SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#286000 - 04/21/10 01:04 AM Re: Ventilator in Keyboard mag..also MC5
Tonewheeldude Offline

i just wanted to say, when i referred to an "average player" I wasn't meaning to put anyones playing down, and I certainly didn't mean to insinuate anyone involved in the conversation had 'average' playing abilities.

#286001 - 04/22/10 10:07 AM Re: Ventilator in Keyboard mag..also MC5
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
ANY sim, sample set, whatever, is going to be a poor substitute for the real thing. The question is of DEGREE... I happen to think that of all the pianos in arrangers, the G70 is head and shoulders above the rest. But it in no way compares to a REAL piano.

So, when asking about organ Leslie sims, sure, you can reference back to the original, but once you accept that the real thing is completely impractical, it is simply a question of degree. So, once again, I ask you which you consider the 'best' sim available? After all, as an organ enthusiast AND retailer, you are in probably as good a position as anyone to give an informed opinion.

#286002 - 04/22/10 03:44 PM Re: Ventilator in Keyboard mag..also MC5
Tonewheeldude Offline

Honestly Diki..I am not sure what to suggest by way of sims. I do agree with you about practicality of carting a Leslie around if its not your main instrument. Although for someone whose primary instrument is a Hammond or Hammond Clone, a Leslie (or similar) is pretty essential (unless you own a KeyB...but even then for appearance sake you might still use a Leslie.) But if you are using the organ patches on the G70, then the Ventilator will probably be fine for you.

I just find it dissapointing with the technolgy available to us today; you would think that at least one manufacturer would do a good job with a simulator.

In the meantime...i will keep listening to demo's and if one comes up that I like i'll post it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online