SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#287692 - 05/19/10 12:47 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
umm.. after careful yet muted reflection..
+1 Diki..

It's pretty obvious LIONSTRACS would say that.. BTW if you went into any Music store in the UK and asked them if they had a MS RED SEXY GROOVE X7 they would say " they stopped making long playing records years back young man". Who's fault is that, there is no dealer or importer in the UK for MS, how can I get one to start complaining about it, I have the money waiting.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#287693 - 05/19/10 12:49 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
what I will say is you have either a hell of a good memory or I have made a lasting impression on you!

The latter is what I wanted to do!

Cheers

Tony

Yes Tony, but my therapist says that in time, I may recover. At least, partially.

.....one thousand eight, one thousand seven.....

chas

#287694 - 05/19/10 01:21 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ye Gods! I can't even PRAISE open keyboards and you all pile on me...!

I wonder sometimes if you guys even bother READING my posts... as long as it has my name at the start, the same crap gets boilerplated out.

Some of you fail to understand that this is an ARRANGER forum. As such, there are a LOT of pretty nontechnical players here, a lot of amateurs, and a lot of players that haven't really kept up with technology. Now, you guys are obviously forward thinkers, on the cutting edge, yada yada yada , but you have to understand that not everybody is like you. I've always been upfront with how much and how long I've been using computers and VSTi's (and you have always done your best to ignore it) but at least I'm aware that many haven't done this. And I try to write from their perspective, just to balance the wild enthusiasm for this new type of keyboard.

None of you has had, let's just say a trouble-free experience with it, and that is with prodigious technical skills. I simply wish that some of you could perhaps post with this fact in mind. It is altogether too easy to simply forget that much of what you take for granted is absolute Greek to most arranger players. All I ever try to do is inject this into your threads, lest anyone be fooled into thinking that using one of these things approaches the ease and simplicity of an arranger... after all, that's where we are ALL coming from, on this forum.

There have been forums for years about samplers, sampling, orchestral virtual production etc., but I doubt but a handful of our members here go there. Offering a balanced and objective opinion and demos about open keyboards would be a great service to our membership, but so often I find myself having to add these details to otherwise incomplete posts, doing little but evangelize the open concept.

I've been doing orchestral production using a combination of VSTi's, samplers (usually my Kurzweil reading Akai disks) and closed keyboards for well over fifteen years. If you think that I am in no position to comment about open keyboards, you are sadly mistaken.

If you don't want ME to put in the caveats and reality checks to your posts, PUT THEM IN YOURSELVES.

#287695 - 05/19/10 01:30 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B]Ye Gods! I can't even PRAISE open keyboards and you all pile on me...!

I wonder sometimes if you guys even bother READING my posts...
B]

Yes I do Diki, with some fascination, I am draw in like a moth to the light bulb or a fly to a jam pot!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-19-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#287696 - 05/19/10 01:45 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Yes I do Diki, with some fascination, I am draw in like a moth to the light bulb or a fly to a jam pot!

chas

#287697 - 05/19/10 01:47 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Dnj Offline

Quote:
If you think that I am in no position to comment about open keyboards, you are sadly mistaken.

Oh Boy it's EGO TIME AGAIN !!

and another good post takes a hijacked ride south!

#287698 - 05/19/10 02:16 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

If you don't want ME to put in the caveats and reality checks to your posts, PUT THEM IN YOURSELVES.

Translated means what Diki ???

Chas put a funny in will you, I have never kept up with technology.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-19-2010).]

#287699 - 05/19/10 02:29 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
and another good post takes a hijacked ride south!

It's the JOURNEY that counts .

chas

#287700 - 05/19/10 02:33 PM Re: Music played on the groove X7
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
A dog kennel is no place to keep your sausage...

#287701 - 05/20/10 01:15 AM Re: Music played on the groove X7
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Domenic...I have sent another to you now.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2010).]

nothing...
May I know your email that I can edit my spam filter?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online