SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#29462 - 07/18/07 02:59 AM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
zzprod Offline

left of center, between the screen (which you can't see when you open the keyboard) and the power supply. this is from memory so i hope i'm not misleading you. it is very small, like a laptop hd, and it is hidden under a board.

#29463 - 07/21/07 12:26 PM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
I haven't had the chance to do this yet since it's been in the bar every night, but by wednesday I have a night off. Lst night it happened a lot though and worse, when I would turn it back on, it wouldn't show the hard drive. It would only go to the floppy disk and not "switch over". I'm assuming
this MUST have to do with connections inside, or could it even be a HD
error?

I'm panicking because I'm singing 6 nights a week and I don't have
time to take this to Montreal to get it fixed.

I just wanted confirmation from someone on the tech side of things
that they recognize this error and what all my options are.

#29464 - 08/05/07 07:31 AM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
For 99% is the hard disk try not to play hard the keys when midi play and - or put the keyboard in a good keyboard stand on the floor (away from any vibrating dancing floor,and Bass speakers)
when you have day off try to open the keyboard and firm good the HD connectors

#29465 - 08/05/07 08:19 PM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Do NOT re-install the OS unless absolutely necessary. But, yes, do it if you only have a few programs to re-install.

Now work by the process of elimination. Your processor might be overloaded or another program might be interfering. This is what I do...see if it works for you.

Turn ALL programs off. Go into "safe" mode if you can play a MIDI file there. If you're not in safe mode it's OK too. Make sure any running programs are turned off (except Explorer). Go to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to turn everything off. Only your MIDI player should be running.

Now play the questionable file (or any music file you're having trouble with). If it plays enough times with no errors then you know the file is good, and the problem is another program affecting the playing of it. If you STILL have the problem, then you've eliminated other programs affecting it...or...processor overload.

I assume you're doing virus checks regularly. You might have a bug in there.

#29466 - 08/08/07 07:27 AM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks for the advice guys, but you're misunderstanding the problem a little..

There is nothing at all wrong with the files themselves. that's ruled out.

It can only be the HARD DRIVE itseld, the HD Controller, or possibly connections between them.

This happens in a sporadic way on any midi file and it not repeatable either. It doesn't even turn out the same way. Sometimes the music will just stop and sustain as if the pedal was pushed and then a couple of seconds later it comes back and it sounds like it's played everything it's missed all in a rush and keep going. At that point even the metronome meter may not match what it's playing anymore.

The other major thing is that it just stops plauing and goes blank and to a screeen that says [I/O] ERROR.

Then I have to restart it and if I'm lucky, the hard drive will show. If not, it'll only keep trying to boot from a floppy and its restarts again.

It stopped doing it just over two weeks ago so I'm praying it's an anomaloy that will stay away enough for me to get through this next month. then I'm not such a crazy schedule.

#29467 - 08/14/07 03:34 PM Re: What does I/O Error mean??
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
harddisk in/out problem...i had some problem 3 years ago...i was contact to aj via this board.. and here the solution:just open the back panel of the sd1. you will see the HD unit middle of the board.. and just push the connectors..it will fix it....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online