SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#290240 - 07/16/10 11:56 AM Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
This is posted on milesmusic:

"All European Yamaha keyboard dealers are invited by Yamaha for a Tyros4 demo.
This demo will take place at the end of September 2010.
Then we will finally know what it will bring us, I may hope.

The Tyros4 will available ( for sale ) at the end of this year."

#290241 - 07/16/10 12:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Start Dumping your Tyros 2 & 3's Now before they lose resale value big time upon T4 release.....looking forward to the new
S Series units also.

Thanx for the heads up.

#290242 - 07/16/10 01:03 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I got mine already

#290243 - 07/16/10 01:20 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

Frank

should i wait for the Tyros 4
or get the AUDYA 4/5 ??

#290244 - 07/16/10 01:30 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey I will go out on a limb....there will never be a Tyros 4....Yamaha has milked the Tyros thing to the limit already..

#290245 - 07/16/10 01:31 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Donny's advice is still good advice..

#290246 - 07/16/10 02:01 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I heard that Yamaha was going to change the name to Roytos 4.

Sorry Scott...had to say something smart

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 07-16-2010).]

#290247 - 07/16/10 02:05 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Frank

should i wait for the Tyros 4
or get the AUDYA 4/5 ??

Buy a Yamaha Guitar. You have a G70 already. Why worry about another arranger?.

#290248 - 07/16/10 02:40 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I hope that there isn't another Tyros coming out. The whole tyros thing is boring already, not that I don't welcome a new keyboard. But call it anything but Tyros. I hope that it isn't thier 2 year typical upgrade, of which could have been on the tyros 3 or 2. I guess that we will have to wait and see.

#290249 - 07/17/10 07:25 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Bachus Offline

So the Tyros gets another minor update? For me its still the same Tyros after all those years.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#290250 - 07/17/10 09:54 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Let's think about this a minute okay guys and gals? Yamaha is coming out with their next top of the line arranger for the holidays (or so they say - not Yamaha themselves of course - but rumors from the rumor mill) i.e. probably around late November so they benefit from the Christmas shopping season which would help jump start initial sales and also get the buzz flowing throughout the arranger community and the whole keyboard community on the whole. It's interesting that Yamaha has produced such a major upgrade (supposedly ) in just two years but not all that uncommon when you realize they've done it before on their workstation line e.g. Motif to Motif ES in roughly 2 year's time as well.

What is even more interesting is Steve Deming a while back hinting about the possibility of Yamaha going the distance to produce a 76 key PRO version or at least him saying he hoped our wish would be granted from Yamaha Japan. He always seemed to down play the prospect before but his 76 key interjection a while back could prove fruitful when the Tyros4 (or whatever they decide to call it) is officially announced in a couple months (or so the rumor mill says anyway). I won't get too excited of course but I will try and stay positive and hope Yamaha comes through on their end with a 76 key version.

Okay, now that things are beginning to "stir" let's go over a few things that Yamaha might be doing differently in this their latest wonder to hit the market (eventually) shall we?

A 76 key version along with a 61 key version to satisfy both the "50%" preference percentile sides? In other words, it's already been established through online Polls that roughly 50% prefer 76 keys or better and the other 50% are fine with or even prefer 61 keys. So in producing both a 61 key version and a 76 key version it would boost sales and satisfy basically its whole market potential right? USB 3.0 is already out as we know and the new standard is a HUGE increase in bandwidth transfer rates but I really thinks it's far too new for Yamaha to include it in their next beast but we can always hope that Yamaha went the extra mile. SAV 3?? An improvement over the existing SAV 2 technology would be welcome and depending on how much improvement there is sales would be boosted accordingly in my opinion. A better "key bed" would also be nice but the Tyros3's is not too shabby as is and Yamaha may decide to concentrate on other areas instead. Like maybe a more "solidly" constructed outer shell? Light weight aluminum and built like a tank would be nice huh? IF IF IF they can keep the weight down to acceptable levels. If not then keep using "plastic" and pray you don't drop it right?

Better Organ emulations with a better Rotary simulation would be fantastic too. Also, switching sounds in a seamless manner i.e. not "cutting off" the sound when switching and playing at the same time - like my Fantom G7 does right now. A motorized tilt screen perhaps? An even larger LCD screen perhaps too? More outputs?? Inputs??? XLR, or at least "balanced" 1/4 inch connections? A balanced 'stereo' Mic input?? A SUPER high quality (high wattage) external 3 piece "speaker system" to hook it up to blowing previous systems out of the water (to smithereens) by comparison? If so, it would be a HUGE benefit and advantage for gigging musicians in smaller venues or for one's own personal enjoyment and also ease of portability over lugging around other and heavier pieces of sound equipment.

