SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >
Topic Options
#288122 - 06/11/10 12:15 PM Re: OS 4.3...
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Correct James.
when you download my OS ISO and install it, you can NOT find ONE yamaha styles, what you find is only some basic Qranger styles/songs.
IF you want to use yamaha styles, BUY the live-Arranger or import on qranger and edit again.
I dont sell this type of data/styles and I dont care at all to sell it, just dwonload from where you like. With your PC/Groove/MS...you are allowed to download the all what you want, at your risk.

One more again example about the copyright...
Some years ago, I had posted on my site the text:
"we design the future"
This is copyright from Roland corporation..
The next day I get the FAX from Roland Italy, to REMOVE ASAP this text because is copyright and IF I dont remove untill one day, they will proceed legally.

So..I have edited the text to: "We create the future"
Till today, no one have ring at my door..
Same for yamaha, they read here in SZ, don't worry..they know all but they can do nothing.
I'm here waiting a ring from 5 years...

For your know, I still have here saved the email from yamaha Japan, that they will buy one MS, but I dont gave.
I can forward the email to James to prove it, but I can not post here online or I really get legally issue..

#288123 - 06/11/10 01:14 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi spalding.

If that's what he said then he very likely means that he is personally using Yamaha styles. It does not mean he is selling his keyboards with styles preloaded onto them.

As for the copyright and Yamaha winning a case in China. None of it effects Lionstracs as they do not sell or give away styles. So regardless of what anyone thinks Yamaha have accomplished here, None of it applies to Lionstracs at all.

Kind Regards
James

Look can we cut through all the tosh and can someone tell me, what are the chances of someone come knocking on your door with a writ for infringment of copywrite on a MS. How may of you out there are running paid for software on your PCs and in fact own many are now looking at a PC that has a proper paid up operating system on it, as no one every copied software. Go on tell me different so what's all hype most just keep quiet about it.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#288124 - 06/11/10 01:17 PM Re: OS 4.3...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
OH OH !!!!!

I must be in trouble..

I have converted "my" G70 styles to Yamaha format....so I can use them in "my" MediaStation....

BTW: I also have the freely available Tyros3 styles...I did not get them from my short lived Tyros3, but from the net....I have but 3 or 4 total Tyros3 styles that I have kept...most do not work for me...

Now I do have maybe a dozen Korg styles that do work for me....and none have come from a Korg keyboard that I have owned.....
They are readily found on the net....and I don't believe that any of the "big" 3 ..care a bit...

#288125 - 06/11/10 02:18 PM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
AFG i have read the links you have copied. Now please explain exactly what point you are trying to make.

State clearly what you think the position is in relation to yamaha or korg or ketron styles in terms of whether or not they have protection under copyright laws and if you dont believe they do then please state clearly why you think that is.

1. firstly state whether or not you believe arranger styles created by any of the arranger manufacturers is intellectual property capable of being protected by copyright laws or not. If not state clearly why and how the laws outside china differ in relation to what can be regarded as intellectual property compared to say europe .
2. Secondly if styles can be treated as intellectual property (as already demonstrated in china) then who holds the copyright if not the manufacturers?

If you direct me to links then point out specifically what you think is the RELEVANT difference in relation to the copyright of styles.

Yamaha styles are copyrighted, but Yamaha style extensions(formats) are not copyrighted.

Roland-Korg-Ketron.....................Styles are copyrighted but not their extensions(formats).

so if you buy a software like Live-Arranger you can buy those styles or third party styles and use with Live-Arranger. or create your own style with those extensions(format).

why i posted the link here, do you think?

therfore i posted link to article about Yamaha styles here.

even is second time that I post about Yamaha article on synthzone.

search on for the topic about Live-Arranger,

on that topic Diki actively changed the answer from others with his own words, and then he said to others this is, what that person said.

he is doing that also here, and you are doing a little the same thing.

as James says this topic is now running about sampling,
so...............

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-11-2010).]

#288126 - 06/11/10 02:32 PM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

one thing is certain. MS/Groove user have great respect for copyright. that is why they use an MS/Groove. MS/Groove based on open source software based on donations( for example Domenico made big Donation for Qranger development and also he donate for other softwares on MS/Groove too).
Some of those open source software even ask no donation.

MS/Groove is a studio with all legal hardware and software for music production..................

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-11-2010).]

#288127 - 06/12/10 12:43 AM Re: OS 4.3...
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
so why couldnt either you AFG or Dom or any MS owner simply and honestly state that dom does not package yamaha styles with the MS when it is shipped (i am certain he did in the past) just as James had ?????? So it is clear that the user takes responsibility for any potential copyright infringement . Whether or not a manufacturer would ever come down on an individual user is another matter entirely.

A simple honest answer like James just gave would have settled this years ago .

