:55 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

Thank God for that...! It got kinda lonely in here.

As I said on the silly 76 thread, that wouldn't have got past 20 posts if those that had no stake in the issue and didn't care one way or the other had simply kept out of it.

I simply don't get the Yamaha zealots. Do you honestly think a Korg or Roland or Ketron thread getting so pumped up by their devotees would occur? Yamaha isn't a brand... it's a religion. And you KNOW how dangerous it is to contradict anyone's religion

Glad you are with us again, chas. How long will it be before you can play out again? Live, that is, not on an arranger...

#294730 - 10/21/10 03:12 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
As I said on the silly 76 thread, that wouldn't have got past 20 posts if those that had no stake in the issue and didn't care one way or the other had simply kept out of it.

Hey, it wouldn't have needed to go to 2 posts, if you had provided some hard proof.

That's what makes it even sillier.

Saying you believe a company can't make a certain instrument, and then asking for them to make it in the next breath is even more moronic.

I'd call you a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse...which you clearly love to do.

Ian

#294731 - 10/21/10 03:18 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Diki Offline

Opinions round here only need hard proof if they are contra-Yamaha. Every other opinion (including yours) apparently is just dandy remaining an opinion...

BTW, watch those meds doses. They seem to be affecting you adversely. Or did I just make a cartoon of the Prophet, in your eyes?

Sorry, chas... had no idea Ian was so unstable.

#294732 - 10/21/10 03:19 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

chas

Of course you are, dear...you got Diki all riled up again...you are so naughty.

You just want to see him go all crazy again...it is fun, I must agree.

It is so good to see you posting...even if it is bordering on the delusional...must be those meds. Ha Ha.

Ian

#294733 - 10/21/10 03:19 PM Re: It's the Player baby NOT the machine.....great KORG demo...
Dnj Offline

if you purists dont like arrangers as it is so obvious by you many post current and in the past....why bother even hanging around an Arranger Keyboard forum or players....then when and if you guys ever post anything "yea right" it's less then stellar' but you have the balls to criticize people on here abouy't every freaking thing possible ....all BS ! ....
I hope no one else takes this crap seriously I certainly don't....try to fool someone else will ya? you really dont think people think your all that do you?sheeeeeeeeeeesh!

btw chas hope you feeling better.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online