I could on and on... more 'internal' system memory say... 50MB or possibly more?? Also, the WAV ROM increased to, let's say, 1 to 2 Gigabytes?? Polyphony FINALLY extending beyond 128 note?? The Audya has 197 and Yamaha might be feeling the "pressure" to regain the lead by giving their next beast 256 note polyphony perhaps? Or at least equaling the Audya's 197?? We shall see. What else??? Oh... the price. Keep it "under" 4 Grand?? PLEASE?? Okay, okay. The 76 key version $4,500 max?? PRETTY PLEASE?? I'd probably be willing to go that high if, when all other things are considered, it would be considered worth it to me. To my discriminating taste and all, you see. In other words, if it turns out to be second rate then unfortunately I'll have to pass it up and then wait and see what Roland or Korg and/or Ketron eventually come up with. I highly anticipate Roland will be releasing their G-70 successor at Winter NAMM 2011 but you never know. The G-70 is ANCIENT and belongs in a keyboard museum somewhere yet still nothing from Roland's lips as they continue to be mum about a replacement. And then there is Korg. The Pa2xPRO is getting long in the tooth as well and you can be sure Korg is doing everything in its power to keep up with the Joneses i.e. with Yamaha and Roland and/or Ketron, etc. Again, we'll have to wait and see. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

#290251 - 07/17/10 11:33 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Tonewheeldude Offline

In my oppinion, Yamaha know their market extremely well. The best selling sector is the ex-home organist and its where the Tyros (latin for beginner, first recorded use in english descibed a novice Piano Player) outsells the competition. I don't know how may sell in the states, but they dominate the market here in the UK and Yamaha have done a great job at building the Tyros to satisy their target Audience and making customers feel like they belong to special, cared for group. I know some of you guys use it professionally, but your certainly not the intended customer - just a bonus for Yammy. Introducing professional features would kill it off in a shot and make it too niche market.

What is more important than wavetable memory and pro features is the ability to sound like a pro at the touch of a button, larger clearer screens, big bright buttons, simple easy to navigate controls, a techical list of 'stuff' longer and more impressive than the competitions and when the owner gets bored, extra registrations he or she can buy to keep them going until they buy the next Tyros.

Yamaha marketing team have a strategy that is the envy of all the competition.

-----------------------------------------

I Love the name Tyros...its so cheeky of Yamaha...and they have pulled it off superbly

Noun - someone new to a field or activity
beginner, initiate, tiro, novice
unskilled person - a person who lacks technical training
abecedarian - a novice learning the rudiments of some subject
apprentice, prentice, learner - works for an expert to learn a trade
cub, greenhorn, rookie - an awkward and inexperienced youth
landlubber, landsman, lubber - an inexperienced sailor; a sailor on the first voyage
fledgeling, fledgling, newbie, newcomer, entrant, freshman, neophyte, starter - any new participant in some activity
tenderfoot - an inexperienced person (especially someone inexperienced in outdoor living)
trainee - someone who is being trained

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 07-17-2010).]

#290252 - 07/17/10 07:49 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

It doesn't matter to me if Yamaha comes out with a better feel 76 key-bed..or improves the build quality..I am not interested....The Tyros3 is the most overpriced keyboard on the market...and I am sure Yamaha will continue this pricing ..as mentioned prior ..they are catering to the home organ buyers...and they are use to paying through the nose..

#290253 - 07/18/10 06:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
124 Offline

True, Fran. A new Yammie doesn't interest me either. As far as pricing goes (and it's always what the market will bear), I really don't care what a manufacturer's profit margins are. What determines it for me is, is it worth it to me, new or used, no other criteria needed. The key to maximising one's own profit is not to change keyboards every time a new one appears. Whatever you've currently got very likely has more in it than you'll ever use. That goes for the vast majority of people, especially the ex-home organ players that Yamaha rightly goes after.

#290254 - 07/18/10 08:05 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

I have tried several arrangers from Technics, Roland, Gem and Ketron, along with Yamaha.

In my opinion, Yamaha are the best, the only downside is , yes, the Tyros price and the fact that the sequencer is a bit outdated, but I use it because it has a very useful 'Chord track', which Roland and Ketron does not have, which is odd.

But yes the price for the Tyros is too high....

#290255 - 07/18/10 09:30 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

I don't know what you guys are on about. If Yamaha would come out with a new Tyros every YEAR I'd buy it. Considering I've always been able to sell my older models for around $2000, it's a pretty small business expense. And the price is extremely reasonable if you know where to shop. I bought my T3 for under $3200 within a month of release.

Chony

#290256 - 07/18/10 09:43 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Beakybird Offline

I agree. It cost me only $500 to upgrade my two PSR-S900's to PSR-S910's.

Not bad. If I do an expected 1500 shows in the three year period before I upgrade to the next keyboard, that comes out to $0.33 a show. That's only slightly more than how much it costs to shave my face. It's a no brainer.

Gas and depreciation on my car, on the other hand - at least according to the IRS is around $20 a show. Now that's a big deal. I'll buy a new keyboard in a heartbeat, but I'll never buy a new car again!

Beakybird

#290257 - 07/18/10 10:06 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I don't know what you guys are on about. If Yamaha would come out with a new Tyros every YEAR I'd buy it. Considering I've always been able to sell my older models for around $2000, it's a pretty small business expense. And the price is extremely reasonable if you know where to shop. I bought my T3 for under $3200 within a month of release.