The simple truth is that Yamaha , korg, ketron styles are copyrighted whereever you are in the world. But there are ways of transfering the liability for any potential infringement to the individual user where they are much less likely to be prosecuted as with any copyright issue.

#288128 - 06/12/10 01:38 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi my friends...
I absolutely respect the company Lionstracs and I have thought enough times him of buying…
However….All we the users, we have learned with any instrument that we buy to have in specifically manufactured styles for the instrument….
Therefore I believe , after exists so much big discussion for copyright, could the company make her somebodies Factory styles and simply all these be a possibility where the user of deciding what, and who way will it shapes the Instrument And of course they could exist also spesial styles for the GIGA expansions packs, or with any VST….
However this styles will made from professionals, and of course it will be spesial for this instrument...
This is my opinion…
Sorry for bad English.....
Bets Regards
Sokratis

#288129 - 06/12/10 03:02 AM Re: OS 4.3...
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
so why couldnt either you AFG or Dom or any MS owner simply and honestly state that dom does not package yamaha styles with the MS when it is shipped (i am certain he did in the past) just as James had ?????? So it is clear that the user takes responsibility for any potential copyright infringement . Whether or not a manufacturer would ever come down on an individual user is another matter entirely.

A simple honest answer like James just gave would have settled this years ago .

The simple truth is that Yamaha , korg, ketron styles are copyrighted whereever you are in the world. But there are ways of transfering the liability for any potential infringement to the individual user where they are much less likely to be prosecuted as with any copyright issue.

search first the Topic about Live-Arranger,
and then say MS/Groove users did not give honest answer about this before.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021126.html

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/020831.html

you are doing the same as Diki..............

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 06-12-2010).]

#288130 - 06/12/10 07:07 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Sokratis 1974.

Quote:
However….All we the users, we have learned with any instrument that we buy to have in specifically manufactured styles for the instrument….

No, your expectations in this regard are simply down to the fact that YOU are trying to label an OPEN keyboard as an arranger.

It's your own expectations that create this situation. But that's ok... just keep reading the rest of this post and I will explain a few things that will interest you.

Quote:
Therefore I believe , after exists so much big discussion for copyright,

No, there are no copyright issues. Please see my previous post as that clears up this misunderstanding with perfect clarity that is not open to misinterpretation by anyone.

Quote:
could the company make her somebodies Factory styles and simply all these be a possibility where the user of deciding what, and who way will it shapes the Instrument And of course they could exist also spesial styles for the GIGA expansions packs, or with any VST….
However this styles will made from professionals, and of course it will be spesial for this instrument...

I have two things to say on that and it's important that things remain to function like this.

1: Lionstracs responsibility is to provide an OPEN platform that allows the end user to do anything they can imagine in a seamless and totally integrated way. This is the core idea behind an OPEN keyboard and the function it must provide. The work Lionstracs have done in this regard is simply mind blowing and the keyboard does offer that seamless OPEN integration as promised. Lionstracs must stay focused on continuing to do that while providing future advancements and expanding on the keyboards openness to accept anything you throw at it. So it is NOT their responsibility to ever develop styles for a computer program (Live Arranger) they don't even own.

2: Simply because Lionstracs are focused on providing the OPEN platform in the best way possible, this has created interest from a third party and so Tastenpoint are now currently developing styles written specifically for the keyboard.

So I hope you can see how this works here. Lionstracs focuses on providing the best open platform they can and the knock-on effect of this is that it creates an opportunity to third party developers to develop content for people who are not so advanced and need content developed for them.

In the near future I will also have completed a premium content sound library for the keyboard. I'm in the process of using my KORG OASYS and my OASYS ASSAULT library to develop new sounds for Lionstracs keyboards.

And I'm sure others are busy developing things too. Everything people are doing you will not find on any other keyboard. OPEN keyboards are the future because of the endless possibilities.

When you jump onto the bandwagon simply boils down to your own abilities or how you approach the concept.

Kind Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-12-2010).]

#288131 - 06/12/10 08:12 AM Re: OS 4.3...
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
A simple honest answer like James just gave would have settled this years ago

With Tastenpoint also developing styles specifically for Lionstracs keyboards, everything is moving in the right direction too which will open these keyboards up to arranger users who have no programming abilities whatsoever, and to allow them to take complete advantage of OPEN technology in a way they cannot imagine right now. As well as take advantage of all the work advanced users are doing.

There's a subject that has received little discussion here too which is very important. The level of integration and how Lionstracs make the “PC” totally seamless and transparent. It is quite amazing and anyone who thinks a Laptop or a DAW can compare on that level is sadly mistaken.

This is certainly the future of keyboards. When I think that an Audya can cost a lot more and only come with 64MB of sample RAM, it's hard not to start hating on closed keyboards. With Lionstracs there's always that "can do, will do" attitude which is a refreshing change from how keyboards have always worked.

Regards
James

Page 14 of 20 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online