SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#290029 - 07/09/10 11:04 AM And who said Behringer suck ?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Not James Cameron anyway and his Billion Dollar Avatar Movie...!!!!

#290030 - 07/09/10 11:40 AM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Not James Cameron anyway and his Billion Dollar Avatar Movie...!!!!

I didn't James I've got one, not that big! Looks like they are using it to control lighting!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#290031 - 07/09/10 01:06 PM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
That would be me..

This mixer shown.. with a list price of $319.95 and sells for $169..It has a review rating (by users) of 3 stars out of 5...

I have no idea why any studio would make this a tool of choice ..let alone a Billion dollar project.....surely he must have had a cheap Mackie laying around..

#290032 - 07/09/10 01:09 PM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Fran Carango Offline

#290033 - 07/09/10 03:17 PM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
surely he must have had a cheap Mackie laying around.

lol... Yeah, lawsuits against Behringer for cloning Mackie were pretty common at one point, and they are still at it.

You would think though that Cameron would be sitting in front of a O2R or something a lot more pricey.

James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 07-09-2010).]

#290034 - 07/09/10 03:37 PM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've been quite pleased with all the Behringer gear I've bought, including several mixers. Glad I don't pay much attention to the opinions of others, particularly those that have not owned them.
I've not used them in a studio, but for live play they are a real bargain. I've had one 12 channel for at least six years and it's still going strong.
DonM

#290035 - 07/09/10 07:39 PM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Fran Carango Offline

Hey Don, I just posted info from other Behringer owners...I am teasing about being the one that said they suck..

20 years ago Behringer was a respected brand...more so than today with their copy cat productions...

You know I check out low priced inferior name brands..I am not prejudice....

#290036 - 07/10/10 07:00 AM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
One of the best recording engineers ever used a pair of Radio Shack speakers to do his mixing with. I believe the speakers were the Optimus PRO LX-5 which I have a pair of but use only in my den as an external sound system with a receiver, CD player and TV.

From what I understand Behringer has really improved their quality immensely over the last few years through the utilization a new assembly plant in China which is supposedly on the advanced cutting edge of technology and they probably pay their Chinese workers a decent wage too.

I believe almost all audio gear is now made in China from what I understand. My Mackie 1202 VLZ PRO was made in the U.S.A. a couple years before Mackie switched their production to China. It's still going strong I might add too.

Companies switched to China for production to save a buck but I noticed just a few days ago that the Chinese factory workers are rebelling against low wages and want a bigger slice of the economic boom that China is experiencing. So consequently in a few years or less all the stuff made in China will become more expensive to produce and naturally those extra costs will be passed on to the consumer i.e. you and me. The days of cheap prices on Chinese produced goods may soon vanish unfortunately. But hopefully the extra cost(s) added to Chinese produced goods in the near future will also come with extra "quality" added along with them. If they pay their workers more it's only reasonable they should demand better 'quality' production output and better 'quality' control from their workers right? I guess we'll find out soon enough huh?

All the best,
Mike

#290037 - 07/10/10 07:38 AM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My Behringer Euro has given me no problems in 5 years, but then, neither has my Mackie 1202 in 20+ years.

#290038 - 07/10/10 08:01 AM Re: And who said Behringer suck ?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
For what it's worth, I have a pair of Mackie HR824 MK2 studio monitors that were made in China and they perform very very well so far. How long they will last is yet to be determined however, but I did get a lifetime extended warranty when I purchased them, which I usually don't do I might add, but I made an exception in this case.

I think the Chinese have come a long way in producing quality made products and hopefully things will keep getting better and better on into the future. Remember products coming out of Japan in the 60's and 70's? Junk to say the least. Today Japan is known for their quality made products - except those from Toyota. lol

All the best,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online