Chony

Chony..and this is what makes Yamaha smile...

Respectfully....make a list of the "improvements" from one Tyros to the other...and divide it into the figures you used for your personal example...Basically a $1,200 loss..for a few more SA sounds and some corrections that should have been fixed via soft updates..(but not possible, in Yamaha's plan)..
Hey I am all for having a new keyboard, buy an automatic purchase because they released a new model with very small positive changes...nope ..not for me..

If you (meaning anyone) were happy with a Tyros..why the need to sell it off for the hope the newer model will make you happy...this tells me most folks are not happy with their keyboards..

The other side of the equation..guys like Diki..remain content with their keyboard choice (after comparing other boards)...and remain content for 9-10 years..this also tells me about different product lines too..

A $1,200 loss on a keyboard would be something I would expect after using it for 10 years...not a single year...
BYW" even after selling off my 10 year old G1000...my depreciated loss was only $600.. ....and that loss was made up on my purchase price of the G70...

The Tyros price , nearly 3 times the price of the PSR 910..also proclaimed to be as good or better for their needs ..by..Yamaha owners...so how can that bee justified ..to purchase a new Tyros every 2-3 years...the middle model can do the same job...some say better...
Personally I would always take the top model over the mid line model...

Chony you are correct ...buying right makes a difference..I sold my Tyros 3 after 2-3 days...for $2,700...and still made a profit..

#290258 - 07/18/10 02:33 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

Fran makes a good point. The PSR 900/910 are good mid range boards that have many features that the T3 has e.g. SAV etc., at 1/3 the price. I think Yamaha extended the hand of benevolence when they produced the PSR 700/710/900/910 as it gives many more keyboardists access to sound excellence at a very competitive price point. The Tyros3, on the other hand, is the cream of the crop to those who don't mind paying "through the nose" as Fran put it so succinctly.

I also agree that Yamaha is definitely being greedy by demanding sooooooo much for a Tyros3. In reality the Tyros3's real worth is probably around the $2,500 - $3,000 range and even at that price Yamaha would still be making a hefty profit in my opinion. What we can at least hope for is for Yamaha to "rethink" their high priced strategy on the Tyros line and then introduce the Tyros4 (or whatever they decide to call it) at a more reasonable price point - but don't hold your breath of course.

If Yammie does indeed release a 76 key version for their next totl arranger plus adding additional "PRO" features and specs to it then a higher price (than a 61 key version) would be justified. Still, it would be in Yamaha's best interest in my opinion to knock at least a grand off the current $4,695 Tyros3 price. If a 76 key version (with PRO extras) was offered for, let's say, $3,699 then Yammie would sell tons more of them and still make a huge profit and also make many many keyboardists happier at the same time. The question is would they be willing to do so? We'll see... but again, don't hold your breath.

All the best,
Mike

#290259 - 07/18/10 03:19 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Chony..and this is what makes Yamaha smile...

Let them smile. Thanks to them, I can make other people smile and make a pretty decent living at the same time. I find their prices are very fair considering it is the main tool for my income.

#290260 - 07/20/10 10:13 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DannyUK Offline

Hi all,

I've only had the T3 since Feb and I have to admit to feeling a little bit dissapointed that Yamaha could be bringing out a replacement to the T3 where it would potentially be discontinued.

However, in some ways it may to be all bad.

The way I see it is this: If Yamaha want to try and introduce Audio instruments in their styles, they you're looking at a completely new keyboard which I think then could be less backwards compatible than the T3. One of the fantastic things I like about the T3 is how great it plays the other stuff so well right down to the PSR8000, this has been important because in my experience of owning other boards (Korg, Ketron & Gem), the older styles (and midi's) didn't sound right and most of the time required major reworking, not so with the T3 (so far), this was another reason why I didn't always like changing boards because of this fact.

So then, if the "T4" will become an Audya beater, I would think it will be a totally new Yamaha experience deviating from the Tyros tradition and thus unlikely to be easily backwards compatible (or at least to what it is now). If that would be the case, I wouldn't want one anyway.

Or..

If the T4 is just going to have reworked factory styles including maybe a few more, new SA sounds and maybe some more minor tweaks here and there (more memory and so on), then would it be worth upgrading at all?

I just find it hard to understand why an update so early is necessary.

Just my opinion.

#290261 - 07/20/10 10:51 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Danny
According to the YPKO forum, Yamaha is introducing a brand new keyboard at the upcoming Pakefield Festival in September, however whether this is a T3 replacement is unknown.

Adding Audio Styles does not mean getting rid of the old style system. (The Audya has both so as to maintain compatibility with styles from earlier instruments)

Each instrument has a characteristic sound, and if you play the same sound style on different instruments they will always sound different, (A Yamaha Piano sounds different to a Steinway Piano even if you play it the same) if they didn’t there would not be any point in making them.

Personal preference will determine what is best for you.

