SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 28 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284805 - 04/07/10 06:17 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

root and first inversion (1st is outside the normal split point) Bm7b5 plays with live guitars with a B bass

if you drop two below root it will play a Dm6 chord with D bass

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 04-07-2010).]

#284806 - 04/07/10 06:25 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
Bm7b5 plays with live guitars in all inversions

So the audio guitar plays an "A" in the root when you play a Bm7b5/A? And a "B" in the root when Bm7b5 is played?

Can you post some guitar part only demos using the chords that use audio and midi when you have the time and are feeling up to it?

I think several of us would like to hear them...if it's not a lot of trouble...just style left hand, using both bass inversions and regular fingered.

It would surely clear up a lot of confusion, and invariably help promote the Audya.

Ian

#284807 - 04/07/10 06:27 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

sorry Ian. i edited my previous post with some extra detail just after you must have posted.

it won't too much trouble to video the changes, although i don't have a great quality camera. should be ok for this though.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 04-07-2010).]

#284808 - 04/07/10 06:39 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Ian,

what's amazing is that:
you CAN hear the "lack" of FULL complex chords on audio guitar , (addition of midi notes)
but CANNOT hear that as a whole,
the AUDYA rocks the socks off over T3, for "in your face, LIVE sound"

also, in your opinion, what's the backbone of a band?
if you had to pick 1 instrument...what's the foundation?

would you not say bass? and drums?
and everything else is gravy...

but you have the RIGHT to hate AUDYA, ONLY if you TRY it like me,
i doubted it, but when i heard it, and played it next to my G-70, NO COMPARISON, for my music of course :-)

play it and you will not be thinking of that one midi guitar note...

don't hate midi so much, cuz YAMAHA uses it ALL the time,
so stick to Yamaha my friend :-)

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 04-07-2010).]

#284809 - 04/07/10 06:40 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

So it won't play the corresponding root on the audio guitar to coincide with the bass part when you play a Bm7b5/A...assuming you change the split point to accommodate the chord?

This is when the keyboard is in On Bass, or bass inversion mode.

In other words, the lowest note in the Audio guitar part would be an A when playing a Bm7b5/A?

I'm not trying to make this confusing...I'm interested in how the Audio guitar parts handle on bass chords when they are played alone.

It would be nice to be able to play a chord progression with a descending bass line, using the guitar parts alone. I can do it on the S910.

Ian

#284810 - 04/07/10 07:00 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Ian,

what's amazing is that:
you CAN hear the "lack" of FULL complex chords on audio guitar , (addition of midi notes)
but CANNOT hear that as a whole,
the AUDYA rocks the socks off over T3, for "in your face, LIVE sound"

Well, Lee, it may rock the socks off anything out there, but it's not worth a soot to me if the guitar parts are improperly voiced and sound like soot.

You heard them on the demo and didn't like them, but now your opinion has changed...that's fine, you obviously are more concerned with a rough and ready sound, than one that is more refined, detailed, and correct.

Anyone who plays jazz (and sophisticated Pop) would be very concerned how a keyboard handles root notes/inversion, and rootless voicing, as well as anyone who plays Latin (properly).

I'm glad the Audya appeals to you...so far I'm not convinced, but I am willing to be educated and learn more about how the Audya processes audio/midi guitar chords.

I said in an earlier post, the Audya, like the Tyros3/PSR-S910 won't appeal to every-one's taste, and needs, and style of play.

I don't do dance stuff...I mostly do recording now and I like having and hearing details in the music that are correct and refined.

That's why I use Yamaha arrangers...if I wanted to go with bingity bangity dancy type stuff with emphasized bass and drums, I might choose something along the lines of the Audya, but more likely it would be Roland (or maybe Korg)...although I can get a pretty potent sound out of the S910 with some style editing and EQ'ing.

I'm sorry I don't share your enthusiasm for the Audya just yet...when are you buying one? When it is fixed? Or, do you believe it is exactly what you want right now?

If so, why aren't you playing one? Surely it can't be the price? It rocks the socks off everything, so whatever it costs, it would have to be part of your kit.

I know if I felt that way about an instrument, I'd have it right away.

Personally, I'm with Diki...I think you're just dreaming.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-07-2010).]

#284811 - 04/07/10 07:13 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

i'm not playing one NOW,
as i'm waiting for AUDYA4 module

i play my OLD XD3, and G-70
but 80% is Ketron,
i like it more and so does my audience

i also need to know if i can upgrade the "wimpy" 80GB hard drive to something of today' standards, 1TB

Ian, you mentioned that i bitched on lack of FULL audio chords,
yes i did, but when i started playing it,
that was the last thing on my mind :-)

FYI IAN,
Latin is very broad,
not all latin music uses Bbm11+13 chords

ever hear of Merengue, Cumbia, Bachata, Salsa?

i don't play Latin Jazz

#284812 - 04/07/10 07:24 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Well Lee...I ain't just a bass and drums kind of guy...I like the style to be full and realistic...not everyone wants things my way, or your way.

If the Audya floats your boat, that's wonderful.

Ian

#284813 - 04/07/10 07:26 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

#284814 - 04/07/10 07:38 AM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

That was nice, but can you have the guitar parts only...no bass and drums please....we already know they sound great.

If you could, throw in some slash chords (on bass) as well.

I would like to hear the guitar parts only, and playing the chords that involve audio and midi guitars.

That would be the real acid test, in my opinion.

Thanks,

Ian

Page 7 of 28 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online