SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#29152 - 01/30/06 01:18 PM Just Bought SD1+
Tony Hughes Offline

I have just bought a SD1 Plus - I intend to keep it having just given away my Yamaha US1 - I was told to buy the SD1 because I would run out of keys for the left hand buying a little Tyros - I am not certain the Ketron will hold it's price if I should decide to get rid of it - a bit like a big petrol car in the UK - the manual is a bit- heavy going - and there appear to be gaps that could be filled or is it just me.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29153 - 01/30/06 01:32 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
hi tony, congrats on your new 'board...i have the midjay and i find the manual for that very easy to read and understand, but like you, i find it has BIG gaps in the information supplied.
anyhoo, enjoy your music
dennis

#29154 - 01/30/06 03:08 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
It's really good keyboard, good drums first of all.You'll be happy..after a while of searching how's working.I had Roland before,so I still have a lot of missuderstandings,the manual is not so helpful in all situations..but I'm ok with my sd1+.Good luck,
Vio

#29155 - 01/30/06 03:13 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
viocaia Offline

BTW, there is a software for tweaking midis and efects+vocalizer..I found it very useful,you should try it...SD1 MAstering Studio from http://www.soundcompany.net/sd1/mastering_studio/

#29156 - 01/30/06 04:47 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
congratulations. I got my sd1+ for xmas.
The manuals heavy reading, but after a while, it all starts to make sense.
I think I've read it about 3 times by now, and I'm still learning new functions.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to translate too well,and there is the odd gap.
Miss not having a list of the drum maps like the roland & yammies have at the back of the manual. May be a good reason for it, as it appears the drums can actually be mapped to suit oneself.

The SD has some great functions.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29157 - 01/30/06 08:10 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
Tony Hughes Offline

Thanks all for the reassurance - I thought it was me about the manual - I think I'll need to read it more than 3 times - I take it on the loo now - Sad - can see I will be learning the SD1+ for a long time - I think this will be my last instrument - I am 62 next - if my hearing starts to go I will miss all those rich sounds - thanks all !

Tony

PS BTW Viocaia that address does'nt work

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-30-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-30-2006).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29158 - 01/31/06 08:36 AM Re: Just Bought SD1+
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Here's a few observations or things that may be of interest.

The "save enter" button becomes very important.

If you adjust the volumne setting within a style, you save it by entering "save/enter" , pressing "save style" (F2?) and confirming by pressing F9.

If you adjust global settings, press "save enter" button and press F3 for Power on set up. The keyboard takes snap shots and saves them , all under the "save enter" button !

Also ...most of the styles on the 2nd or 3 pages of the category, were born on the X1 keyboard. All of the X1 styles carried over to the SD1plus, need volumne levels raised within each part of the style.

Make your adjustments by selecting the style, press F5 for "arrange view", you will now see the individual parts next to all the Function Buttons (F1 - F10) .. press the part and use the value plus button to increase volumne levels... After raising the volumnes.. press save/enter !

Dan O'

Former SD1 demo guy ....

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Korg
http://www.baltimoremusiccenter.com
1-866-348-8876

#29159 - 01/31/06 12:49 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Dan01,
wasn't quite aware of that. Realized there was a difference between the Flash styles in Capital letters and the internal styles in small letters, just wasn't aware they were the same as the x1 styles.
Will make my style sorting easier.
Thank you
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DanO1:
[B]
Also ...most of the styles on the 2nd or 3 pages of the category, were born on the X1 keyboard. All of the X1 styles carried over to the SD1plus, need volumne levels raised within each part of the style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29160 - 02/01/06 08:57 AM Re: Just Bought SD1+
viocaia Offline

About SD1 Mastering Studio
That's funny...the adress is openning to me.Try again, maybe they were doing something with the page.Or try this one.. www.soundcompany.net

#29161 - 02/01/06 01:39 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Congratulations on your SD1 plus.
I can remember getting my SD1 a few years back and going through the manual. It does get easier after time and the way it operates will soon start to sink into the old brain cells

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online