Bill

#290262 - 07/20/10 11:32 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

If the new keyboard being introduced at the upcoming Pakefield Festival is not a T3 replacement what could it be? Here is another thought... a portable organ perhaps? The Tyros line has organ voices of course but maybe this new beast will be an exclusive organ 'only' keyboard in a portable package and with possibly style rhythm backing tracks as an accompaniment tool?

Now you got me going Bill. Maybe a "dual" manual organ to boot?? Like Clavia's C2 only with accompaniment?

On the other hand, the mostly old fogies at Pakefield would be hard pressed to "carry" anything around (except maybe their wallets perhaps) so another possibility is it could be a rather heavy arranger (possibly dual manual) that sits on its own stand to place in one's house where you set it and forget it... no portability to speak of.

I honestly feel it won't be a Tyros3 replacement since the normal "three" year Tyros cycle is still one and a half years away roughly at the same time when the new "CVP" line shows up at the end of 2011.

So don't get too excited folks. Unless you don't mind the prospect of a 300 plus pound dual manual arranger beast with its own stand and costing upwards of $7,000 (£4,583.00) that is.

All the best,
Mike

#290263 - 07/20/10 07:48 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Rumor has it ........dump what you have for a good price now before T4 come to market if your interested in upgrading....before the price drops drastically on T3,T2,S900,S910 also.....
big changes are coming from Yamaha.

#290264 - 07/21/10 12:18 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia

Dnj Rumor has it ........dump what you have for a good price now before T4 come to market if your interested in upgrading....before the price drops drastically on T3,T2,S900,S910 also.....
big changes are coming from Yamaha.

And thats just it DNJ, rumor, why when Yammy have been able to convince every buyer from Orig Tyros to T3 would Yamaha change the format so drastically??

I would expect changes in the sequencer, prob the polythony and more styles and sounds along with SA voices, but apart from that I can't see them changing a winning formula for the pro section of us here.

After all thats precicely why the M1 section of Yamaha have kept the best drums and basses from the home keyboard market, its like they dont want to be tainted with them for some reason. So it will be interesting yes, but don't hold your breath for major differences from T3 to whatever, and I cant see the Mi section getting together in bed with keyboards for the home market, as they think it's beneath them.

#290265 - 07/21/10 06:39 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#290266 - 07/21/10 11:03 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

just the fact that everyone is now anticipating and talking about it all over the world shows you the power in sales of TYROS......
T4 will be the best selling unit yet for Yamaha ....just wait and see..

#290267 - 07/23/10 10:40 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
abacus Offline

Interesting update on YPKO forum
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?topic=25424.msg252965;topicseen#msg252965

#290268 - 07/23/10 01:14 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
just the fact that everyone is now anticipating and talking about it all over the world shows you the power in sales of TYROS......
T4 will be the best selling unit yet for Yamaha ....just wait and see..

I think for all the "hoopla' and "hype"..the Tyros3 ...flopped...

Look how many Yamaha owners said .."no way" I will keep my old Tyros or PSR...and also look at how many Tyros 3 owners..literally as Donny says "dumped" their keyboard...

Reality is checking in....folks aren't as "dumb as they use to be"...a Goldie Hawn quote...

#290269 - 07/24/10 12:11 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

One of the reasons it may have flopped is the astronomical price Yamaha wants for it. Reality sets in when they want people to pay upwards of five Grand i.e. up to $5,000.00 for a keyboard that probably costs Yamaha $1,000 max to build. Yamaha has assembly line tactics and construction down to a science thus eliminating cost overruns but Yamaha is still making them in Japan currently thus high labor charges are being passed on to consumers unfortunately.

If Yamaha ever decided to make the Tyros series in China again I think the price could be substantially reduced as a result in my opinion. Instead of a Tyros 3/4 costing MSRP $4,599.00 (plus tax) as it stands currently, Yamaha could theoretically drop the price down to around $3,599 instead most likely. Japan's notoriously high labor costs (plus Yamaha's own greed sorry to say) is killing people's desire and incentive to buy Yammie's astronomically priced high-end keyboards if you ask me.

Korg, on the other hand, has been able to keep the Pa2xPRO's cost down to acceptable levels and I think a big reason for that is they are a much smaller company than Yamaha and as such they have to be more competitively driven to stay in the game as a major keyboard marketing force and company. And consumers win as a result.

Yamaha, on the other hand, puts the ultra high cost "bait" in front of you and is in no hurry for you to bite the baited hook and/or for them to reel you in once they have devoured your once hard earned cash. In other words, take it or leave it - we're still "king of the hill" and we'll do "whatever it is we want to" in the meantime. But with an attitude like that I could envision more and more people looking elsewhere for their high-end arranger keyboard needs. Although most likely NOT in the direction of Ketron either of course. Except perhaps for the few, the rich, the gullible?? We need to revolt against these ultra high prices that, in my opinion, they try to gouge consumers with. If we don't, they will continue to keep selling them at higher and higher prices to us until we do... 'nuff said. >> I'm sure Yamaha will now begin to bend over backwards to try and please us right? Oh!... how I wish it were true!

