SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#290270 - 07/24/10 02:12 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

T4 will be the biggest seller Yamaha ever had to date...just wait and see...you guy and your crystal ball theories are too funny

OR...this could be a great case for getting a Mediastation unit and avoid all these upgrade models all together FOREVER !!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2010).]

#290271 - 07/24/10 02:58 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
For me the T-3 bail - out was for a number of reasons.

However , if I subtracted the family illness that was one deciding factor , the other would be that I just didn`t like what Yamaha was doing.

It was and still is a good keyboard with great action.

The downside is it`s build quality ( too much plastic , for the cost ).

And even more than that was the fact that Yamaha put a price on upgrading when others saw fit to do it for free , I`m talk`n about the added sounds and styles that one would pay for.

Korg / Nord / Roland , have given added value and sounds at no cost , true Yamaha did offer 5 new vocal sound for free after the first system upgrade , but after that you had to dump some serious coin if you wanted new sounds.

If Yamaha does make a Tyros 4 , would I buy ?

It would have to be what Yamaha has never done before , and I just don`t think they are ready to be that radical.

No regrets about selling , and still looking !!

Later ,

Gary 

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited 07-24-2010).]

#290272 - 07/24/10 03:11 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Dnj Offline

S910 still the best bang for the buck hands down......

wait & see attitude is the way to approach this.....otherwise just keep what you have and make music.

#290273 - 07/24/10 09:39 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
mr9000 Offline

Any keyboard over the sum of $3500 is not permitted allowance into my house!

#290274 - 07/25/10 04:10 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Anyone who paid $5000 for their Tyros3 didn't shop around much. I paid $3275 including delivery in October 2008. I was able to sell my Tyros2 for $2300 on eBay that same month. I hope to do something similar when Tyros4 is released. I can't wait!!!! -charley

#290275 - 07/26/10 09:34 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Nice to see you got a good deal on a Tyros3 Charley. I noticed on the Guitar Center.com site that the price for a T3 was $4,599 so that's what I was going by. Same thing at Sweetwater.com and I would expect others too. The actual list price for the Tyros3 is $5,499 so Yamaha is being generous by giving you $900 off the list price. Here in California the sales tax is now 8.75% so at retail plus tax I would be looking at $5,001 thank you. And because of that I have to say NO thank you to Yamaha. Plus it only has 61 keys.

Another case in point. My Roland Fantom G7 was purchased back in May '08 when Roland was offering an introductory price for the Fantom G line. I got my Fantom G7 (76 keys) for an incredible $2,500! And it is FAR MORE of a keyboard than any T3 too! But of course no Style accompaniment or Lyric display. By the way, I do shop around and try to get the best deal(s) whether it's a workstation, arranger, or whatever.

The Big Three, and Ketron, market their high-end arrangers to an older crowd where many have actually accumulated "mucho dinero" over the years (just look at Don Mason and Fran as an example ) and therefore the Big Three (and especially Yammie and Ketron it seems) feel it's okay to "gouge" the older crowd I guess. Retiree's and those in their 40's and 50's can, in many instances, afford the high(er) prices and apparently Yamaha and Ketron's guilt doesn't seem to bother them I reckon. In other words, "screw" their customer base and still feel good about it at the end of the day as they laugh themselves silly all the way to the bank. Or rather... Let's hope that's not the case but the prices prove otherwise, so I guess it's really true. And we.. uh, I mean 'you', the older crowd, are losing out as a result. Unless you don't mind being "gouged" that is. Because I certainly DO!

What we can hope and pray for is that Yamaha and Ketron will get some fiscal "sense" knocked into them and then reduce their prices in accordance to ethical and reasonable standards. If they're actually 'ethical' and 'reasonable' that is. So far they've proven otherwise to me and I would guess the vast majority of arranger keyboard players too - except maybe DonM and Fran perhaps. lol Just kidding you two. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

#290276 - 07/26/10 03:19 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Beakybird,
sorry to go off topic a bit.
You upgraded your s900's to s910's , is there such a big difference in the 2 keyboards?

Only reason I'm asking is, I'm toying with the idea of getting another yammie and just in case there's still an odd s900 about, is it worth the extra money to get an s910?

I can read up on specification differences, asking more about the overall feel. Are you happy you upgraded.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beakybird:
[B]I agree. It cost me only $500 to upgrade my two PSR-S900's to PSR-S910's.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#290277 - 07/26/10 03:38 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#290278 - 07/26/10 04:23 PM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Beakybird,
sorry to go off topic a bit.
You upgraded your s900's to s910's , is there such a big difference in the 2 keyboards?

Only reason I'm asking is, I'm toying with the idea of getting another yammie and just in case there's still an odd s900 about, is it worth the extra money to get an s910?

I can read up on specification differences, asking more about the overall feel. Are you happy you upgraded.

best wishes
Rikki

BTW, I think the upgrade cost me $550 instead of $500.

It depends on how serious of a musician you are. If you aren't playing professionally and you are on a budget, I don't think it's worth $500 extra to have the S910. I would get the S900.

I appreciate the extra voices and styles and the ability to play T2 and most T3 styles. Many of these T2 and T3 styles are probably available on the internet for S900 owners.

If I weren't making a living at this, I would have a tough time justifying to my wife that we cannot afford something she wants because I had to get a handful of extra voices and styles on my keyboard.

But the S910 is a great machine, and I do enjoy playing it a tad more than I did the S900. If you had a piece of gear that you weren't using much that you could sell to pay for the upgrade, I would go for it.

Beakybird

#290279 - 07/27/10 05:58 AM Re: Tyros 4 dealer demo and ETA
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL
come soon: tyro4.net

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online