Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#290280 - 07/27/10 10:42 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
The Big Three, and Ketron, market their high-end arrangers to an older crowd where many have actually accumulated "mucho dinero" over the years (just look at Don Mason and Fran as an example ) and therefore the Big Three (and especially Yammie and Ketron it seems) feel it's okay to "gouge" the older crowd I guess. Retiree's and those in their 40's and 50's can, in many instances, afford the high(er) prices and apparently Yamaha and Ketron's guilt doesn't seem to bother them I reckon. In other words, "screw" their customer base and still feel good about it at the end of the day as they laugh themselves silly all the way to the bank. Or rather... Let's hope that's not the case but the prices prove otherwise, so I guess it's really true. And we.. uh, I mean 'you', the older crowd, are losing out as a result. Unless you don't mind being "gouged" that is. Because I certainly DO!

What we can hope and pray for is that Yamaha and Ketron will get some fiscal "sense" knocked into them and then reduce their prices in accordance to ethical and reasonable standards. If they're actually 'ethical' and 'reasonable' that is. So far they've proven otherwise to me and I would guess the vast majority of arranger keyboard players too - except maybe DonM and Fran perhaps. lol Just kidding you two.

All the best,
Mike

Mike,
Age has nothing to do with my decision and I am probably the brokest guy on here. My decision is made on buying the best tools for my profession. If the Audya cost $10,000, I wouldn't like it but I'd still probably get one, because it makes money for me. Besides it's a tax write-off as well.
It's a matter of priorities. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Ketron has drug their feet lately, but at least they don't make you buy a new keyboard every two years in order to get a few new sounds and styles. Their upgrades are often dramatic and FREE.
You have to remember that the cost of a keyboard is not just what it takes to buy the components and build it, but also for the research and development necessary to stay up with or ahead of the market.
Yes I wish they were less expensive, but then everyone would have one.
The Audya (or the Tyros 4 or whatever) is about 1/4 of the cost of a new car, and that's before tax deduction. And you don't have to put gasoline in it.
DonM

#290281 - 07/27/10 10:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Mike,
Age has nothing to do with my decision and I am probably the brokest guy on here. My decision is made on buying the best tools for my profession. If the Audya cost $10,000, I wouldn't like it but I'd still probably get one, because it makes money for me.

I agree 100%. And the same with Yamaha. Some people seem to think that Yamaha is greedy and ripping everyone off. I don't believe that's the case at all.

But either way, I get way more value from my Yamaha T3 than I do from anything else I own. (And I own a lot of stuff).

Chony

#290282 - 07/27/10 01:57 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
http://tyros4.net/

I guess it`s going to happen !

#290283 - 07/27/10 02:18 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
http://tyros4.net/

I guess it`s going to happen !

Who owns the site?

#290284 - 07/27/10 02:56 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Who owns the site?

i bet it's NOT Yamaha

#290285 - 07/27/10 03:04 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
leezone Offline

i think someone by the name of Ian from the UK

just a guess though

#290286 - 07/27/10 03:25 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i think someone by the name of Ian from the UK

just a guess though

Our Ian is from Canada...

#290287 - 07/27/10 03:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-27-2010).]

#290288 - 07/27/10 05:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Consider it history !!

Gary  

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 07-28-2010).]

#290289 - 07/27/10 06:54 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Beakybird,
a PsrS900, may not even be an option for me (except 2nd hand. I prefer new with a warranty, unless I know the seller)

Just good to hear that you are happy with your upgrade, and that you enjoy playing the s910 more.

Now all I need to do is convince hubby I need a new Yamaha. haahaa
My Korg's been away getting repaired for the last 2/3 weeks & it's given me the chance to dust off my old psr1500 & play it during this period.
I'd forgotten how versatile the Yammie styles actually are.

Thank you

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
BTW, I think the upgrade cost me $550 instead of $500.

It depends on how serious of a musician you are. If you aren't playing professionally and you are on a budget, I don't think it's worth $500 extra to have the S910. I would get the S900.

I appreciate the extra voices and styles and the ability to play T2 and most T3 styles. Many of these T2 and T3 styles are probably available on the internet for S900 owners.

If I weren't making a living at this, I would have a tough time justifying to my wife that we cannot afford something she wants because I had to get a handful of extra voices and styles on my keyboard.

But the S910 is a great machine, and I do enjoy playing it a tad more than I did the S900. If you had a piece of gear that you weren't using much that you could sell to pay for the upgrade, I would go for it.

Beakybird

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online