All the best,
Mike

PS: I so looonnnnggggg for the days of Tyros "1" fame! I paid roughly $2,499 for my Tyros in 2003. A little over 5 years later the cost for a Tyros3 had essentially DOUBLED when you factor in the tax - for basically the SAME keyboard with slightly better sound realism?? Who would have thunk!

#290270 - 07/24/10 02:12 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

T4 will be the biggest seller Yamaha ever had to date...just wait and see...you guy and your crystal ball theories are too funny

OR...this could be a great case for getting a Mediastation unit and avoid all these upgrade models all together FOREVER !!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2010).]

#290271 - 07/24/10 02:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
For me the T-3 bail - out was for a number of reasons.

However , if I subtracted the family illness that was one deciding factor , the other would be that I just didn`t like what Yamaha was doing.

It was and still is a good keyboard with great action.

The downside is it`s build quality ( too much plastic , for the cost ).

And even more than that was the fact that Yamaha put a price on upgrading when others saw fit to do it for free , I`m talk`n about the added sounds and styles that one would pay for.

Korg / Nord / Roland , have given added value and sounds at no cost , true Yamaha did offer 5 new vocal sound for free after the first system upgrade , but after that you had to dump some serious coin if you wanted new sounds.

If Yamaha does make a Tyros 4 , would I buy ?

It would have to be what Yamaha has never done before , and I just don`t think they are ready to be that radical.

No regrets about selling , and still looking !!

Later ,

Gary 

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 07-24-2010).]

#290272 - 07/24/10 03:11 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

S910 still the best bang for the buck hands down......

wait & see attitude is the way to approach this.....otherwise just keep what you have and make music.

#290273 - 07/24/10 09:39 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
mr9000 Offline

Any keyboard over the sum of $3500 is not permitted allowance into my house!

#290274 - 07/25/10 04:10 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Anyone who paid $5000 for their Tyros3 didn't shop around much. I paid $3275 including delivery in October 2008. I was able to sell my Tyros2 for $2300 on eBay that same month. I hope to do something similar when Tyros4 is released. I can't wait!!!! -charley

#290275 - 07/26/10 09:34 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

Nice to see you got a good deal on a Tyros3 Charley. I noticed on the Guitar Center.com site that the price for a T3 was $4,599 so that's what I was going by. Same thing at Sweetwater.com and I would expect others too. The actual list price for the Tyros3 is $5,499 so Yamaha is being generous by giving you $900 off the list price. Here in California the sales tax is now 8.75% so at retail plus tax I would be looking at $5,001 thank you. And because of that I have to say NO thank you to Yamaha. Plus it only has 61 keys.

Another case in point. My Roland Fantom G7 was purchased back in May '08 when Roland was offering an introductory price for the Fantom G line. I got my Fantom G7 (76 keys) for an incredible $2,500! And it is FAR MORE of a keyboard than any T3 too! But of course no Style accompaniment or Lyric display. By the way, I do shop around and try to get the best deal(s) whether it's a workstation, arranger, or whatever.

The Big Three, and Ketron, market their high-end arrangers to an older crowd where many have actually accumulated "mucho dinero" over the years (just look at Don Mason and Fran as an example ) and therefore the Big Three (and especially Yammie and Ketron it seems) feel it's okay to "gouge" the older crowd I guess. Retiree's and those in their 40's and 50's can, in many instances, afford the high(er) prices and apparently Yamaha and Ketron's guilt doesn't seem to bother them I reckon. In other words, "screw" their customer base and still feel good about it at the end of the day as they laugh themselves silly all the way to the bank. Or rather... Let's hope that's not the case but the prices prove otherwise, so I guess it's really true. And we.. uh, I mean 'you', the older crowd, are losing out as a result. Unless you don't mind being "gouged" that is. Because I certainly DO!

What we can hope and pray for is that Yamaha and Ketron will get some fiscal "sense" knocked into them and then reduce their prices in accordance to ethical and reasonable standards. If they're actually 'ethical' and 'reasonable' that is. So far they've proven otherwise to me and I would guess the vast majority of arranger keyboard players too - except maybe DonM and Fran perhaps. lol Just kidding you two. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

#290276 - 07/26/10 03:19 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Beakybird,
sorry to go off topic a bit.
You upgraded your s900's to s910's , is there such a big difference in the 2 keyboards?

Only reason I'm asking is, I'm toying with the idea of getting another yammie and just in case there's still an odd s900 about, is it worth the extra money to get an s910?

I can read up on specification differences, asking more about the overall feel. Are you happy you upgraded.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beakybird:
[B]I agree. It cost me only $500 to upgrade my two PSR-S900's to PSR-S910's.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#290277 - 07/26/10 03:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
abacus Offline

#290278 - 07/26/10 04:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Beakybird,
sorry to go off topic a bit.
You upgraded your s900's to s910's , is there such a big difference in the 2 keyboards?

