SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#29162 - 02/02/06 05:41 AM Re: Just Bought SD1+
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
Hi Tony:
There is an old story that says if you stick enough Monkeys in a room with typewriters they will eventually type an exact copy of a Shakespere Play.
I decided to put this theory to a test.
At great expense I purchased 5,000 monkees
and 5,000 typewriters. You guessed it -
they typed the Ketron SD1 Manual.
Bruce

#29163 - 02/02/06 08:55 AM Re: Just Bought SD1+
Tony Hughes Offline

Doh Brucey !

I know I said the manual was heavy going but that takes the cake - does anyone else feel the same way.

May be a few pretty pics with arrows pointing to things would help, monkies surely can't do that - or could yours, BTW what did you do with the 5000 after the Manual was finished.

Don't let this thread get out of hand - I will finally figure it out before I die.

Hoping Tony

PS the sounds are still great. I think sometimes things go a drift in a translation, think of it you were Russian.
Perhaps if you were Russian you wouldn't be
able to afford a SD1.

Quote:
Originally posted by brmoore:
Hi Tony:
There is an old story that says if you stick enough Monkeys in a room with typewriters they will eventually type an exact copy of a Shakespere Play.
I decided to put this theory to a test.
At great expense I purchased 5,000 monkees
and 5,000 typewriters. You guessed it -
they typed the Ketron SD1 Manual.
Bruce
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29164 - 02/02/06 09:22 AM Re: Just Bought SD1+
brmoore Offline

Hi Tony;
Since you asked - I did not have the heart to destroy the 5,000 monkeys so I
shipped them off to Ancora, Italy where they are now all working in the Customer Service Department at Ketron.
Bruce

#29165 - 02/02/06 01:46 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell Bruce,

Did your SD1 blow a fuse or you.

Where did it all start to go wrong for you, I bought a water bed recently - since then me and my wife have drifted apart.

Dare I say good luck with your SD1.

Or shall I just throw my cap in first.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#29166 - 02/02/06 02:16 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
I think it's translated from Italian.
Can't work out which is worse, the Technics manuals weren't too bad ( sometimes not enough detail).
Yamaha's sometimes left you up in the air
( tell you it could do something, then neglected to tell you how).
Korgs were pretty good, though a lot of people think the operating system is complex,
Rolands went into a great deal of detail which was good ( even though I didn't always understand it all.)
I think Ketron manual lacks detail.Some of the typo errors don't help either.

Been working my way through Pattern editing & how to create styles using a sequencer midied to the ketron.
Great explanation. Needed to know what type of chord ( maj ,min or 7th) to base a style on.
Manuals says create it in D0 Major( dah) , Took me a while to figure that one out. Some ketron members suggested it refers to the cmaj chord as in do ra me fa (as in the Sound of Music( never was much good at singing.
Anyway Tony, if you get stuck with anything specific, maybe someone can help.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
[B]

I know I said the manual was heavy going but that takes the cake - does anyone else feel the same way.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#29167 - 02/02/06 06:03 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
brmoore Offline

Hi Tony:
Don't get me wrong - I love my SD1+, but
find it hard to believe that Ketron can't spend a few extra dollars to get someone who
reads and writes English to write their manuals.
I have written to them on numerous occasions suggesting that they include a large sized bottle of Tylenol with every manual.
I could be wrong, but as far as I know no other keyboard has a Manual out that tries to explain how to use the original manual (written by AJ). The fact that it became a Best Seller should tell you something.
Bruce

#29168 - 02/02/06 08:33 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
Tony Hughes Offline

Appears to me that AJ is our man, would be a good thing for us all to post little goodies when we stumble onto them - like simply increasing the volume on a Timbre and storing it, the buttons are a mind field, I fly light aircraft and it's more daunting than that console.

Good Luck

Tony

Manchester UK

#29169 - 02/03/06 12:03 PM Re: Just Bought SD1+
CHALKY u.k Offline

Loc: U.K
Tony, the AJ manual is available direct from him.Dosen't go into as much depth as origional manual but tells all you need to know to get going.
Chalky u.k

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online