SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 27 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285719 - 04/27/10 07:48 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes but programming it exactly as Yamaha and Korg? You can't do that. No program can do that. If you can do that let me hear. And who want to program that. Not me I want to play not do the job of the sound engineers. I also don't find VST superior. Superior to what? To a Korg M3 or a Yamaha Motif XS?

#285720 - 04/27/10 08:06 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

When Mediastation comes mainstream there will be users that recreate megavoices and share them...

Yep. there's that word "when" again...been hearing that for quite a few years now...still no go.

Ian

#285721 - 04/27/10 08:12 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Yes Ian and also that word superior irritate me.

#285722 - 04/27/10 08:24 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Yamaha and Korg have their Mega-voices and DNC integrated in the arranger section...that's why they are such a doddle to use, yet, they provide enormous amounts of expressivity.

So far, Mediastation has not been able to totally utilize the power of the VST's in an accompaniment generator.

It's always, "When the Mediastation"..."Soon the Mediastation"..."Some day the Mediastation will..."

I'll believe all their hype when I hear it....meanwhile Korg and Yamaha will continue to raise the bar.

Ian

#285723 - 04/27/10 08:30 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Do you know how mega voices work, i asume you do.
And did you watch the video, i asume you did

Then you must have seen how easy it is to copy mega voices with the program Mimik. And these megavoices will sound exactly like the Yamaha megavoices.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285724 - 04/27/10 08:35 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Do you know how mega voices work, i asume you do.
And did you watch the video, i asume you did

Then you must have seen how easy it is to copy mega voices with the program Mimik. And these megavoices will sound exactly like the Yamaha megavoices.

Of course I know how Mega-voices work...it's just that I haven't seen their equivalent in a Mediastation, which it will need to make Yamaha styles sound as good as on the original instrument.

Edited to add: I know..."some day" the Mediastation will have these mega voice equivalents in their accompaniments...meanwhile, Yamaha has been using them successfully since the Tyros1(2002) and continues to improve and develop them...even their mid-range instruments have them.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-27-2010).]

#285725 - 04/27/10 08:42 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Quote:
. And these megavoices will sound exactly like the Yamaha megavoices.

Now you are talking funny. Yamaha has his own sound. Unless you use a Yamaha VST the mediastation will never sound as a Yamaha.

#285726 - 04/27/10 08:45 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Of course I know how Mega-voices work...it's just that I haven't seen their equivalent in a Mediastation, which it will need to make Yamaha styles sound as good as on the original instrument.

Ian

Thats because you need to use a NEKO to use the program Mimik. And prolly noboddy has both. but its only amatter of time.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285727 - 04/27/10 08:51 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Mimik is my no means unique.

Extreme Sample Converter, Sample Robot and Samplit all do the same thing and they have been a round a lot longer.

I have Extreme Sample Converter myself

Regards
James.

#285728 - 04/27/10 08:56 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Thats because you need to use a NEKO to use the program Mimik. And prolly noboddy has both. but its only amatter of time.

Well, Neko's aren't much money, are they?
I suppose one could add it to their Mediastation...but, doesn't the Mediastation already play VST's much like the Neko?

Perhaps the Mediastation user group could purchase one to share amongst themselves?

Of course, not all of the users will want to be using the Mediastation as an arranger.

Ian.

Page 15 of 27 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online