Only reason I'm asking is, I'm toying with the idea of getting another yammie and just in case there's still an odd s900 about, is it worth the extra money to get an s910?

I can read up on specification differences, asking more about the overall feel. Are you happy you upgraded.

best wishes
Rikki

BTW, I think the upgrade cost me $550 instead of $500.

It depends on how serious of a musician you are. If you aren't playing professionally and you are on a budget, I don't think it's worth $500 extra to have the S910. I would get the S900.

I appreciate the extra voices and styles and the ability to play T2 and most T3 styles. Many of these T2 and T3 styles are probably available on the internet for S900 owners.

If I weren't making a living at this, I would have a tough time justifying to my wife that we cannot afford something she wants because I had to get a handful of extra voices and styles on my keyboard.

But the S910 is a great machine, and I do enjoy playing it a tad more than I did the S900. If you had a piece of gear that you weren't using much that you could sell to pay for the upgrade, I would go for it.

Beakybird

#290279 - 07/27/10 05:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
come soon: tyro4.net

#290280 - 07/27/10 10:42 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
The Big Three, and Ketron, market their high-end arrangers to an older crowd where many have actually accumulated "mucho dinero" over the years (just look at Don Mason and Fran as an example ) and therefore the Big Three (and especially Yammie and Ketron it seems) feel it's okay to "gouge" the older crowd I guess. Retiree's and those in their 40's and 50's can, in many instances, afford the high(er) prices and apparently Yamaha and Ketron's guilt doesn't seem to bother them I reckon. In other words, "screw" their customer base and still feel good about it at the end of the day as they laugh themselves silly all the way to the bank. Or rather... Let's hope that's not the case but the prices prove otherwise, so I guess it's really true. And we.. uh, I mean 'you', the older crowd, are losing out as a result. Unless you don't mind being "gouged" that is. Because I certainly DO!

What we can hope and pray for is that Yamaha and Ketron will get some fiscal "sense" knocked into them and then reduce their prices in accordance to ethical and reasonable standards. If they're actually 'ethical' and 'reasonable' that is. So far they've proven otherwise to me and I would guess the vast majority of arranger keyboard players too - except maybe DonM and Fran perhaps. lol Just kidding you two.

All the best,
Mike

Mike,
Age has nothing to do with my decision and I am probably the brokest guy on here. My decision is made on buying the best tools for my profession. If the Audya cost $10,000, I wouldn't like it but I'd still probably get one, because it makes money for me. Besides it's a tax write-off as well.
It's a matter of priorities. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Ketron has drug their feet lately, but at least they don't make you buy a new keyboard every two years in order to get a few new sounds and styles. Their upgrades are often dramatic and FREE.
You have to remember that the cost of a keyboard is not just what it takes to buy the components and build it, but also for the research and development necessary to stay up with or ahead of the market.
Yes I wish they were less expensive, but then everyone would have one.
The Audya (or the Tyros 4 or whatever) is about 1/4 of the cost of a new car, and that's before tax deduction. And you don't have to put gasoline in it.
DonM

#290281 - 07/27/10 10:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Mike,
Age has nothing to do with my decision and I am probably the brokest guy on here. My decision is made on buying the best tools for my profession. If the Audya cost $10,000, I wouldn't like it but I'd still probably get one, because it makes money for me.

I agree 100%. And the same with Yamaha. Some people seem to think that Yamaha is greedy and ripping everyone off. I don't believe that's the case at all.

But either way, I get way more value from my Yamaha T3 than I do from anything else I own. (And I own a lot of stuff).

Chony

#290282 - 07/27/10 01:57 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

http://tyros4.net/

I guess it`s going to happen !

#290283 - 07/27/10 02:18 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
http://tyros4.net/

I guess it`s going to happen !

Who owns the site?

#290284 - 07/27/10 02:56 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Who owns the site?

i bet it's NOT Yamaha

#290285 - 07/27/10 03:04 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

i think someone by the name of Ian from the UK

just a guess though

#290286 - 07/27/10 03:25 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i think someone by the name of Ian from the UK

just a guess though

Our Ian is from Canada...

#290287 - 07/27/10 03:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-27-2010).]

#290288 - 07/27/10 05:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Consider it history !!

Gary  

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 07-28-2010).]

#290289 - 07/27/10 06:54 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Beakybird,
a PsrS900, may not even be an option for me (except 2nd hand. I prefer new with a warranty, unless I know the seller)

Just good to hear that you are happy with your upgrade, and that you enjoy playing the s910 more.

Now all I need to do is convince hubby I need a new Yamaha. haahaa
My Korg's been away getting repaired for the last 2/3 weeks & it's given me the chance to dust off my old psr1500 & play it during this period.
I'd forgotten how versatile the Yammie styles actually are.

Thank you

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
BTW, I think the upgrade cost me $550 instead of $500.

It depends on how serious of a musician you are. If you aren't playing professionally and you are on a budget, I don't think it's worth $500 extra to have the S910. I would get the S900.

