SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285829 - 04/29/10 04:22 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Ah i wish i had one MS...then i would've proved many points...doing things by actually
measuring the time and recording the whole process on cam while doing and talking...

buy one if you can. You will not regret it. I think other MS users also will say this to you.

#285830 - 04/29/10 07:49 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Once again, the MS boys write and write and write. Heck, a typewriter could do the job just as well as an MS if this is all we have to go on..! I wonder if any of them can actually play at all?

Actually I was wondering that myself. Yesterday I listen to many demos on Youtube people playing the MS and they all sound just awful. Even kids who put a demo on Youtube playing a casio or a bontempi have a better sound quality. How the hell can you expect me to buy a MS if Lionstracs can't even put a video on Youtube with a decent sound quality and demo.

[This message has been edited by FransN (edited 04-29-2010).]

#285831 - 04/29/10 08:00 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Dnj Offline

FranN....why put down someones purchase?
If they enjoy their unit and it makes them happy so be it. There are no rules in music gear...buy it, use it, enjoy it, trade it, sell it, it's the owners prerogative and has nothing to prove to anyone. No one is pressuring a person to buy one.There are many many pieces in the GEAR Puzzle...if this piece doesn't fit simply try another. At this time I enjoy Yamaha KB units....
I'm not saying it's my last arranger but for now I'm very happy with it on stage.
Read thru all 7 pages of this thread and you'll start scratching your head.....I'd rather be playing what makes ME happy.

#285832 - 04/29/10 08:04 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Isn't that what The MS people do to other brands. Putting down my Korg. Saying the MS is superior to Korg and Yamaha. Do you think I like that. Making claims that they are better then closed keyboards. They started it and I say what I think.

#285833 - 04/29/10 08:36 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Isn't that what The MS people do to other brands. Putting down my Korg. Saying the MS is superior to Korg and Yamaha. Do you think I like that. Making claims that they are better then closed keyboards. They started it and I say what I think.

Fran let them all say what they want....the BOTTOM Line always is lets hear what you got? Talk is very cheap.... listen and form an opinion its as simple as that. The player operator, on any unit is what always matters. It's only a keyboard why get upset?...life is way to short.

Enjoy your music.

#285834 - 04/29/10 08:48 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:

Frans you missed an important thing, we never stated that Korg and Yamaha have bad instrumetns...

Most people are better off with closed instruments anyway, as they just want to start playing music right out of the box, and have a near perfect sounding style under the next button for every song they want to play.

But then there are people that love to toy around with their settings to make things sound even better, they love to tweak their sounds beyound even the possibilities of a Korg. They want to have the broadest sound sellection possible and the highest quallity.

For those people there is open instruments. And yes when you put your time and knowledge inthere they must sound better, but at a fair cost of time invested.

So where does that leave me... I want the best of all worlds...
- Great sounding styles straight from the box
- Best sound quallity

I am still not convinced mediastation will suit all my needs.

So either i might purchase a Lionstracs Groove X7 and a Korg M3 rack.

Or go back to my orriginal plan of using a Kurzweil PC3 with both an Audya 4 module and an openlabs Dbeat(when they finally support KARMA).

Well i have some time left to decide because i'll have to wayt till late this year till my savings come free, and i have the cash to spend on this. (Was orriginally going to buy a Wersi, but that dream was crushed some time ago)

I have a lot of experience tough with VSt's and Software, enough to know that a VST, or an extensive Giga sample is lightyears ahead of the current close arranger models. But not far enough ahead to make a medicore player on mediastation sound better then a great player on a T3 or PA2X.

I am nothing but a medicore player at best, that really enjoys making music at home. And playing with my toys makes me relax from the daily stress at work.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285835 - 04/29/10 08:48 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

DNJ You're right.

#285836 - 04/29/10 10:04 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
All this crap talk and no offense but i bet 80% of you dont even know how to lower a volume
on a track ona style...and when we sadly know that is the case then why the hell even bother
talk about arrangers of 5000$ that to use are s[ace shuttle and we'll never buy them.
A lot of people have NOE CLUE of technology and still talk about it...sad...this is sick on here.

#285837 - 04/29/10 11:34 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

where have you seen that MS/Groove users have said that Roland-Korg-Yamaha-Ketron-Wersi.............

are bad products?

MS users all use other products from Roland-Korg-Yamaha-Ketron, or .................................. ..

reverse other arranger fans of Roland-Korg Yamaha-Ketron-Wersi..............................

argue that MS/Groove is bad product, this is not true.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-29-2010).]

#285838 - 04/29/10 12:52 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Like I said, for all my amnesiac fans...

I've posted stuff in the past, all of it (or at least some) is still up at Roland-Arranger.com. Some of it in style mode some in SMF with a guitarist. Just because you can't be BOTHERED to remember it, Dom, or look for it, AFG, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

However, once again, it's telling that, rather than simply provide the asked for proof of your claims, you choose to attack (ill-informed, at that) the poster that asks for it. What DIFFERENCE does it make whether I've posted anything at all? This thread is about YOUR arranger, not mine. You are the ones making the claim of superiority. Back it up. Or SHUT UP.

This isn't a question of a few HOURS between posts. This is a question of a few YEARS before a decent demo. Some of these fanboys have had their MS's for YEARS. You can't honestly be serious to expect ANY of them to claim that, despite apparently being the best thing since sliced bread, NOT ONE of them has had enough pride in it to be bothered to record it and post it... despite YEARS of ownership.

About the only one actually posting any style based music on this thread is Fran, and bless him, even he acknowledges how poor it is. And gigs with a closed arranger if he is going to use styles. Everybody else just TALKS. And talks, and talks, and talks. And THAT is all the proof I need.

Because, IF you had a decent style demo, you would have posted it already...

QED.

Page 26 of 27 < 1 2 24 25 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online