#292002 - 09/11/10 05:47 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Good things come to those that wait!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-11-2010).][/B]

Diki,

You never have, and never will be able to put true-full words like those ones. I only hope, that we all can remember them.

Thanks !!!!

[This message has been edited by Machetero (edited 09-11-2010).]

#292003 - 09/11/10 05:55 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
Diki,

You never have, and never will be able to put true-full words like those ones. I only hope, that we all can remember them.

Thanks !!!!

[.]

I hope I can remember them when I start playing the Tyros4, but I have a feeling my memory will fail.

Of course, having a new Tyros4 in my studio is certainly not a bad thing.

At 61, I'm not much in the mood for waiting...life is short enough.

Ian

#292004 - 09/11/10 07:02 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
I hear you...I'm 61 too!
I just watched a special on PBS featuring Broadway musical theatre...Wonderful.
Lee S.

#292005 - 09/11/10 08:02 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm really excited about this. If they've indeed added 30 drum kits, I can't ask for more. It will make the board sound entirely different. Hopefully they also added some realistic bass samples.

Frankly I don't give a hoot about the onboard styles as I literally don't use a single one during my performances. I'm totally custom.

There are 2 things I wish the T4 would add:
- more flash RAM. 6mb is an improvement but on my Korg Pa2x I had 20MB and it still wasn't enough
- compatibility with mainstream samples

#292006 - 09/11/10 09:10 PM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
to the genesys Offline

The flash memory is good but remember if you max out the flash memory it could take the T4 some time to load.

Yamaha is going to release sounds for the XF I wonder if you would be able to load the XF sounds on the T4?

I think although the T4 is not a major upgrade, it is a good way of keeping the Tyros line fresh at almost no cost to Yamaha.

#292007 - 09/12/10 12:28 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
IS this anything more then a cosmetic upgrade to an 8 year old "technology" product?

its the 3rd time yammaha updates their Tyros line with nothing but some fluff..

Where is the inovation that could save the arranger product in general?

And then made from PLASTIC , plastic by name plastic by nature! Did I just say that, wait for the BOOOOOM ! They burn well!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#292008 - 09/12/10 12:51 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
They did exactl;y the same as with the Motif...

Couldn't they just have made a Flash memmory update that would fit in the T3's dimm memmory slots?

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 09-11-2010).]

No Bachus, then you wouldn't be buying a new KB, in other words you would be buying plastic with your plastic.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#292009 - 09/12/10 01:07 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Flash RAM is going to change the game, albeit expensively, but Yamaha are still locked into their own
proprietary multisample format, no Akai import or Soundfonts etc., so the choice you get to fill it
will still remain in Yamaha's (so far) miserly hands. It is LONG past time Yamaha opened up their samplers
(Motif's have the same problem) to the largest sample collection out there.

I beleive the XF allows you to import samples and soundsets from your favourite VST's.

Can't those be tranformed to T4 format (if it isn't allready the same)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#292010 - 09/12/10 05:41 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
I beleive the XF allows you to import samples and soundsets from your favourite VST's.

Can't those be tranformed to T4 format (if it isn't allready the same)

DREAMS, DREAMS, DREAMS........

#292011 - 09/12/10 11:47 AM Re: Tyros 4 Sneek Preview
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Unless things have changed radically, all Yamaha allow you to do is either import their sound format,
already formatted for the Tyros, with the multisamples and vel-splits and voice programming
already done. But they are expensive and Yamaha release VERY few... after all these years bitching,
Yamaha have STILL to release a good drum kit in sampler form. Talk about NOT listening to your
customers! Currently, there are only a tiny few choices, and the Tyros has had a sampler on board
since the T1, haven't they? That works out to maybe one sound a year, on average! Hardly enough to
justify the capability, honestly.

After that, Yamaha have NO multisample import. That means, if you are trying to import a soundfont set, or
the raw data of a VSTi, you have to laboriously import each and every single sample, which can run to
HUNDREDS for a multi-velocity piano or drum kit, etc.. THEN you have to make sure that the pitch
range and velocity range is exactly the same as how each sample is used in the original instrument, THEN
you have to voice each sample with the voice programming yourself...

On a Korg, you can import Akai multisample sets in one go. All the samples, already mapped out onto the
keyboard for you... Yes, you'll STILL have to do the voice programming (unless you can substitute the
multisample for a ROM set of the same kind of sound, and use some voice programming already worked out
- but it's still pretty heavily dependent on how the sample sounds), but you have saved yourself HOURS,
if not days, recreating a complex multisample layout.

Having the capability to do something, but making it so labor-intensive generally means that VERY few will
actually use it. Yamaha need to add Akai and soundfont import if they want people to take the
sampler seriously on a Tyros. Currently, it is a mere marketing hook, forcing you to buy your voices (VERY
expensively) from Yamaha, when they are generous enough to even make any...

The MoXF's voice architecture is very different from the T4's. I highly doubt you will be able to import XF
voices into a T4.

You want to make a product that will sell well, James? Make a program that automatically converts Akai
multisamples into Yamaha's format!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-12-2010).]

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online