I appreciate the extra voices and styles and the ability to play T2 and most T3 styles. Many of these T2 and T3 styles are probably available on the internet for S900 owners.

If I weren't making a living at this, I would have a tough time justifying to my wife that we cannot afford something she wants because I had to get a handful of extra voices and styles on my keyboard.

But the S910 is a great machine, and I do enjoy playing it a tad more than I did the S900. If you had a piece of gear that you weren't using much that you could sell to pay for the upgrade, I would go for it.

Beakybird

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#290290 - 07/28/10 12:45 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
abacus Offline

Post Deleted; as the comments are no longer relevant to the thread.
Regards

Bill

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 07-29-2010).]

#290291 - 07/28/10 12:46 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ian House: http://www.organfax.co.uk/players/ianhouse/

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 07-28-2010).]

#290292 - 07/28/10 06:10 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

TMI

#290293 - 07/28/10 12:27 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

I go an e-mail from Yamaha , this is where it led.

Just click on the region where you live.
http://www.inspirationinaflash.com/

Gary 

#290294 - 08/02/10 03:26 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DannyUK Offline

That link shows a demo of the Motif Xf7 & 8. Are these the new products everybody's been talking about and not the T4!???

#290295 - 08/02/10 05:33 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Yes , that is what the link was { is } for !

Yamaha did release a new Motif , the XF.

I don`t know if Yamaha will hold to there "normal" cycle of 3 years , or release a T-4 this year.

Here it is August already , and only rumors , my guess is next year.

However , I have been wrong before.

Personally , I would pass on any new Yamaha , unless it was something way radical and as I stated before , I just don`t think they { Yamaha } are ready.

Gary  +

#290296 - 08/02/10 05:47 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
"What we can hope and pray for is that Yamaha and Ketron will get some fiscal "sense" knocked into them and then reduce their prices in accordance to ethical and reasonable standards. If they're actually 'ethical' and 'reasonable' that is. So far they've proven otherwise to me and I would guess the vast majority of arranger keyboard players too - except maybe DonM and Fran perhaps."

Mike, do you know anything about music retail and what a dealer pays for a keyboard ? I worked in music retail for 22 years, so I am qualified to help you get an idea of cost. If you don't please email me privately and I will explain it to you. Perhaps than you will understand that what you assume as huge profits is just the opposite.

#290297 - 08/02/10 06:41 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

I agree that the cost is way to much.

IMO , the T-3 is not worth the price , too much plastic and as already stated , too much to pay for added stuff that should be free.

Even though I was able to get mine at a great price ( once again , many thanks to Frank ).

It still was a deal breaker when Yamaha wanted more and more $$$ to keep it current.

I`m still do not regret bailing out , but it is a great keyboard at too high a price.

I just could not imagine paying what some of the web sites sell it for , talk about a heart break !!

G 

#290298 - 08/03/10 04:51 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Found this today on YouTube.
It said Music Finder, but then at the end of this video it said Tyros 4. First I thought it was a hoax, but at the end of the video you can also see it on the instrument itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS5meCjUSVg

#290299 - 08/03/10 09:06 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by drdalet:
It said Music Finder, but then at the end of this video it said Tyros 4. First I thought it was a hoax, but at the end of the video you can also see it on the instrument itself.

The vidio seems to have been removed
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#290300 - 08/03/10 11:07 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
hitman Offline

Loc: VA/ USA

#290301 - 08/03/10 01:08 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes that is the real thing. . .

#290302 - 08/03/10 03:00 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
I go an e-mail from Yamaha , this is where it led.

Just click on the region where you live.
http://www.inspirationinaflash.com/

Gary 

This is not an official Yamaha site - i would not recommend anyone puts their name in that site without reading the Privacy Policy first.

#290303 - 08/03/10 03:34 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

"This is not an official Yamaha site - i would not recommend anyone puts their name in that site without reading the Privacy Policy first."

It is {was} the promo site for the new Motif XF.

#290304 - 08/03/10 09:22 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by drdalet:

read this on YPKO site regarding the T4 video.....

"I think it's the real deal. Not much of a physical change from the T3. Like the new blue LEDs. And if you look at the graphics around the buttons, they added some heavy black boxes along the left and/or right edge to define the groups. On the Music Finder screen, they changed the wording next to the "I" button. It used to say "Tempo Lock: OFF" on the T3. Now it says "Style Tempo: UNLOCK". Probably serves exactly the same purpose. And, of course, the new Tyros4 logo.

I think that style "Reel" he uses to play Sailor's Hornpipe is exactly the same on the T3. I didn't see any new styles in the MF list at all. But, at least the MF song titles were real, and not mixed up!"

#290305 - 08/04/10 01:17 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DannyUK Offline

My first instincts tells me it's a fake, it's far to similar to the T3 in virtually every way and from that demo it also sounds exactly like a T3 as well.

If this is really a "T4" then I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people (or relieved ones like me) for potentially turning out to be such a negligent upgrade.

Danny.

