SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#292678 - 09/11/10 08:13 PM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
to the genesys Offline

Ian I see you found a friend to talk in circles with you.

The thing is the longer Roland stays out of the TOTL arranger market, the more difficult it would be for them to get back in and be successful. Especially with Roland’s marketing and product placement.

So are MOTL and TOTL arrangers for professionals or for home players?

OK everyone go back in the circle.

#292679 - 09/11/10 08:24 PM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
Dnj Offline

Oh Boy the crystal balls are out again/......why cant everyone just wait and see?

#292680 - 09/12/10 12:26 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Oh Boy the crystal balls are out again/......why cant everyone just wait and see?

Because its fun....

Any way... So i guess its up to Korg to be innovative... I think they might replace the M3 somewhere next year and maybe also the PA line

http://keyszone.boards.net

#292681 - 09/12/10 01:20 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
Ian I see you found a friend to talk in circles with you.

The thing is the longer Roland stays out of the TOTL arranger market, the more difficult it would be for them to get back in and be successful. Especially with Roland’s marketing and product placement.

So are MOTL and TOTL arrangers for professionals or for home players?

OK everyone go back in the circle.

All arrangers are designed specifically for the home hobby player, always have been, and probably always will be.

Bill

#292682 - 09/12/10 03:18 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
All arrangers are designed specifically for the home hobby player, always have been, and probably always will be.

Bill

You and I know that. But Ian’s comments on that point are going around in circles.
Ian’s response to Fran talking about Casio.
“Unfortunately, they do not make any arrangers with enough professional features to compete with the high and mid models of Yamaha and Korg, and at one time, Roland”
If arrangers are for home users why would Casio or any other manufacturer make arrangers with professional features?

#292683 - 09/12/10 05:51 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Bill

Well said Bill...a lot of my clients are advanced home players who would appreciate professional grade features.

Quite a few of them also played as pros in bands and orchestras when they were younger, and due to jobs, marriages and kids, had to put playing aside temporarily.

Now, in retirement, they have the money and the time to enjoy an advanced mid or high end arranger keyboard, and some also find the time to go out and perform as a one man band or duo, entering the pro world once again.

Ian

#292684 - 09/12/10 07:17 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Well said Bill...a lot of my clients are advanced home players who would appreciate professional grade features.

Quite a few of them also played as pros in bands and orchestras when they were younger, and due to jobs, marriages and kids, had to put playing aside temporarily.

Now, in retirement, they have the money and the time to enjoy an advanced mid or high end arranger keyboard, and some also find the time to go out and perform as a one man band or duo, entering the pro world once again.

Ian

Round and Round Ian’s contradictions goes. Where he stops no one knows.

#292685 - 09/12/10 08:47 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Bill

Thats not entirely true.

Korg has allways been aiming at musicians in general and not so much at homeplayers with their arranger lines...

Thats why Korg adds a professionall 76 keys version and a class A harmonizer and more things.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#292686 - 09/12/10 11:34 AM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Thats not entirely true.

Korg has allways been aiming at musicians in general and not so much at homeplayers with their arranger lines...

Thats why Korg adds a professionall 76 keys version and a class A harmonizer and more things.

I agree with you..and I count the G70 in the same class..

#292687 - 09/12/10 12:32 PM Re: Whats up with ROLAND?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I wish we would all stop making such a big deal about the difference between 'home' and 'pro' arrangers. There is NO SUCH THING. There are merely 'basic' and 'advanced' arrangers. Just as there are 'basic' pro players, and 'advanced' home players. What a player needs has got VERY little to do with whether they are gigging or not. Especially when it comes to features like keyboard size (bet you there are FAR more home pianists than pro ones!) or the desire for a good vocalizer.

There's only one reason anyone would call an arranger 'home' or 'pro', and it's all about how that person perceives themselves. But the needed capabilities are exactly the same. Personally, I can't think of a single 'pro' feature that an advanced home player wouldn't use.

But once you get past the hot button words of 'home' and 'pro', what we end up arguing about, usually in the most asinine way, is whether 'advanced' features should be on an arranger. And who, in their right minds, thinks that THAT is a bad idea? Bring them on! The more, the merrier You are deluding yourself if you think that only gigging pros appreciate them.

I know of totally amateur players that could play circles around some of the 'real deal' so-called pros that post here. How come what THEY want is considered 'pro'?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online