SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285669 - 04/25/10 02:18 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Its a lot of time to spend per style and you might end up with an acceptable result like most style conversions are after much tweaking , maybe even more than 30 mins per style. However thats not the issue. what we are waiting for is one style conversion that sounds better than the original it came from . Show me how you did it and how long you took to do it on the MS . Then we will discuss why it might be a daunting prospect for gigging musicians like Diki or not as the case may be .

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 04-25-2010).]

#285670 - 04/25/10 03:15 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
Its a lot of time to spend per style and you might end up with an acceptable result like most style conversions are after much tweaking , maybe even more than 30 mins per style. However thats not the issue. what we are waiting for is one style conversion that sounds better than the original it came from . Show me how you did it and how long you took to do it on the MS . Then we will discuss why it might be a daunting prospect for gigging musicians like Diki or not as the case may be .

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 04-25-2010).]

If I take a style right now and remap it, it will sound exactly like another closed keyboard because that's what the sound source is. Sounds from closed keyboards.

I've already done this and you can see the end results in Video 7. It takes no more than 5 minutes to tweak a style. So, is there anything wrong with what you head in that video ?

Sounds good to me and exactly what I would expect to hear from a typical closed keyboard.

If you want to hear it surpassing a closed keyboard then you will have to wait. To surpass a closed keyboard a new sound source from VSTi's needs to be routed to the styles. I've already started this process and have just finished converting NI Bandstand to Giga format.

Regards
James

#285671 - 04/25/10 03:45 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
If I take a style right now and remap it, it will sound exactly like another closed keyboard because that's what the sound source is. Sounds from closed keyboards.

I've already done this and you can see the end results in Video 7. It takes no more than 5 minutes to tweak a style. So, is there anything wrong with what you head in that video ?

Sounds good to me and exactly what I would expect to hear from a typical closed keyboard.

If you want to hear it surpassing a closed keyboard then you will have to wait. To surpass a closed keyboard a new sound source from VSTi's needs to be routed to the styles. I've already started this process and have just finished converting NI Bandstand to Giga format.

Regards
James

I agree with you. I've long ago said that if MS users has better giga library,they most just create a killer GM/GS giga format sound bank. You will see how amazing good your styles sounds.

existing GM/GS bank for style created by Trosa sounds good but it is just feeling tyros2.

and to be honest, a Roland VA-76 has much better sound compared to Tyros2. watch video i have found on youtube Roland Va-7 played live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eTSMzyqNZ4

if you want the MS/Groove sounds better compared to Tyros2, you simply and easily most create your own GM/GS bank in GIGA format.

for example for better guitar and bass use this sounds provided by http://www.flamestudios.org :
http://www.flamestudios.org/free/GigaSamples

for better piano sounds this sounds provided by Sonart Audio:
http://sonart.cc/shop/product_info.php?cPath=62&products_id=210

and.............

if someone uses an external module,for example you can also turn your arranger internal sounds off, connect a Ketron SD2, to see how your arranger styles will sound with ketron sounds.in this way, even a Casio will sound better.

On MS/Groove your own GIGA GM/GS soundbank is like the external module example.

but with the advantage that you unlimited can update with new sounds. and when you use the sounds they are always there like rom chip sounds.

another good thing invented by domenico is Qranger. why because the styles are in midi format. so you can edit them in your own familiar MIDI/daw sequencer.

later load them into qranger, and if you want to use audio loops, you may do so.

Just save everything as qranger session file and the work is done.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-25-2010).]

#285672 - 04/25/10 04:21 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
abacus Online   content

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi James
If you have Kontakt 4 (Including just the player) you should be able to load and use Bandstand’s sounds without conversion, it also allows you to pre-load the sounds so that there is no delay when switching sounds. (Ideal if you want to continually switch between styles)
Hope this helps

Bill

From the Native Instruments Website http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92744

#285673 - 04/25/10 04:42 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Thanks abacus.

I still think it's better to convert the sounds and aim for making a best of GM bank.

I'm not going to just replace the GM bank with Bandstand as the GM bank already has many sounds better than Bandstand, it's more of a listen and see type exercise.

I'm also going to have other premium content I will want to mix in like Hans Zimmer Guitars and so on.

If I go down the road of making a mega GM bank, then everything will benefit from it without the need to load any additional software.

Regards
James

#285674 - 04/25/10 04:54 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Thanks abacus.

I still think it's better to convert the sounds and aim for making a best of GM bank.

I'm not going to just replace the GM bank with Bandstand as the GM bank already has many sounds better than Bandstand, it's more of a listen and see type exercise.

I'm also going to have other premium content I will want to mix in like Hans Zimmer Guitars and so on.

If I go down the road of making a mega GM bank, then everything will benefit from it without the need to load any additional software.

Regards
James

i agree with you

#285675 - 04/25/10 05:46 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:

However thats not the issue. what we are waiting for is one style conversion that sounds better than the original it came from . Show me how you did it and how long you took to do it on the MS . Then we will discuss why it might be a daunting prospect for gigging musicians like Diki or not as the case may be .

Ditto!

#285676 - 04/25/10 06:46 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I wanna ask James...i am a legal owner od EWQL libraries such as Collossus, Goliath, RA, also
Reaktor, Kontakt, Battery, Absynth, Massive, FM8, also Korg's Legacy collection, bot Analog and Digital...
Then i have hundreds of Gigs of other Sampled material...what if all this was put in there???

#285677 - 04/25/10 10:33 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

You would end up with one hell of a workstation, that's what would happen. The way the system works you could jump between VSTi's with the press of a single button too, or mix them together under one performance in the VSTHOST.

Or why not drive the arranger with Goliath...lol.. that would be freaking awesome.

I have the EW Play Orchestral package myself, but I have yet to install it on the keyboard. Will be interesting to see how well in deals with my iLok key.

As for your Giga Library, it will run that like a dream. You can even layer up to 8 sounds in a single COMBI.

Anything is possible....!!!!!

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-25-2010).]

#285678 - 04/25/10 06:57 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Well as it looks, will be testing that pretty soon...(-: MS with Goliath...lolz, i wanna see
then what can the G70 do...lolz.

Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online