#290306 - 08/04/10 07:43 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
kdistefano Offline

Yamaha did not change the body of the Motif XF in any way (except color), so it's likely they've also done this with the Tyros 4. I guess it's a way to save on development costs during these tough economic times.

#290307 - 08/04/10 09:50 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
My first instincts tells me it's a fake, it's far to similar to the T3 in virtually every way and from that demo it also sounds exactly like a T3 as well.

If this is really a "T4" then I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people (or relieved ones like me) for potentially turning out to be such a negligent upgrade.

Danny.

Probably the big changes will be in the features NOT not the physical aspects.
whats makes me think its real I have never seen anywhere that Martin Harris demo song performed anywhere have you?
Could be a leak?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-04-2010).]

#290308 - 08/04/10 11:50 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I think it is real,the big change is under the hood. Look at the new Motif specs,twice the sample memory and Flash Memory (no loading times anymore)and a lot of new voices and SA samples . .. .

Impuls

#290309 - 08/06/10 01:28 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
bomba6 Offline

Loc: Israel
All videos have been removed.
Anyone has one of them?

#290310 - 08/06/10 08:50 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bomba6:
All videos have been removed.
Anyone has one of them?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTk1NjQ3NjQ4.html

#290311 - 08/07/10 10:15 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

Okay, the T4 is not a hoax but needless to say it's still only 61 keys and therefore I must pass on it. I'm sure Yamaha is heartbroken huh?

Next!

All the best,
Mike

PS: Still waiting on Roland's new totl arranger. Something tells me we could see it announced at Winter NAMM '11. Especially how that Yammie has started the ball rolling with this Tyros4 leak, albeit, still only in 61 keys apparently and really a shame for literally half of all arranger players out there I might add too.

#290312 - 08/07/10 01:18 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Okay, the T4 is not a hoax but needless to say it's still only 61 keys and therefore I must pass on it. I'm sure Yamaha is heartbroken huh?

Next!

All the best,
Mike

PS: Still waiting on Roland's new totl arranger. Something tells me we could see it announced at Winter NAMM '11. Especially how that Yammie has started the ball rolling with this Tyros4 leak, albeit, still only in 61 keys apparently and really a shame for literally half of all arranger players out there I might add too.

Whats the problem Mike Buy an
Audya 76...dont you want the best sounds

#290313 - 08/07/10 03:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Roland and especially Korg need to bring us new arrangers.

Roland has not had a real TOTL A-KB since the E80 , and Korg could use a refresh on there TOTL PA series.

IMO

Gary  

#290314 - 08/07/10 04:32 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Roland and especially Korg need to bring us new arrangers.

Roland has not had a real TOTL A-KB since the E80 , and Korg could use a refresh on there TOTL PA series.

IMO

Gary  

Why?......is it gonna make people play any better then they can now with what is already available?....if you've noticed little by little longer periods of time in between releases is beginning to be the norm...there is a reason for that...
think about it.

#290315 - 08/07/10 06:12 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

I feel there are too many shortcomings on the Audya Donny e.g. only USB 1.1, small internal RAM, OS quirks... and more.

If Yammie would have given the new Motif XF full arranger capability I would have probably bought it, however, no such luck needless to say.

Yammie does what's best for their bottom line... period. Way down the totem pole their customer's wishes are sometimes listened to but only if it makes "financial" sense to Yamaha in my opinion. We keep hammering them to produce a PRO 76 key top of the line arranger and what do we always get?? >> Crickets chirping in the dead of night and not much else unfortunately.

Our only hope and prayer (for those of us who'd rather have 76 keys or better) is to play the waiting game and hope either Roland or Korg bring out something revolutionary in the way of 76 keys (or better). In the meantime I won't settle for 61 keys but I do want top of the line quality and will therefore continue to play my Fantom G7 and arranger functions will have to wait until either Roland or Korg come through with cutting edge features and specs on their next totl arrangers. The reason I continue to pass on the Pa2XPRO is it would be a step..."down" in Polyphony from what I had previously and the USB Device on the Rear is only USB 1.1, plus at essentially 40 lbs. it's a little heavier than I'd really like.

BTW, I'm really expecting great things from both Roland and Korg in the not too distant future but only time will tell if reality meets or exceeds the hype they will bring. Hopefully it will in both cases.

Too bad Yamaha dropped the ball again. I would have probably purchased a 76 key Tyros4, all things considered of course. Many other 76 key (or better) arranger players would have too most likely in my opinion. Yammie's loss unfortunately but Korg and Roland's gain obviously. That is if indeed Roland and Korg's next totl arrangers are both 76 key (or better) of course.

All the best,
Mike

#290316 - 08/07/10 06:34 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

Mike Audya people dont care about all that garbage all they know It Has Real Sounding Drums

#290317 - 08/07/10 10:42 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Any new Yamaha arranger will have to play catch-up with Band In A Box. I have the S910 and hardly touch it, preferring instead the real tracks of the latest BIAB upgrade. I play guitar and use arrangers for backing tracks. However, BIAB is on the fast track for me.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online