SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 25 of 27 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285819 - 04/28/10 11:38 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not one single musical example since my last post.

NOT ONE...

And sorry to my amnesiac fans, but I have, in the past provided a fair amount of music in style mode on the G70. Sure you have to go back a few years, but it's still the same G70!

I've ALREADY shown you mine. Where the hell is YOURS?

Nowhere.... that's where.

Once again, the MS boys write and write and write. Heck, a typewriter could do the job just as well as an MS if this is all we have to go on..! I wonder if any of them can actually play at all? C'mon, genesys, c'mon, AFG. Just for ONCE, show us you actually have any decent music made on the MS in style mode.

What is the most insulting of anything you say is this hogwash about it being easy to make an MS sound better than a closed arranger. It is patently obvious that none of you have. You would be posting example after example, instead of excuse after excuse.

It is obvious that it is ANYTHING but easy. You certainly haven't achieved it, and just how LONG have you all had your MS's for? YEARS...

Ah, but it is JUST coming, isn't it? Same as it was last year, and the year before, and the year before...

#285820 - 04/28/10 11:58 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi James and Dennis. There has always been this kind of rambunctious banter here and sometimes it gets too serious but for the most part it is just swordplay and a bit of fun.

But the comparrisons that you two are going to undertake on our behalf is actually quite important because it could open up the way to create a standard set of tools whereby the MS can be genuinely used as a great arranger and finally shrug off the terrible reputation it currently has in terms of its arranger abilities and the way it has been promoted without any evidence to support its manufcaturers claims.

If the GM soundbank remapping you are doing actually does make the converted styles sound better wholesale this could be the answer Dom so desperately needs to make the arranger element of his products a success.(and its work he should have done himself in the first place).

Please continue doing the work you are doing both of you . There can only be upsides to this .

1. either the MS will be too unworkable as an arranger because of the time it might take to convert styles that sound better than a closed arranger but that can be played like a normal arranger in a performance . This way the product can be correctly promoted to the correct buyers who are fully aware of its arranger limitations without any misinformation and dishonest sales embellishment.

2 The arranger works well and all the remapping work you have done can act as a template for DOM to bundle Bandstand or whatever premapped and installed on the MS ready to go. Thats exactly what Neko did and their sales have gone from strength to strength(thats the businessman in me coming out again. sorry Dom )

3. if the MS does not turn out to be a great arranger it will have pretty much Zero effect on its sales as no one in their right mind is currently buying it for its arranger abilities.

4. If it works well then Dom will legitimately pick up additional arranger sales

5. If Dom wont bundle some VST products with the MS re mapped to the GM banks JAMES COULD offer his services on a consultancy basis to either Dom or direct to MS users to help them remapp their MS with whatever VST they choose.

From where i am sitting there is no failure here for the MS. Only potential upsides.

Best of luck you guys and once again cheers for attempting to settle this matter with demos instead of more words.

#285821 - 04/29/10 01:08 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Ah i wish i had one MS...then i would've proved many points...doing things by actually
measuring the time and recording the whole process on cam while doing and talking...

#285822 - 04/29/10 01:09 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, were I anal enough about it, I could go back with the search engine and provide post after post after post where not only Dom (bless his optimistic little heart!) but just about everybody else that either had an MS or bought into the hype said it was the 'future' of arrangers, it would sound better than any closed arranger, all other arrangers were 'obsolete', yada yada yada...

If you don't believe me, you are probably one of those that actually wrote it! The rest of us CERTAINLY remember this hype. Trouble is, it is STILL being touted, with no more musical example than was ever posted in the past.

241 posts, and NOTHING worth listening to in style mode. That's got to count for SOMETHING, doesn't it?

#285823 - 04/29/10 01:44 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Diki...after 7 years that you continue stress here...MAY you ONE time post ONE of your G-70 demos?????
Hey..ONE..I dont ask for 5-10 demos...JUST ONE that we can finally value IF you are able to play one arranger or not.
How many times a lot of guys here asked ONE demo from you and you continue ignore???
Com on...let us see what you can make...only yada yada and blame is to much easy...
Move and open your ass now or better that you close you forever your mouth!

#285824 - 04/29/10 02:19 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Not one single musical example since my last post.

NOT ONE...

So thats, what, about an hour or so??!!

So patience is one of your strong points then Diki??

D

#285825 - 04/29/10 03:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
to the genesys Offline

If some one can find a post where someone claimed that the MS plays styles OOTB that sound like a TOTL closed arranger please provide a link.
Because all that has been stated on that issue has been misrepresented statements.
And, does any one seriously believe that if James or any one else puts up a demo of a Yamaha style “sounding better” than the original, took 15 minutes to modify, took $500 worth of TOTL VSTs that would silence the detractors? And do you think they would run out and buy an MS?

You can be assured that if James or any one else puts up the most perfect demo that is satisfactory to the detractors (which will never happen) they are not going to run an buy an MS.
And since Diki got it wrong, I do not have an MS.

#285826 - 04/29/10 04:02 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
How old is your G-70? Didn't you already have it when you got the Mediastation?

Or, did you have two Mediastations, the first being replaced by an upgraded, or newer, model?

Ian

Ian, yes the original MS I had was replaced with the newer designed case and components..so in reality..there were two MS's..

#285827 - 04/29/10 04:09 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

because diki did not read my comments on page two of this thread. then here again one of my comments on his behavior:
-------------------------------------------
D-I-K-I:

1-Diki be careful with your ridiculous language
use.

Sorry to say this. with that language use is only one place YOU diki cAN mAKE SENSE, and that's the zoo FOR YOU.

and if you ever change your behavior read this: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/021126.html

---------------------------------------------------

2-you have no appreciation for people. it's not about the MS or other tool here, but how you approach people. James has played in a short time demos. but you have no appreciation for it.

We have a saying in our country:

The best response against an to ignorant people, is the answer of silence.
a man is respectful and keep secret his mistakes when he speaks less.but the more he opens his mouth the more mistakes he makes known.

sorry but you talk a lot. Every time you talk about something, i see how well people have thought to make that saying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I repeat this because you put my name in your text with your own wrong and accused words and disgusting imagination and idea.

but for change behavior is never late, even with your age your age.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-29-2010).]

#285828 - 04/29/10 04:13 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
stop it genesys, you really are too much, its like hearing a politician backtrack on promises they made before they became elected but more funny :-). Nobody said anything about any style from the MS sounding out of the box better than a yammy or hell even a casio or bontempi. You know this entire debate has been about the ease (or not) with which an MS as an arranger in style play can be made to sound better than a closed arranger. Surely you have caught the theme of this thread ???? Where did out of the box come from ???????

Even Dom would not be so foolish as to make that kind of boast . You know what has been said and implied by Dom and i am genuinely surprised that you are now making the statements that you are making .

I dont know if its deliberate to derail what Dennis and James are trying to do for the rest of us or not but this is actually quite a beneficial discussion here and it doesnt help when you throw in smoke screens and red herrings that have nothing to do with the debate and you must know that out of the box styles from the MS (which arnt even created on the MS) is an irrelevance in this discussion.

And for the record , i am not a detractor of the MS or any instrument. I want to see the thing work like it has been advertised it would /should. I just have a hard time swallowing a manufacturers claims when they have not been able to back it up and none of its customers have either over the last 7 years.

You cant blame me for being just a little doubtful especially as i cant access an MS myself without paying for one up front.

Page 25 of 27 < 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online